Posting issue

Either my vision is seeing double or the forums are screwing up, because sometimes when I submit a post, it posts it twice (sometimes more if you're unlucky). I believe it usually occurs if the post takes longer than a few seconds to appear after it has been submitted.

Here's an example of it happening in the Person Above You thread. Notice how these are three separate posts with the exact same content:

I'm having an issue where when I press post on the forums, the button changes to saving and never refreshes. If I press it again, same results, it just sits there. After refreshing the actual thread/page, i'll see it posted twice. Probably the initial time I hit post, and then when I hit the button again (while it was saying saving...) Browser is Safari.

For such a critical feature as a post box for a forum, you think IPS wouldn't have done such a ###### job with it. Incredibly bad.

Noticed the same issue the other day. When the post takes a little longer to submit, it tries to submit it twice, then merges the posts, so I have to go and edit the post to remove the second copy of it.

10 minutes ago, DaveLegg said:

What browser are you using to make the posts when you experience this issue?

Chrome 50.0.2661.94

5 hours ago, DaveLegg said:

What browser are you using to make the posts when you experience this issue?

Chrome 50.0.2661.94

• 1 month later...

Apparently the bug is still around: :o

I guess it's best not to assume that bugs have been fixed until they've actually been looked into.