Rogue One: A Star Wars Story

25 minutes ago, FunkyMike said:

/snip

giggity.  

Man...I can not wait until this movie comes out.  Went through the entire Blu-Ray of TFA ... the movie and all the extras.  Need más!

Someone pointed out that the dish was already sort of "installed" in RotS.

sw_lgi_gallery06-star-wars-aftermath-mov

6LjlyVN.png

It was also suggested that maybe the Geonosians screwed it up the first time around :rolleyes: .. extreme nitpicking by some

• Like 1

Hard to tell.  It could be just the construction placeholders for the superlaser (in RotS)...with them dropping the weapon in during the RO trailer.  Maybe RO will show the Death Star prior to the weapon installation...hopefully continuity will be maintained.

Capture.JPG

Vader doesn't have to be in this story, and if they do, which we know they do, their mission right, they should never run into Vader because he's the one person who can figure out they're not who they should be and that they're hiding something, etc.  I don't expect to see him in the movie at all, or at the most, maybe some cameo or a short scene so viewers who are a bit slow on the uptake can figure out this is a prequel of sorts.

45 minutes ago, George P said:

Vader doesn't have to be in this story, and if they do, which we know they do, their mission right, they should never run into Vader because he's the one person who can figure out they're not who they should be and that they're hiding something, etc.  I don't expect to see him in the movie at all, or at the most, maybe some cameo or a short scene so viewers who are a bit slow on the uptake can figure out this is a prequel of sorts.

The Star Wars Rebels animated cartoon features Vader in some episodes and it will apparently interlink with the movie. They got James Earl Jones to reprise his role .. no doubt that it took a good chunk of their budget seeing as how Frank Oz also voiced Yoda in season 2.

The final episode of Rebels was pretty good if people are into that sort of thing. I think one of the lead writers from that show left to work on one of the anthology movies. Might even be this one.

RtsoipH.png

Canary_Wharf_tube_stn_eastbound_look_wes

Canary Wharf Tube Station.

Edited by FunkyMike
  • Like 2

On 07/04/2016 at 3:17 PM, FunkyMike said:

Someone pointed out that the dish was already sort of "installed" in RotS.

It was also suggested that maybe the Geonosians screwed it up the first time around :rolleyes: .. extreme nitpicking by some

is this not based between Empire & Jedi? Either way it's a pretty frickin cool visual

ah I see, i was confused because of Mon Mothma as we don't see her till Jedi and in Jedi she mentioned the mission to receive the plans for the death star, I thought that was the story they where doing

12 minutes ago, Som said:

ah I see, i was confused because of Mon Mothma as we don't see her till Jedi and in Jedi she mentioned the mission to receive the plans for the death star, I thought that was the story they where doing

She was suppose to be in RotS ... but her scene was cut (portrayed by the same actress ... Genevieve O'Reilly).  But yea...I can see how it can be confusing since Mon wasn't shown until Return (excluding the animations like Clone Wars).

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, BinaryData said:

Wait, did I miss something?

I thought they were doing VIII next? Like, what the heck? This is why I didn't see it in the theather.

No.....it is like this....so the "big" movies every ~2 years and the "small" stand alone movies in between.

-VII  (2015)

-Rogue One  (2016)

-VIII  (Dec 2017...was supposed to be May '17)

-Untitled - Han Solo(?) movie  (2018?)

-IX  (2019?)

-Untitled - Red Five(?) movie  (2020?)

Edit:  Or a Boba Fett movie instead of Red Five?

Edited by jjkusaf

Just now, jjkusaf said:

No.....it is like this....so the "big" movies every ~2 years and the "small" stand alone movies in between.

-VII  (2015)

-Rogue One  (2016)

-VIII  (Dec 2017...was supposed to be May '17)

-Han Solo(?)  (2018?)

-IX  (2019?)

-Red Five(?)  (2020?)

yeah.... that seems dumb. :(

Side note, I want more LotR :) 

1 minute ago, BinaryData said:

yeah.... that seems dumb. :(

Side note, I want more LotR :) 

I like it.  Star Wars every year...instead of waiting every two or so. :)  Really looking forward to Rogue One.  Not sure about the Solo ... solo film or Red Five....but details are basically non existent on them.

LotR ... barf.  Have they finished walking yet?   (I kid)

Rogue One’s Darth Vader casting revealed

It was reported last year that the Sith Lord would feature in Rogue One: A Star Wars Story and that Hayden Christensen would be reprising the role for the movie.

We teased last month that the rumour was correct, but Christensen would not be playing the part.

That’s because our sources are telling us that in fact British actor Spencer Wilding has been cast to play the body of Darth Vader in Rogue One.

Wilding is mostly a stunt actor and has had bit parts in Guardians of the Galaxy, Batman Begins,Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance and Wrath of the Titans.

We first heard of his casting last year, but waited for more confirmation on the story before running it.

Our source also confirms that Wilding has been running lines while on set, so Darth Vader will have a speaking role in Rogue One: A Star Wars Story.

However he will likely be dubbed by James Earl Jones just as David Prowse was when he played Vader in the Original Trilogy.

We sadly don’t have confirmation that Jones will be coming back to reprise his role, but it seems rather likely (Making Star Wars were very sure though, and they’re a good source to trust).

Source: http://www.flickeringmyth.com/2016/04/star-wars-exclusive-rogue-ones-darth-vader-casting-revealed/

Some people said Disney taking over was bad for Star Wars... but I'm only seeing advantages at the moment. The Force Awakens was really nice, and I'm also looking forward to this movie. I'm not easily disappointed by movies though....

I'm very happy that Christmas is turning into Star Wars Holiday.

• Like 1