Huel? Anyone tried this alternative to food?

2 minutes ago, Skiver said:

Sure, that was just an example - just apply that to cycling. Don't try and go out and do your 75 mile round trip without working up to it. My Cycle too work is mostly downhill and I'm nowhere near what I'd call in a fit state but I average around 14MPH and 11 MPH home. You do realise at that sort of distance you're talking about 7-8 hours worth of cycling?

I'd prefer to live, thank you. I won't do that 75 miles until i can do 100 in a day. You would understand if you knew what I looked like. I have incredibly powerful legs, I've hit a top speed of 38mph and held it for 10 minutes before burning out. I got pulled over for speeding too. Haha. If I can hold 38mph for 10 minutes on a 10lbs mountain bike, think about what I could do on a road bike that weighs 3 lbs. :)

Actually, 7 - 8 hours for you, but my mom did it in 3 hours. She did the Seattle to Portland ride in 2 days. 202 mile ride. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seattle_to_Portland_Bicycle_Classic

My goal is to do STP in 1 day, for 2017's event.

On 02/06/2016 at 5:30 PM, Skiver said:

Thanks for the reply - to be honest I'm happy to say that stuff just isn't for me and always buy the flavoured stuff. I'm hoping the flavours will go OK with the vanilla but if not it's not a big deal, I like the Vanilla stuff, I was just hoping to add a bit of variety as I'm sure it can get boring very quickly.

Is it potentially worth posting as a suggestion to people to maybe drop the water to Huel ratio when using unflavoured?

Sorry I haven't got back for so long, it seems I turned off notifications by accident! It is something worth suggesting, but to be totally honest, we would rather encourage people to just experiment with Huel and try and figure out what is best for them. Any time we suggest a way to do things, people (understandably) seem to take that as a statement that how we suggest is the only correct way to do things, which certainly isn't the case!

On 02/06/2016 at 6:37 PM, BinaryData said:

Hey Gulliver! Glad to see you found the website! :) I emailed earlier today about the effects on diabetics! My mom said it looks like a excellent choice for me to use as a meal supplement for when I'm at work. She's going to speak to her co-worker. She wants to know when you'll ship to the states! Haha.

Glad to hear! If anyone wants to know when shipping is live, email me at gulliver@huel.com and I'll message you once it's ready. We're currently tweaking the formula which is why we haven't gone live with it already, but this should be done very soon.

• Like 2

Huel... Human Fuel?  Humans turned into fuel?  Hmm...  

Naw, I'll skip it.  :-p

Well, let me know. I've got my mom's co-workers hooked on 2 things now.

1. Death Wish Coffee

2. Huel is next!

I'm trying to talk my work into buying some for a trial run. They provide some pretty unhealthy stuff at work, cheap pop, and candy. They buy a basket of fruit twice a week, but it's always gone and others never get it. So, I thought hey why not Huel?

21 hours ago, BinaryData said:

Well, let me know. I've got my mom's co-workers hooked on 2 things now.

1. Death Wish Coffee

2. Huel is next!

I'm trying to talk my work into buying some for a trial run. They provide some pretty unhealthy stuff at work, cheap pop, and candy. They buy a basket of fruit twice a week, but it's always gone and others never get it. So, I thought hey why not Huel?

Death wish coffee is great! Have you tried some coffee granules in Huel? The efficiency is crazy. Coffee and breakfast in one go, and it's delicious. Throw in some ice cubes for the summer and you have an iced coffee.

• 2 weeks later...

So how is everyone getting on with their Huel - sticking with it or not?

I'm 2 or 3 weeks in now of having Huel for lunch at work and only Huel 4 our 5 days, I allow myself one day a week (usually a Wednesday) to have some normal food otherwise I think I'd struggle a lot more. I've managed to lose a bit of weight but that's in combination with me cycling too and from work and a few small runs in an evening so I'm pretty happy with this so far. It's certainly saving me a bunch of money doing this so overall I'm pretty happy for making the leap.

1 hour ago, Draconian Guppy said:

I've a sorta nasty question, how does your gut adjust to this? Do you go #2 more frequently? 

I don't think I go any more or any less, I haven't noticed any major difference at all with this. 

That could because I've only replaced lunch, breakfast and evening meals are still pretty much the same. I can imagine if you went on a complete Huel diet then things might get a bit... softer?

17 minutes ago, Skiver said:

I don't think I go any more or any less, I haven't noticed any major difference at all with this. 

That could because I've only replaced lunch, breakfast and evening meals are still pretty much the same. I can imagine if you went on a complete Huel diet then things might get a bit... softer?

haha, hard question to answer. But thanks, always wondered. I imagine the times you go would also increase, see that's a no no for me, i'm poty trained, only at home :rofl: 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Draconian Guppy said:

haha, hard question to answer. But thanks, always wondered. I imagine the times you go would also increase, see that's a no no for me, i'm poty trained, only at home :rofl: 

I guess it might depend on your current diet - if you lack a bit of Fibre for instance and start having this then it may increase your movements :p

• 2 years later...

I first tested Feed which is quite tasty and offers "real food" flavours not just desert shake flavours
With Huel I had no choice but to purchase, online, two packs minimum
I chose the 'new' vanilla flavor: the taste is primarily that of the artificial sweetener (sucralose & stevia) and less of the actual vanilla. 
I didn't like it one bit, sorry;
They don't refund any open packets which is quite disappointing since there is no other way to taste before you order; and you have to pay for the return (back to Germany, from France: 22€ !)
Not recommended at all

• Jason S. locked this topic