They are sabotaging the pc to force people to use smartphone?

It seems that people are failing to use PC to get on the internet via smartphone.
navigators, operational systems of the PCs hardware, it's getting worse.
It seems that they are trying to force people to migrate to only use the phone now. and want people to stop using PC.

it's just a question, I do not know what's going well.

I don't think it's a conspiracy, I think people just aren't very productive anymore and are more consumers of information than creators of information. That's why cell phones and tablets work for them. Personally when I want to read stuff, a tablet and phone works great. But the movement I want to be productive, I wanna throw them both across the room... that includes but not limited too, responding to neowin posts :)

5 minutes ago, kifirefox said:

No, it's just that, by and large, people don't like using PCs.  We are very much the exception. Yet people love their smartphones. Makes sense to try to bring some of that experience back to the PC.

haha...what?  No.  Smartphones are just becoming powerful and they are able to perform tasks now that was not possible 10 years ago.

• Like 3

Probably because for the most part, your average user can do everything they want to do with a smartphone & would have done so years ago if the technology was available. Even myself for personal use if I'm not playing games or watching a film, I can get by with browsing the web, listening to music etc with just a tablet.

8 minutes ago, Active. said:

No, it's just that, by and large, people don't like using PCs.  We are very much the exception. Yet people love their smartphones. Makes sense to try to bring some of that experience back to the PC.

as well not like pc? You can explain your answer?
pcs are getting bad at all, browsers are very heavy, unstable, slow, buggy, etc.
and I do not know if my impression, but they destroyed the browsers and are leaving them full of errors, and smartphone browsers are perfect and never close, crash, critical errors, etc.
It seems they want people to browse on your smartphone. it's just a PC migration theory smartphone.

You must be joking! I have more problems with IE on my Lumia than I ever have on a desktop, it usually just closes its self without any explanation why. Firefox is nothing like that, even IE on Windows desktop isn't like this.

I guess this also confirms why a walled garden is good for some users, it's obvious that if someone is having immense problems with their browsers on their PCs, that they're loaded with all sorts of extensions to cause them to act like that.

2 minutes ago, kifirefox said:

pcs are getting bad at all, browsers are very heavy, unstable, slow, buggy, etc.
and I do not know if my impression, but they destroyed the browsers and are leaving them full of errors, and smartphone browsers are perfect and never close, crash, critical errors, etc.
It seems they want people to browse on your smartphone. it's just a PC migration theory smartphone.

Not sure what browsers you use, but Chrome, IE, and Firefox have been perfectly fine on PCs and on mobile.  It's been this way forever.

Sounds like something is just wrong on your end.

the impression it gives is, the smartphone software are best made, and the PC are full of critical bugs, incompatibilities, and poorly finished.
the impression it gives is that the smartphone software are very well made, too much! than expected.
  this ends up drawing the attention of young people. because sometimes the pc seems that the software is more difficult to Mecher, strange errors or botched software.

12 minutes ago, kifirefox said:

Who is 'they'? 

29 minutes ago, kifirefox said:

It seems that people are failing to use PC to get on the internet via smartphone.
navigators, operational systems of the PCs hardware, it's getting worse.
It seems that they are trying to force people to migrate to only use the phone now. and want people to stop using PC.

it's just a question, I do not know what's going well.

Yep

Welcome to 2012 :-)

Think about it? Balmer agreed to use Metro because it would make grannies who hate change buy Windows Phones out of familiarity and it was documented. 

But for Microsoft they are losing their Windows Monopoly and control of the ecosystem. If teenagers and millenials entering the workforce use their phones and tablets and Chromebooks it means they will demand other non MS apps like Google Docs. It means pressure on win32 app makers like Adobe to make apps available on other platforms such as Android. It means once Office is ported to Android and IOS to keep these young folks from leaving Office 365 will have NO REASON to use Windows at all?!

So yes. MS is struggling with dragging it's feet but the market is heading for Surface Tablets with super long battery life, free price for OS, touch friendly, independent screen sizes, and other things the old clunk mechanical windows 7 thick laptop with a 3 hour battery life. 

Windows 10 and apps and support for long battery life and small to large smart devices is the logical step to remain relevant. Enterprises who love MS never upgrade anymore as witnessed by XP. So MS doesn't care about your legacy desktop. Sorry man but I see why MS would do this and it is no conspiracy

18 minutes ago, warwagon said:

I don't think it's a conspiracy, I think people just aren't very productive anymore and are more consumers of information than creators of information. That's why cell phones and tablets work for them. Personally when I want to read stuff, a tablet and phone works great. But the movement I want to be productive, I wanna throw them both across the room... that includes but not limited too, responding to neowin posts :)

You can still use laptops and notebooks to do all those same things - the issue there is size.  Laptops (and even notebooks) are bigger than most tablets; the largest tablets have screen sizes of 10 inches - not as large as the smallest notebook (typically 13 inches for notebooks).  Laptops?  Even larger yet (fifteen and seventeen inches, and all the way north to twenty-three inches - which is the size of the screen of my desktop PC - and Mom's AIO - literally, desktop-sized).

The bigger issue with desktop-sized laptops is desktop-sized power usage; the biggest knock against notebooks and laptops is *still* battery life - which becomes even MORE obvious when you lack places to plug in (to recharge or simply run off AC instead).  While more places have free wi-fi, are there more places to plug in (be it your tablet, notebook, or laptop)?  What folks use is determined by lack of power - not lack of connectivity; and due to the power issue, tablets (and smartphones) win, and win big.  (in fact, since I added my tablet to the two notebooks I already had, the furthest either notebook has gone is the deck in the rear of the house - and it's not lack of connectivity, as the tablet and both notebooks all support wireless-N (not mobile data).  The issue is lack of places to plug in a notebook (battery life) - period.

Personally, I'd rather use a notebook (screen-size); however, battery life (and lack of places to recharge) is still a major issue with notebooks.  Not a conspiracy - but reality slapping our ugly mugs with trout.

Windows 10 and apps and support for long battery life and small to large smart devices is the logical step to remain relevant. Enterprises who love MS never upgrade anymore as witnessed by XP. So MS doesn't care about your legacy desktop. Sorry man but I see why MS would do this and it is no conspiracy

Please don't speak for all Enterprises, people often do this but we have successfully rolled out Windows 10 on hundreds of systems, there are other sysadmins here on Neowin who have also done this.

I have realized that the updated programs are built with error codes, as the former were more stable. but more simple and looks ugly.

perhaps they are looking to sabotage the PCs in their programs, and updating the software only on your smartphone.
current programs, new, good-looking, well translated, all only on the smartphone. and old programs, ugly and full of errors in pcs.

does anyone know what the name of this play?
this is called sabotage? it is?

I do not know the technical name from the word for it yet.

someone read about Planned obsolescence? and this would be a form of technological sabotage?

I personal opinions, without quoting anything without sending videos. I want personal opinions and comments.

18 hours ago, kifirefox said:

What browser are you using? I'm able to surf from my PC just fine, no speed issues, no crashes, no bugs.. Maybe you should stop using Opera? :p  Contrariwise, I hate browsing from my phone. Loads of sites I use just still don't work right, or outright crash, or lag or whatever.  Maybe you're a bit confused and you think your phone is your PC? ;)

• Like 2

The issue is all the brain dead kids out there now a days and the simple fact the only thing they know are the social media crap sites, period!

Kids are simply to stupid to know how to use a PC! 

As far as browsers crashing, I don't have clue what any of you are talking about there. My IE, Firefox and Opera all run perfectly. Slight lie as Edge loves to crash but that's just because Windows 10 is basically a beta OS and I would expect that, although Firefox and Opera don't crash on Windows 10.

me decent answers, clueless. I have entered in other forums that is more games, and only teasing with my face in off topic. this one is a more serious forum. even in off topic!

are many questions ...
They want to sabotage the pc to force the use smartphone?
windows 10 is like a mobile device, not like the windows 7 that is fixed device.
I did not expect the fashion smartphone would be so strong as to destroy the window 7 to create this junk called windows 10 phone with smartphone face, imitating him and not being original for PC desktop.
smartphone software are better than PC software. are simple, easy to Mecher and translated into several languages, more automatic, more fecal learning, etc.

it seems that the smartphone software leaves the pc software on the sole of the shoe. ie leaves the PC in its infancy ground like outdated toy.
You have people who are replacing PC by phone.
the head of many pc has become outdated technology and smartphone fashion technology.
have websites, materials, topics that? replacement PC by phone ???

12 minutes ago, FloatingFatMan said:

What browser are you using? I'm able to surf from my PC just fine, no speed issues, no crashes, no bugs.. Maybe you should stop using Opera? :p  Contrariwise, I hate browsing from my phone. Loads of sites I use just still don't work right, or outright crash, or lag or whatever.  Maybe you're a bit confused and you think your phone is your PC? ;)

no, I'm not talking about all sites, plus the principal are made to run on the smartphone.
google works on your smartphone, already use DuckDuckGo, may not work right, because he's done more for PC. and something like popular websites run on smartphone and less popular sites not be so compatible. the smartphone of the problem is that destroys the wealth of the internet, only the most popular sites. smartphone in one search on DuckDuckGo is 100% just google. which shows that smartphone is a technology to sabotage the Internet and PCs. benefiting only sites of large companies!

2 minutes ago, cork1958 said:

The issue is all the brain dead kids out there now a days and the simple fact the only thing they know are the social media crap sites, period!

Kids are simply to stupid to know how to use a PC! 

As far as browsers crashing, I don't have clue what any of you are talking about there. My IE, Firefox and Opera all run perfectly. Slight lie as Edge loves to crash but that's just because Windows 10 is basically a beta OS and I would expect that, although Firefox and Opera don't crash on Windows 10.

children are getting very focused only on the phone that only has google, facebook, youtube. and each competition?
only show sites of large companies in smatphone. already on pc is to choose social networking, search engine, video site, etc. You can use. PC has more free personal choice. it is more fair to small businesses.
since the smartphone is a closed pot of large companies.
  this is a terrorist attack, sabotage, monopoly, etc. against the truth of free Internet that exists in the PC.

1 minute ago, kifirefox said:

no, I'm not talking about all sites, plus the principal are made to run on the smartphone.
google works on your smartphone, already use DuckDuckGo, may not work right, because he's done more for PC. and something like popular websites run on smartphone and less popular sites not be so compatible. the smartphone of the problem is that destroys the wealth of the internet, only the most popular sites. smartphone in one search on DuckDuckGo is 100% just google. which shows that smartphone is a technology to sabotage the Internet and PCs. benefiting only sites of large companies!

Umm, can anyone translate this for me?  I guess English isn't his first language, but I just don't speak gobbledegook...  I think he's saying that just because DDG works better for him than Google, the internet must be sabotaged?  What a weird thing to say...  

you are unable or think about an issue?

this is main issue I'm talking about the pc not alienate both the brains of people. since the smartphone and social networking, playing games, etc. It makes people more alienated.

the pc is to put two screens, you have to research, comment, question more, write blogs, write posting, etc. gives to reason more on the PC, as the smartphone, it's just to eat without thinking.

It is a stronger disposition tool than the PC. the pc you at least know what is being sold. since the smartphone is all made to look more beautiful and deceives people.

the smatphone is all too perfect, too much !!! you enter the perfect world of big business.

on the PC you are stuck, but at least you can choose which site, the program will be able to use the PC. even if it is poorly done, not popular, too old, not good graphics, etc.

already on the phone, they are rocking with the PC programs. reaches is humbling the PC.

who does not think the PC and only use smartphone ready to eat wha le on the screen.

pc gives more freedom to do more things and write more.
pc the more wealth the internet, gives more freedom to choose sites. It gives more freedom to small sites to see, etc.

28 minutes ago, FloatingFatMan said:

Umm, can anyone translate this for me?  I guess English isn't his first language, but I just don't speak gobbledegook...  I think he's saying that just because DDG works better for him than Google, the internet must be sabotaged?  What a weird thing to say...  

the DuckDuckGo is an alternative that is not even on google shame. but the smartphone does not leave small sites to be seen.
the smartphone is a monopoly of large business websites.

since the pc, you can see poorly done site, very unpopular.
the smartphone poe popular sites that are favorites unfairly on pc gives freedom to access sites that are undervalued, even being very good too, the other sites are devalued.
the smartphone has just ignoring, if you look at the crab, it google search, there can look at several different sites. It is a way to force people to only use a website and force a monopoly sites.

I think you're just a) visiting really crappily made sites that you THINK are popular but just aren't, and b) talking out your rear.

Honestly... Conspiracy against PC owners in favour of phones? What a complete and utter load of garbage... Quit smoking your socks, dude.

Removing "productivity" from the equation, some people only do basic internet stuff. In the past you had to buy a PC.

With smart devices, this enables people that use basic internet stuff from not having to be on a computer.

When it comes to software bugs, their everywhere, even on phones.

Just look at IOS 9.3.1 where .1 was to fix crashing when clicking on a web link.

This is despite multiple public beta tests (and unknown internal tests).

Android has monthly security updates now (which not all phones are getting). 

I think your less likely to find bugs on smart devices, because developers can't be as lazy with the code far more quality control, with PC's, they can just patch it latter easier.

Computers are far more complex then a smart device. A single smart device OS is optimized to work with just that hardware / device.

A PC, could have hundreds to thousands different pieces of hardware that have to work together.

Video games, pre-hard drive era, the games had to work or face expensive recall / replacement program.

There was not "patching", they had to get it right the first time.

Now they can release a physical copy that doesn't even work until you download the patch at game launch.