Is Earth Flat or Round?

Is Earth Flat or Round?  

153 members have voted

1. 1. Is Earth Flat or Round?

• Flat
    • Round
    • I Don't Know - May be Square, Rectangle or Triangle.

You all defy the Church and the teachings of Religion of God, you defy your existance!

As the Papal priests agreed once, THE EARTH is FLAT.

I'm more inclined to believe we're in a Simulated Reality.  Although I do believe in a Globe Earth, I don't think "WE" are living there right now. I believe some time during our history, we somehow came to exist in this counterfeit world. This may account for discrepancies in our history (Mandela Effect). This may indeed be a sandbox environment where physics, weather and tectonics are all simple variable calls by the system.  I do think that the simulated world is a flat plane. Going to one edge would simply bring you to the other edge, like in that arcade game Asteroids.

This has been something I pondered ever since I was 8 or 9 years old.  TV programs would always be flashing the idea of a false reality, dream world, or similar.. they STILL do it today. I slapped together a video not too long ago:  http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x303n54

We may never know.

The world is obviously a pie. Apple pie.

No, wait, pumpkin is nice. The world is pumpkin pie. Complete with delicate spices and delicious, slightly crunchy crust.

In all seriousness, some of your polls are well, . . . quite interesting, @Yoshimitsu.

For those who have voted flat if you aren't joking then you may want to do some research. There is tonnes of photos of the earth from space along with loads of other evidence of its shape. 

Although I have no evidence directly from my own tests, IF it was flat, it has to be the second biggest successful lie ever, (second only to modern day mythology).

52 minutes ago, Izlude said:

I'm more inclined to believe we're in a Simulated Reality.  Although I do believe in a Globe Earth, I don't think "WE" are living there right now. I believe some time during our history, we somehow came to exist in this counterfeit world. This may account for discrepancies in our history (Mandela Effect). This may indeed be a sandbox environment where physics, weather and tectonics are all simple variable calls by the system.  I do think that the simulated world is a flat plane. Going to one edge would simply bring you to the other edge, like in that arcade game Asteroids.

This has been something I pondered ever since I was 8 or 9 years old.  TV programs would always be flashing the idea of a false reality, dream world, or similar.. they STILL do it today. I slapped together a video not too long ago:  http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x303n54

We may never know.

First, let me say that I am NOT making the claim that we are in a simulated reality. HOWEVER, from the all the known possible reasons we exist, this theory is indeed (mathematically anyways) the most logical and likely.

On the internet, it is safest to assume someone is screwing with you before deciding they mean it. Especially this dumb.

On 4/30/2016 at 0:44 AM, xpablo said:

It's Square like a cube.  The clouds and atmosphere along with the Solar Rays make it look like an optical illusion that the Earth is round, when in actual fact it's cube. (based on the fact that I just made this up, because I'm bored!)

Proud member of "The Earth is a Cube Society" 

You are right here is the proof

index.jpg

Theoretical proofs the Earth is not flat:

Astronomic / celestial precession.

Many constellations visible in the "northern hemisphere" are not visible from the "southern hemisphere", and vice-versa. This implies significant curvature of the surface which causes the horizon to obscure said constellations.

The angle of incidence of sunlight to surface of the Earth does not progress in a linear manner as one moves farther north or south of the equator. The angle, rather, progresses most similarly to what one could measure using a point light source illuminating a spheroid.

Starting at any particular point on the surface of the Earth, accommodating changes in elevation:

- travel 100 miles in a straight line

- turn 90 degrees to the left

- If the Earth is flat, you will end exactly at the starting point; if it's other than flat, you will not.

10 minutes ago, abecedarian paradoxious said:

- If the Earth is flat, you will end exactly at the starting point; if it's other than flat, you will not.

You will end up at the same point if it is round.

3 minutes ago, Gary7 said:

You will end up at the same point if it is round.

If it's flat, Cartesian geometry says you'll end at the same point.

If it's round, Euclidian geometry says you won't.

On 4/29/2016 at 8:49 PM, Astra.Xtreme said:

You'd have to be pretty brainless to actually believe the Earth was flat.

If somebody was too dim to understand simple physics, they can easily see live proof with their own eyes:

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/iss-hdev-payload

No weirder than the lunatics who think it's only 6000 years old, really...

• Like 2

1 minute ago, FloatingFatMan said:

No weirder than the lunatics who think it's only 6000 years old, really...

If you consider hyper-expansion of the Universe, this is plausible... though unlikely.

14 minutes ago, abecedarian paradoxious said:

If it's flat, Cartesian geometry says you'll end at the same point.

If it's round, Euclidian geometry says you won't.

To use your thesis one would have to go farther than the distances you posted.

Earth is a two dimensional word usually written on a screen or paper so it's flat. The Planet itself appears to be round but some suggest it may be a holographic interpretation of a two dimensional Universe. Nothing is truly flat if it has height width and depth. Please flame now!

16 hours ago, kalkal said:

Here is an accurate map of the world. As you can see, it is clearly and obviously flat.

220px-Flat_earth.png

. . . and round. Score one for the "Pizza Theory!"

3 minutes ago, DConnell said:

. . . and round. Score one for the "Pizza Theory!"

So the Earth could be two Pizzas back to back :D

Pepperoni one side and Ham and Pinapple the other