Apple releases new 12 inch Retina MacBook line: new processors, Rose Gold, better battery life

Apple releases new 12 inch Retina MacBook line: new processors, Rose Gold, better battery life

screen-shot-2016-04-19-at-13-30-40.png?w

Apple has today released an update to the 12 inch Retina MacBook line, with new processors, overall better performance, and a new color: Rose Gold. The new internals have also allowed Apple to grab an extra hour of battery life out of the same sized product. The MacBook refresh keeps the same thin chassis, the same edge-to-edge keyboard and the same single USB-C port design.

“MacBook is the thinnest and lightest Mac we have ever made and it’s our vision for the future of the notebook,” said Philip Schiller, Apple’s senior vice president of Worldwide Marketing. “Customers are going to love this update to MacBook, with the latest processors, faster graphics, faster flash storage, longer battery life and a beautiful rose gold finish.”

Source: 9to5Mac

only one port to do everything. am surprised they haven't done away with it in favour of wireless charging, that way they could sell extra accessories to connect USB, firewaire and hdmi wirelessly and charge a fortune for it.fwuhr6.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I still don't understand the single port decision on this either. Their obsession with minimalism and decluttering has long since gone past being a useful exercise, and now become an inconvenience for lots of people.

I'm sure the Macbook works as a solution for lots of people but personally I wouldn't go near one. My Air has just about the bare minimum number of ports I need and, in reality, my next notebook would need to be a Macbook Pro to be more useful / expandable.

• 1 month later...