Do you Believe in Ghosts/ Paranormal Beings?

Do you Believe in Ghosts/ Paranormal Beings?  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Do you Believe in Ghosts/ Paranormal Beings?

• YES - Definitely
    • NO - They don't Exist
    • I am a Ghost Myself

I see @Boo Berry hasn't voted yet. :shifty:

I think the idea of ghosts is cool for stories, but I don't believe in them. They're as mythical as unicorns, dragons and honest politicians.

Your missing a fourth option. Yes they do exist, but everything points to and suggests over the years with all the testing that they only exist as an illusion in the mind. Much like many other beliefs.

Pareidolia is a big part of the problem.

21 minutes ago, DConnell said:

I see @Boo Berry hasn't voted yet. :shifty:

I think the idea of ghosts is cool for stories, but I don't believe in them. They're as mythical as unicorns, dragons and honest politicians.

We have a special option for him, " I am a Ghost Myself "

• Like 2

I determine what I think is real based on facts, so I guess my stance would be no I don't believe since the facts don't exist.  I'm always interested in being proven wrong though. :yes:

For me, I believe that there is SOMETHING after death. Energy can't just cease to be, it has to go somewhere when you die.  I don't think it's inconceivable that that energy can "linger" around in some circumstances before moving on and re-joining the cosmos, or wherever that energy goes when we die.

Yes, I do. I believe there are realms of existence that science cannot yet detect, that we share with this one. Our energy has to go somewhere.

23 minutes ago, Dot Matrix said:

Yes, I do. I believe there are realms of existence that science cannot yet detect, that we share with this one. Our energy has to go somewhere.

http://www.sciencealert.com/a-cosmologist-says-he-s-found-possible-signs-of-a-parallel-universe

I do but not in the Ghostbusters realm but in the Biblical sense.

• Like 2

IF they do exist, it must be the most boring existence ever, I can't imagine watching people do the same crap day after day after day after day... while never being able to participate in another single solitary thing.

I voted yes.. purely due to personal experiences I have had.  Couple of stories that I swear on my life happened and I experienced.

1) I was at my girlfriend at the time's house taking a shower.  I got out and was shaving when I noticed an older man in the mirror behind me.  I looked back nothing there, looked in the mirror and noone but me.  Door was open to let the steam out but not fully and had not moved.   I finished shaving and went to the living room and told her that I had seen "something".  Her response was: "Was it an older gentleman?"  That totally caught me off guard I told her that it was.  She replied that he and his wife were the original owners of the house and he had passed away in it.  That her daughters had also seen him and would watch him walk from one bedroom into the other.  

2) My girlfriends bedroom was in the basement directly below the kids's rooms. We would often hear footsteps above us that sounded like movement from one room to the other.  On more than one occasion I would go up and make sure the kids were in bed.  Every time I went the kids were sound asleep still tucked in.  Both were young (2 and 4) so fake sleeping was more than they could do.

3) My aunt passed away from cancer about 3 years ago.  The night she passed away, I woke up in the middle of the night feeling like there was someone looking at me.  Anyone that has kids that have woken them up knows the feeling I am talking about.  It felt like her, it wasn't scary or anything.. just weird.  I didn't say anything about it to anyone, about 2 months later my sister and I were talking about something and the topic of my aunt came up.  My sister then said: "This is going to sound weird.. but I swear the night she passed it felt like she was standing in my room looking at me.".  I was floored.. she experienced what I had and at the same time we had never discussed it.

Like I said, it's not an easy question to answer. What are ghosts, exactly? Spirits of departed souls? Memories (e.g. usually very emotional/traumatic) frozen in time replaying over and over and/or some sort of warping of time and space? Electromagnetic energy that interacts with our brains causing us to see and experience things? Residual energy of some unknown type? Perhaps, in some cases, some evil demonic being? Or perhaps, in some cases, an (guardian) angel-type of thing. Unfortunately we'll likely never know.

Are hauntings real? The answer should be yes, but not because of a belief of the supernatural, but of what is the person or persons actually experiencing in these types of situations?

Weird personal experiences have made me not a believer, but someone who's sure that there is something we can't scientifically explain yet.