2005 Ford Mustang GT

You're comparing a more luxury rice car with low torque to a muscle sports car known for high hp and torque.

I've always like Corvettes and Mustangs. You people think they're ugly? That's one of the funnier things I've seen in a while.

It's very possible that the 2005 Mustang will be only the second good card Ford has made since the Model T; the other being the 1968 Cougar. :whistle:

the guy started a thread about the ford mustang, and all i read is " ford is a no no " so, if ford is a no no , dont post in a FORD thread, it is very annoying reading comments like the some of you posted, if you dont like ford ok, but don't start talking **** about great cars, because ford mustang's are great cars, go and buy some crappy mitsubishi instead if you dont like em :angry:

apart from the other, i dont live in the us, and you CANT compare an american muscle car with a mitsu or else

my 2 cents ;)

so then your saying any police force in the U.S. made a little 'mistake' by outfitting their force with ford vehicles?

hmm. most use chevy where i live...

Listen, we can continue to argue which car is better and which car looks like sh!t. However, the truth is that each car type has it's own attributes that appeal to different people. People who like the high reving, smaller, rice burners will say so and stand behind that type of car. People who like loud, high HP, american muscle cars will stand behind their favorites. This thread is about the new mustang, and when people write comparing models that's fine. So guys, a general comment that Ford is a no no, is ok. But for those of us who back Ford and this New Hot Mustang, we know they can't talk diddly about the reliability and performance as compared to other cars yet. It's not out! All we can go on is what we can see from pictures.

which model(s)? The uber stylish FRONT WHEEL DRIVE Malibu or the no-longer-produced Caprice Classic?

The ONLY hot pursuit a Malibu belongs in involves chasing street racing gnat emmulating Hondas. Ok, maybe 'patrolling' the mall.

BH

Learning alot about people's perceptions (and age group by it)

My first car was a 68 Stang, followed by a 70 Camaro, 87 Stang, 98 Stang Convertible

My fiancee has a BMW 325, what an overpriced car that is, and the performance is not

that great, sorry to burst your bubble....

But the reason someone buys a "muscle" car is that when you are driving on the highway,

or taking turns at 75-80 (nothing to go crazy about) the car hugs the road, and you have no

slip in the turn, as well as you feel EVERYTHING in the road, every bump, joint, and seam.

That is what ADDS to the car's performance. I wince when I see a pothole, as I know I am going

to feel it, but that is why I got a Sports Car in the first place, nothing beats the connection

to the road you are driving.

Personally, I LOVE the new Mustang for 2005, When I saw the pictures last year, I knew it would be my

next car. I can't wait for September.....

the guy started a thread about the ford mustang, and all i read is " ford is a no no " so, if ford is a no no , dont post in a FORD thread, it is very annoying reading comments like the some of you posted, if you dont like ford ok, but don't start talking **** about great cars, because ford mustang's are great cars, go and buy some crappy mitsubishi instead if you dont like em :angry:

apart from the other, i dont live in the us, and you CANT compare an american muscle car with a mitsu or else

my 2 cents ;)

crappy mitsu? are you on crack? have you ever even drive a mitsubishi?

Learning alot about people's perceptions (and age group by it)

My first car was a 68 Stang, followed by a 70 Camaro, 87 Stang, 98 Stang Convertible

My fiancee has a BMW 325, what an overpriced car that is, and the performance is not

that great, sorry to burst your bubble....

But the reason someone buys a "muscle" car is that when you are driving on the highway,

or taking turns at 75-80 (nothing to go crazy about) the car hugs the road, and you have no

slip in the turn, as well as you feel EVERYTHING in the road, every bump, joint, and seam.

That is what ADDS to the car's performance. I wince when I see a pothole, as I know I am going

to feel it, but that is why I got a Sports Car in the first place, nothing beats the connection

to the road you are driving.

Personally, I LOVE the new Mustang for 2005, When I saw the pictures last year, I knew it would be my

next car. I can't wait for September.....

Oh yeah brother! Excellent description!

:yes: ONe BAdddd Ass Ride The BEst thing Ford Has Thought Of yet Damm IF i Could Afford the 35,000 $ tag You damm straight id buy one .... Hmm All You Chevy Bowtie Boys !!!! Where Did your Preacious Camaro go ?? Awww Did the Mustang Leave IT In the Dust?? Hmm No More Camaro Now All Ford Has to do Is Dust Away the Vette lol..... Ohh And YEs Ford Has A few Sports Cars / Vehicles... Dont FOrget about the Svt Lighting Truck , The F150, The Svt Focus, Ohhh The Sho Taurus Hmm can we keep Going ??

post-7-1073423394.jpg

I love it.

I absolutely freaking love it.

Oh man, I'm buying this as soon as it comes out -- $500/month payments, here I come!

Is it truly going to be in September? Or will they be available for the Summer? I bought my 99 in July on the first year it was out.

:yes: ONe BAdddd Ass Ride The BEst thing Ford Has Thought Of yet Damm IF i Could Afford the 35,000 $ tag You damm straight id buy one .... Hmm All You Chevy Bowtie Boys !!!! Where Did your Preacious Camaro go ?? Awww Did the Mustang Leave IT In the Dust?? Hmm No More Camaro Now All Ford Has to do Is Dust Away the Vette lol..... Ohh And YEs Ford Has A few Sports Cars / Vehicles... Dont FOrget about the Svt Lighting Truck , The F150, The Svt Focus, Ohhh The Sho Taurus Hmm can we keep Going ??

35K, what the hell are you going to buy with that a Cobra? Part of the reason Mustangs are popular is because of the price for the horsepower you get. It's not going to be over 30K unless you buy a Cobra. I mean even the covertibles are under 30K. I bought my 99 GT for 22K brand new. It was loaded with everything available except leather. An mistake I will never make again!

The 2005 GT looks *STELLAR*. Probably the best blending of old & new in an automobile, ever. The look is distinct, and has 'muscle car' written all over it. Thumbs up to Ford.

The 2005 Ford Mustang:

This is the concept Mustang that you have pictured, not the production model. Both are similar, but warrant discrimination because of their differences.

And I am all over this new 'Stang. I would like to see a yellow one, but right now, I want a Silver one...

Hopefully I'll have a decent-paying job by then and will be able to afford it.

I've had two 1995 Mustang V6s, I currently own an '89 GT Convertible (nice!) but will be sold by this weekend.

And my username is Latin for "swift horse" or quick pony or fast Mustang.. hehe.

I would count on September for these to roll in, August if we are lucky (already put my deposit down).

I bought both the 87 and 98 Stang from the same dealer, so I got in on this one.

I don't see why every option except leather is a mistake (I did the EXACT same thing on my 98 convertible).

And leather and a convertible just doesn't make sense. Gets too hot/cold, ALOT of maintenance. Cloth is always

better to get, but with the 2005 it doesn't look like it will be available :)

If I had known then what I have learned, I would have kept my 68 stang, and all my friends had muscle cars

that you don't see anymore (we were teenagers on the mid 80's) We had between us all 72 Dodge Dart (or was it a 70), GTO, Cougar, Nova SS, Catalina, Mustang II from 79, Cutlass Supreme, 75 thunderbird

Those were ALL awesome cars to kick around in, and work on....

You sure BMW could beat a look like this?

When BMW ain't even in the same league as Mustang:rolleyes:s:

Anyone who knows their cars will take a Mustang over a BMW anyday.

Though I'd have an BMW M5 and a Mustang GT50:D:D

Radish?

The car that was pictured in your post is pure heaven. I want one. In fact, I want two, so that I can have one to drive, and one to look beautiful in the garage. Mmm, mmmm mmmmm!

which model(s)? The uber stylish FRONT WHEEL DRIVE Malibu or the no-longer-produced Caprice Classic?

The ONLY hot pursuit a Malibu belongs in involves chasing street racing gnat emmulating Hondas. Ok, maybe 'patrolling' the mall.

BH

A lot of police use the Impala and the Monte Carlo.

Yeah with a convertible leather may be a problem. But the leather they are making these days are much better at getting hot. My parents Jeep has dark leather and I can get in it and actually sit down without going ouch!!

You put a deposit down already? Did you work out a price? What type of choices did you get to ask for, or was it just....I want one and here is some money. :) Will you get to ask for a specific configuration?

I told them my first preference was for a convertible GT Loaded, but if no convertible, then a hard top.

Color choice in order : Silver, Yellow, Red, Blue (as whichever it may be)

Stick Shift

Price : TBD but in the 2 times I have purchased there, it has never been a problem or issue

It does look recycled. I'd probablly never buy a Mustang (even if I saved up enough during college), simply because they are the most common sports car.

I'm more for buying a nice import car (Mitsu, BMW) and modding it myself.

did you just say mitsubishi is a nice import car...how about economy car.....bmw is a nice import, along with all germans