Is there a free app that lets you project what is on your phone on a wall?

A friend of mine says he say this in a meeting and no projector was involved. I searched the app stores and find nothing. I do see some apps that need a projector to work but not without one.

Can anyone confirm this?

Thanks

Yes I thought about that

There was a phone made a few years back that had a projector built into it. I can't remember who made it but I remember seeing ads for it.

OK, so if you take him as truthful and say no projector, but was there a TV? If so chromecast (as Louisifer said) or WiDI or similar tech is perfectly possible. to get an image to a screen without a "projector".

Just now, philcruicks said:

OK, so if you take him as truthful and say no projector, but was there a TV? If so chromecast (as Louisifer said) or WiDI or similar tech is perfectly possible. to get an image to a screen without a "projector".

ah +1 maybe he just played with words.

Hello,

Probably a networked projecter, along with a WiDi-type app to connect the smartphone.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

There are plenty of options here of what could of been happening.  If it was a tv/monitor and not an actual wall then there are plenty of ways to cast your phone/tablet screen to that.

If was a wall, then maybe it was as mentioned a network projector that he did not notice.  Since they are quite often mounted on the ceiling in the back of the room.

Or maybe it was one of the mini projectors that fit in the palm of your hand that he did not notice?

But I have never heard of a phone with a built in projector - not saying they don't exist, just never heard of one - but would be kind of cool.

Could it be rear projection and a laminated wall? This way projection works from behind and you see the image in the front. This could also mean a special wall with all the TV pixels laid on the wall.

On ‎5‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 0:59 PM, flynempire said:

A friend of mine says he say this in a meeting and no projector was involved. I searched the app stores and find nothing. I do see some apps that need a projector to work but not without one.

Can anyone confirm this?

Thanks

Maybe he found a way to illuminate the molecules inside the wall!

This guy is a genius! Please put him on the phone!

I want him to help me with my quantum homework.

• 1 month later...

I know im late replying to this but yes there was a mini projector my friend did not see that was connected to the phone and that allowed the thing to work and project on the wall. 

Sometimes we miss the little details. :)

• 3 months later...
On 5/12/2016 at 9:14 PM, Southern Patriot said:

There was a phone made a few years back that had a projector built into it. I can't remember who made it but I remember seeing ads for it.

I believe Lenovo and Movi announced a prototype with a built in projector,  I don't think these came to market but Lenovo does have a portable projector device.