Insider program option doesn't seem to work

Hi guys. I'm on build 10586 and decided to join the insider program via the Updates section. I logged in with my account and now I have the "Get insider preview builds" title, my account under it and a "Get started" button. If I click on that button, nothing happens (well, it "loads" something for about 2 seconds and that's it). Obviously, the "Check for updates" option doesn't show anything. 

I searched for this a little bit and I found a "solution" that involves some registry editing. However, I have none of these keys in that registry section. Adding them manually resulted in an error in the Updates section, with a "Fix it" button that also doesn't do anything.

Is there anything else I should do? :(

Once you've switched that option to insider builds it can take an hour or two for it to detect them. Those registry settings were probably from early in the Insider program and no longer work.

7 minutes ago, Eric said:

Once you've switched that option to insider builds it can take an hour or two for it to detect them. Those registry settings were probably from early in the Insider program and no longer work.

Oh, I see, so I should wait some more then. Ok, I'll get back with a reply in a few hours :) Thanks!

• 2 months later...

This is a common problem I've been on the fast insider builds for a while now but I'm suck on 14342 I've tried the registry changes you speak of

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/10/2016 at 9:32 PM, kalel83 said:

I had to fresh install once to fix Insider options. Sometimes the interface to adjust it breaks.

happened to me too.. it would either return a crappy message that some settings are managed by my organization (whaat?!) or to restart to receive Insider previews... somehow the email account wouldn't register over the server to associate the machine to a certain ring... bollocks and rolling back to stable to get them back