Fear the Walking Dead (Season 2)

44 minutes ago, .Rob said:

Thoughts on Season 2 Episode 1?

I really like Strand.

meh.  I thought I missed 30 minutes or so of it.  Season last year ended with Liza dying and them looking at the boat.  This season starts with a whole bunch of walkers and and LA burning/getting bombed.  Just seemed like a lot was missing between her death and this episode.  The rest of the show ... I wasn't overly impressed.  Hopefully the future episodes will be better.

49 minutes ago, .Rob said:

Thoughts on Season 2 Episode 1?

I really like Strand.

As a whole, awful.  Just plain awful.  While I do also enjoy Strand, I HATE these stupid emo kids.  They have no respect for authority whatsoever.  I want to see those characters dead.  Otherwise I'm done with this spinoff.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Nogib said:

As a whole, awful.  Just plain awful.  While I do also enjoy Strand, I HATE these stupid emo kids.  They have no respect for authority whatsoever.  I want to see those characters dead.  Otherwise I'm done with this spinoff.

Agreed.  Failed to mention it in my original post...but Strand is, IMO, the only "likeable" character.  The others seem to be just there...hopefully they all (Stand excluded) die soon. :)

• Like 2

1 minute ago, jjkusaf said:

Agreed.  Failed to mention it in my original post...but Strand is, IMO, the only "likeable" character.  The others seem to be just there...hopefully they all (Stand excluded) die soon. :)

You guys have to remember that the apocalypse only just happened. The characters haven't had a chance to evolve yet. Rick was quite a different person when he called out "little girl" to the walker. Darryl was quite different than he is now.

It was a bit silly how the #tweet generation girl decided to give a random stranger their location even after she was told to not give out any info.

5 minutes ago, patseguin said:

You guys have to remember that the apocalypse only just happened. The characters haven't had a chance to evolve yet. Rick was quite a different person when he called out "little girl" to the walker. Darryl was quite different than he is now.

True ... but so far Fear the Walking Dead just "feels" different (and not in a good way).  It had some good episodes and moments in the first season ... but overall it isn't anything like the first season or two of Walking Dead.  I liked Rick, Sarah, Shane, that old man with the RV, Glenn...etc...even CAAAARL was alright for the get go.

I'm not giving hope on FTWD...just hope I can start liking the characters more. :)

I much prefer this show to TWD. I feel like this show has more tension and suspense that TWD never had.

And, so far, there aren't any annoying characters.

btw I hated, no megaloathed, CAAARL from the beginning. But then again, I wasn't a Rick or Shane fan either. I found most of the characters deplorable in some way.

3 hours ago, jjkusaf said:

True ... but so far Fear the Walking Dead just "feels" different (and not in a good way).  It had some good episodes and moments in the first season ... but overall it isn't anything like the first season or two of Walking Dead.  I liked Rick, Sarah, Shane, that old man with the RV, Glenn...etc...even CAAAARL was alright for the get go.

I'm not giving hope on FTWD...just hope I can start liking the characters more. :)

I totally hear ya and I feel the same way. i was so irritated at the girl trying to hook up and giving away their position to pirates, the dumb kid bringing the corpse on board, Madison wanting to pick up 20 strangers, and Cliff seems like such a ######. The season premier was rather boring also. Still giving it a chance, but like you I was immediately invested emotionally with the characters in TWD unlike this show.

• Like 2

oh boy...this show needs to get better.  Tonight's episode, IMO, wasn't very good ... the entire cast sans Strand need to be killed off.  Previews for next week at least looks a little better.

Couple of other little remarks.

Spoiler

At what was up with Strand making a phone call (it didn't look like a sat phone).  Surely cell towers are knocked out by now ... you know because the power grid.  Also, what was up with them "hiding" from the other boat.  So many weak spots.

I'm ok with the characters, the only real annoying one for me is Chris... he needs to go. Strand is the best.

11 hours ago, jjkusaf said:
  Hide contents

At what was up with Strand making a phone call (it didn't look like a sat phone).  Surely cell towers are knocked out by now ... you know because the power grid.  Also, what was up with them "hiding" from the other boat.  So many weak spots.

Spoiler

It looked pretty big to be a cell, I thought it was a sat phone. What was wrong with hiding from the other ship?

11 hours ago, jjkusaf said:

Hide contents

Spoiler

When he puts the phone down you can tell it has a really big antenna on it. 

6 minutes ago, firey said:
  Hide contents

When he puts the phone down you can tell it has a really big antenna on it. 

yea...after watching that scene again ... I stand corrected.

Weak episode, especially after last week. 

Already been confirmed for another season..

My wife has the same feeling as others have posted that this show "feels" different. She made a comment that her biggest issue is that they're not prepared. I told her that we're seeing this with "experience dealing with the zombie world". As viewers of TWD, we know what the world becomes so we look at the group in FTWD and think they're idiots. But they're only a few days into it.

6 hours ago, Peewee210 said:

Weak episode, especially after last week. 

Already been confirmed for another season..

Not sure if I like this show or really hate it really

5 hours ago, c.grz said:

My wife has the same feeling as others have posted that this show "feels" different. She made a comment that her biggest issue is that they're not prepared. I told her that we're seeing this with "experience dealing with the zombie world". As viewers of TWD, we know what the world becomes so we look at the group in FTWD and think they're idiots. But they're only a few days into it.

This girl is heavily medicated and still makes better choices. ; )

On 4/19/2016 at 4:18 AM, Steven P. said:

We went from having one annoying kid in the first season to yet another one in this season :/

Yeah I honestly hope that kid dies really.

4 hours ago, Innervisions33 said:

At least this week seems to finally push things in a direction where things will happen.

Yep...much more enjoyable episode yesterday ... looking forward to next week.