Who's watching YOUR Data?

Smart Devices - Who Is Watching Your Data?

Increasing your home's or car's IQ isn't a wave of the future, but of the present. With the explosion of smart devices on the marketplace, today's consumers are more connected than ever. 

Although these devices keep getting smarter with each upgrade, should consumers be concerned about trading the convenience of futuristic gadgets for potentially higher security risks?

Where Does the Data Go?

------------------------/

While the providers are publicly touting the security of their services, theyre privately worried about protecting their customers private data. Prosch said companies should honestly disclose to customers what data is collected and how it is or isnt protected.

Some new television models, for example, allow consumers to use verbal commands to enhance operation. However, for the smart device to work, it stores every word spoken. Thus, any conversation is potentially recorded and sent to "third party researchers" where its converted to text and stored indefinitely. 

Although the voice command feature is optional and can be disable for security purposes, many consumers may not realize they're being recorded.

PNW is prophecy newswatch and this story was meant to deal with the future prophetic scriptures about the explosion of knowledge. But the article aside from this perspective is NOTHING  new from their secular counterparts in the realm of security.

8 minutes ago, chrisj1968 said:

Smart Devices - Who Is Watching Your Data?

PNW is prophecy newswatch and this story was meant to deal with the future prophetic scriptures about the explosion of knowledge. But the article aside from this perspective is NOTHING  new from their secular counterparts in the realm of security.

Prophecy New Watch ... seriously?  They need some writers.

theyre - they're

customers - customer's

isnt - isn't

Was thinking for a moment that their ' was broken ... but I see it elsewhere in the article so that can't be it.

Just now, jjkusaf said:

Prophecy New Watch ... seriously?  They need some writers.

theyre - they're

customers - customer's

isnt - isn't

Was thinking for a moment that their ' was broken ... but I see it elsewhere in the article so that can't be it.

I admit I'm not perfect. But I won't fault people. I see mistakes from many news outlets. But I can appreciate what you're saying