Please let us be able to shoot the horses with sniper rifles. Can you imagine the potential outrage for being able to do that?

Otherwise, looks good. No more lock-on weapons, no UCAVs or IRNV or MAVs or spawn beacons, YES! I said after Battlefield 4 I wasn't going to purchase another Battlefield game, but looks like I'll be changing my mind.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Boo Berry said:

Please let us be able to shoot the horses with sniper rifles. Can you imagine the potential outrage for being able to do that?

Otherwise, looks good. No more lock-on weapons, no UCAVs or IRNV or MAVs or spawn beacons, YES! I said after Battlefield 4 I wasn't going to purchase another Battlefield game, but looks like I'll be changing my mind.

Yep, all the lock on ###### was getting pretty tiresome

Battlefield Friends is going to be fun if they make another series on this game. I can imagine the Colonel taking down a zeppelin with his knife with it's bipod attachment or maybe he will unlock a bipod for his shovel.

u54bENQ.png

Cool track for the trailer. While the trailer itself looks awesome, I've grown weary of being let down by announcement trailers. What they end up providing is rarely what they advertise. But I'm always happy to be proven wrong in these circumstances.

Probably a "duh" update ... but Battlefield 1 will have micro/macro transactions per their Q4 2016 Earnings Call (starting about 49:42 into the conference call)

As it relates to Battlefield 1 and extra monetization opportunities; taking it a step back anytime we think about extra monetization inside gameplay experience we think about it in two vectors.  1) Are we able to provide value to the gamer in terms of extending and enhancing their experience and 2) are we able to do that in a world where we give them choice.  We never want to be in a place where there is a belief that we are providing a pay to win mechanic inside one of our games.  I think what you've seen from us over the last couple of years is our ability to balance our decision to delivery tremendous value through choice to our players which is why our extra content line of business has continued to grow healthy.  /snip  

In Battlefield 1 you will see both macro-monetization opportunities from us...like maps and large scale content...as well as micro-monetization opportunities...smaller increments of gameplay and then over time what you'll see from us is elements of gameplay that allow gamers to engage, drive , expand and enhance their experience much the way people do with FIFA Ultimate Team or Madden Ultimate Team today."  

This isn't verbatim ... was typing as I was listening.

I was on board with every Battlefield release. I pre-purchased the game and the season pass for Battlefield 4 and totally regretted it. I will give them another shot, but I will absolutely not be pre-ordering this time.

1 hour ago, jjkusaf said:

Probably a "duh" update ... but Battlefield 1 will have micro/macro transactions per their Q4 2016 Earnings Call (starting about 49:42 into the conference call)

As it relates to Battlefield 1 and extra monetization opportunities; taking it a step back anytime we think about extra monetization inside gameplay experience we think about it in two vectors.  1) Are we able to provide value to the gamer in terms of extending and enhancing their experience and 2) are we able to do that in a world where we give them choice.  We never want to be in a place where there is a belief that we are providing a pay to win mechanic inside one of our games.  I think what you've seen from us over the last couple of years is our ability to balance our decision to delivery tremendous value through choice to our players which is why our extra content line of business has continued to grow healthy.  /snip  

In Battlefield 1 you will see both macro-monetization opportunities from us...like maps and large scale content...as well as micro-monetization opportunities...smaller increments of gameplay and then over time what you'll see from us is elements of gameplay that allow gamers to engage, drive , expand and enhance their experience much the way people do with FIFA Ultimate Team or Madden Ultimate Team today."  

This isn't verbatim ... was typing as I was listening.

Disappointing.

On ‎5‎/‎7‎/‎2016 at 5:28 PM, offroadaaron said:

Battlefield where everyone wants and loves it but hates all the bugs that go along with it.

It will be a lot better this time I am betting :)

10 hours ago, Emn1ty said:

Disappointing.

Yeah. I was on board for pre ordering which I typically don't do anymore. Ironically the last game I ever pre ordered was Battlefield 3. But now? Nope.

I won't be buying the game until I see how it actually turns out with that bit of news. I'm not ready to scream doom and gloom yet but now I'm being cautious. 

• Like 2

On 06/05/2016 at 9:27 PM, Boo Berry said:

On 07/05/2016 at 1:17 AM, Boo Berry said:

Can't wait to troll the horse riders. :shifty:

DUDE - What have you got against Horses!?!

If anyone is interested ... this guy covers World War I in great detail (they are all good IMO) ... anyway, he breaks down the Battlefield 1 trailer in pretty great detail (including naming weapons, aircraft, uniforms, ground artillery, places of battle, etc.) and analyzes it to the true events/weaponry/etc. of WW1.  Interesting ... if you're into this kind of stuff...which I am. :)

... he gives it fairly high remarks on accurate portrayal (solely based on the trailer)...minus a few things of course.  

Because we all love to try before we buy, sign up to the Battlefield 1 open beta

44 minutes ago, Andrew said:

Where is the link to sub to the newsletters, precisely? That link just takes you to the Insider page...

You need to be an Insider to get the earlier access to the Beta....you didn't think it would be that easy did you? :p 

EA Play won't be your only opportunity to play before release, though. There will be more chances in the months that follow, including an Open Beta (which you can get into a little earlier if you sign up for Battlefield Insider. EA Access and Origin Access members will be able to play for a limited time before the release date, too. And if you pre-order the Early Enlister Deluxe Edition, you’ll be able to start playing on October 18, three days before the release date.

Source

6 minutes ago, dipsylalapo said:

You need to be an Insider to get the earlier access to the Beta....you didn't think it would be that easy did you? :p 

Source

TBH I have no idea what Insider is...But the page finally loaded correctly and I've "joined". Seems I didn't even need to, seeing as I have EA Access.

• 4 weeks later...

Given that in Battlefield 1, you will see both macro monetization opportunities from us like maps and large scale content, as well as micro monetization opportunities, smaller increments of gameplay, and then over time, what you will see from us is elements of gameplay that allow gamers to engage and drive, and extend and enhance their experience, much the way people do with FIFA Ultimate Team or Madden Ultimate Team today. We feel very confident in our ability to deliver that in a way that is deemed valuable by our player, and drives increased engagement over time with them.

http://fraghero.com/ea-just-confirmed-two-of-the-most-hated-features-for-battlefield-1/

41 minutes ago, Andrew said:

They do this for Battlefield 4 as well, and it doesn't impact my experience playing it whatsoever. 

As long as purchasing these packs etc is not a requirement, then I will be ok.