Wisdom Teeth Extracted

Well, I'm able to eat normal. I had a sinus infection that was caused by my CPAP Machine, which has now turned into allergies being aggravated. Great 3 weeks I've had. :p

• 3 weeks later...

This is why I refuse to have my troublesome wisdom teeth removed.

I get on average 1-2 infections a year around my bottom wisdom teeth and if left untreated it is agony. I am just getting over my most recent bout, finishing a 5 day course of antibiotics.

The dentist told me they don't like removing wisdom teeth because it can affect the nerve that runs down your cheek.

He did say that if I keep getting this problem I should have them removed, I've probably had it 6 times in my life though so I'm not sure whether it's worth the pain to have them removed.

I get on average 1-2 infections a year around my bottom wisdom teeth and if left untreated it is agony. I am just getting over my most recent bout, finishing a 5 day course of antibiotics.

The dentist told me they don't like removing wisdom teeth because it can affect the nerve that runs down your cheek.

He did say that if I keep getting this problem I should have them removed, I've probably had it 6 times in my life though so I'm not sure whether it's worth the pain to have them removed.

12 minutes ago, Phixion said:

If your wisdom tooth gets infected and it goes into your nerve, you'll have unbearable pain. Not to mention the possibility of losing a part of your jaw. You should probably have them removed. I'm slowly gaining my feeling on the tip of my tongue back. It sucks, but well worth the time to let things heal properly.

• 2 months later...

I had all four of  mine taken out. There was a little difficulty in talking for the first few days. I had my dental tooth extraction at Whitby from Discovery Dental Clinic.  Make sure that you leave the gauze on the surgical site for at least thirty minutes. You can use tea bags if your wounds are still bleeding. Rinse your mouth with salt water frequently. You can use ice bags if the swelling persists. Avoid using straws to drink water, and quit bad habits like smoking and alcohol consumption. You will feel better after following the above instructions. :) 

• 4 weeks later...

I've had all 4 wisdom teeth extracted at different times during 2008 and 2009.  (What perfect timing for me, /s - it was during college) UGH - the worst of all pain - extremely excruciating pain. On a scale of 1 to 10 for pain, I personally rated that pain as an 11!

Glad I got that over with.