had to revert back to 14295

I ended up not being able to restart or shutdown my laptop after updating to 14316. I tried shutting off the fast boot and what not.. nothing. I expected this as its a fast ring build and problems exist. I'll just hold tight to my build until redtsone/anniversary update/build releases.

I am encouraged by Ms's embracing the Bash to install Ubuntu in Windows. my kudos to MS.

Just now, Yoshimitsu said:

sfc /scannow

could have helped.

does this simply identify what's wrong or does it fix the issue(s)?

Just now, chrisj1968 said:

does this simply identify what's wrong or does it fix the issue(s)?

It will repair them unless the local store is corrupted, too.

3 minutes ago, chrisj1968 said:

naw my store was good to go. reinstalling 14316 now then thanks.

No, "local store" as in where the components are stored on your computer. If that gets corrupted sfc can't fix anything.

well everything with that was fine. I'm waiting for the build update for 14316.1000 to show up again. unless there's a manual way to do it through powershell or something..

ok, I'll play some "the division" until then. ;) thanks everyone. I owe you guys a lot for all the wonderful help.

15 minutes ago, warwagon said:

These are preview builds, probably a bug.

That was my initial thought. fast ring builds tend to have them I came to realize.

3 hours ago, coth said:

Calculator no longer accept keyboard keypad and keyboard at all. Just mouse.

that was wrong thread. but any way. it appears all keyboard doesn't work in all UWP apps.

9 hours ago, chrisj1968 said:

That was my initial thought. fast ring builds tend to have them I came to realize.

Well, that IS the idea behind fast ring.

On 4/7/2016 at 3:18 PM, chrisj1968 said:

I ended up not being able to restart or shutdown my laptop after updating to 14316. I tried shutting off the fast boot and what not.. nothing. I expected this as its a fast ring build and problems exist. I'll just hold tight to my build until redtsone/anniversary update/build releases.

My laptop hangs on shutdown every time too, now that I've updated to 14316.  I'll probably do a clean install in the next few days to hopefully clear that annoyance up.

• 2 weeks later...