Discover everything you need to know about Deus Ex: Mankind Divided in the official 101 trailer!

In Deus Ex: Mankind Divided, you become Adam Jensen, a counterterrorism agent working for an Interpol unit known as Task Force 29. On the surface, Jensen’s goal is to hunt down terrorists in a world that’s spinning out of control, where mechanically augmented humans live a life of complete and total segregation from the rest of society. But what he’s really after are the Illuminati: the men and women who are always pulling the strings.

His investigation will take you around the world, with the decisions you make and the actions you take playing a crucial role in determining the game’s outcome. Choose between combat, stealth, social, and hacking approaches to achieve your objectives. Be mindful though, as there will be a meaningful consequence to every action and choice you make.

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided is coming August 23rd, 2016 on PS4. #CantKillProgress

No PC? Shame. I've never ever played any of the Deus Ex games before but this trailer got me completely hooked. Too bad its just for PS.

14 minutes ago, warwagon said:

Is it just me or does any one else expect more from next gen graphics.

Next gen graphics on a 2.5 year old console? :)  

On a PC...this could be made to look outstanding.  Consoles are showing their age.

Edit:  Wait...this is also coming to the PC and XBox One  

http://store.steampowered.com/app/337000/

http://www.gamestop.com/xbox-one/games/deus-ex-mankind-divided/121142

7 hours ago, Andrew said:

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided is coming August 23rd, 2016 on PS4. #CantKillProgress

58 minutes ago, Gladiatorus said:

No PC? Shame. I've never ever played any of the Deus Ex games before but this trailer got me completely hooked. Too bad its just for PS.

52 minutes ago, Gladiatorus said:

What are you talking about? Mankind Divided will be on PC, Xbox One, and PlayStation 4. Here's the Wikipedia page for it.

Looks like a great game, but the trailer is a bit too long. I think that's what the "101" in the title is for. Like for those new to Deus Ex, the trailer covers things those of us who have been playing for years already know. So instead of getting a great trailer, they mixed what could have been a great trailer with some Deus Ex 101. (Unless there's a sans-101 trailer out there I missed...)

This was also why they blew out (practically literally) the previous version last year (the Director's Cut for cheap, and the Augmented Edition for diddly-squat - I went Augmented, as the DC offered nada that I had a use for).  The Director's Cut is still available at $19.99 on Steam - a shame for those looking to catch up that the Augmented Edition is not.

Biggest surprise  - even the Augmented Edition is anything BUT a system melter; I found it one of the three best-looking low-end-spec games of ANY sort to be available last year (ANNO 2205 and Titanfall are the others).  Still, with MD not due to launch until August, you still have time to grab HR (if you haven't yet).

2 hours ago, jjkusaf said:

WOOHOO!!!

1 hour ago, dragontology said:

What are you talking about? Mankind Divided will be on PC, Xbox One, and PlayStation 4. Here's the Wikipedia page for it.

I based my comment purely on the logos displayed in the trailer, just the PS and PS4 are shown.

2 hours ago, Gladiatorus said:

I based my comment purely on the logos displayed in the trailer, just the PS and PS4 are shown.

Oh, I see. I didn't watch the trailer here, I watched it on YouTube. OP messed up and grabbed the one that YouTube account @sonyplaystation posted.

Here is the original, unaltered trailer. I don't understand why people and companies take videos, slap their logos on it, and repost them.

• 4 weeks later...

And in what way is this a surprise?

Actually, the scary thing (at least to me) is that it is, in point of fact, quite plausible in reality.

"We now have the choice to free ourselves from any kind of limitations..."

Except the limitation of making cybernetic prosthetic's look like natural limbs I guess?

3 minutes ago, trag3dy said:

"We now have the choice to free ourselves from any kind of limitations..."

Except the limitation of making cybernetic prosthetic's look like natural limbs I guess?

Hey, if I am going to augment my body so I can be faster, tougher and smarter I want everyone to know about it, mate. :p

5 minutes ago, compl3x said:

Hey, if I am going to augment my body so I can be faster, tougher and smarter I want everyone to know about it, mate. :p

I'll give you that. But then there is also the whole "the entire plot of our game wouldn't work if we didn't make it obvious" part, too.

Just now, trag3dy said:

I'll give you that. But then there is also the whole "the entire plot of our game wouldn't work if we didn't make it obvious" part, too.

Heh, that's true. It would be like watching The Terminator and never seeing the cybernetics. You'd feel ripped off :D

• 2 months later...

PC System Specifications

Minimum:
OS: Windows 7.1SP1 or above (64-bit Operating System Required)
CPU: Intel Core i3-2100 or AMD equivalent
RAM: 8 GB
Graphics: AMD Radeon HD 7870 (2GB) or NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 (2GB)
HDD/SSD: 45 GB

Recommended:
CPU: Intel Core i7-3770K or AMD FX 8350 Wraith
RAM: 16 GB
Graphics: AMD Radeon RX 480 - 1920 x 1080 or NVIDIA GTX 970 - 1920 x 1080
HDD/SSD: 55GB (Including DLC)

4 minutes ago, Danielx64 said:

Will my 960GTX cope with the graphic? Also the game quite large in file size so I hope that it worth it.

It should get you medium high considering the minimum they recommend is a 660. You're two generations above that.

As for the drive space requirement it seems about right for a new game these days. 40-50gb is what I would have expected.