Windows 10 Mobile dark theme killing the OS?

There is a lot of reasons that Windows 10 Mobile or Windows Phone in general is not doing well. Here are some of the main reason, Microsoft was late in the game with Windows Phone 7. Microsoft charging OEM to use the OS while Google was giving it away, the lack of progress in the first 5 years with Windows Phone 7 to 8.1 and the lack of Apps in the Store.

I have been using Windows Phone for 5 years and there is something that I have always found distasteful about Windows Mobile OS then iOS or even Android now. The Windows platform is dark or was design in dark background and dark shapes. Which made sense because it saves on battery life. To me the dark look is not really consumer friendly like the Android or even more the iOS with bright colors and white background. Sure you can change the dark mode to light mode because it does not look the same. It was not design to be white. I can see people not liking that. Is do you think about that?

The dark theme was because of user feedback. Go through the Feedback Hub; tons of people asking for all official apps to have dark themes, for dark themes to be more integrated, etc.

The light theme does exist, as you said, but yeah, the OS isn't based on it by default. You may wish to suggest it in the Feedback Hub.