Microsoft has developed a mirror that can read your emotions

You CAN be smart and good-looking. That's the message from Microsoft's Magic Mirror - a so-called smart mirror that can recognize and greet users, read their emotions and display the weather, time and other information. All the while looking just like a regular mirror.

"Imagine when you wake up in the morning, you're able to use the mirror to style your hair, do your make up, and while doing that, you can also view the weather," Izzat Khair, a member of Microsoft Singapore's developer experience team explained.

The Magic Mirror has a hidden facial-recognition camera that can detect eight human emotions, including anger, happiness and surprise. Microsoft plans to expand the mirror's features, allowing it to show app-fed news as well as Facebook and Twitter feeds in a display panel.
The mirror was still at the demo stage but had real business potential, Khair said, pointing out that the advertising and marketing industries, for example, could use the technology.

more

Edited by Hum

Mirror, mirror, on the wall ....  Who's the fairest one of all .... :shifty:

Why would I need a mirror to read my emotions?  Plus...how would they factor in bitchy resting face?

Maybe should they concentrate on the UI/UX of Windows 10. :)

1 minute ago, jjkusaf said:

Why would I need a mirror to read my emotions?  Plus...how would they factor in bitchy resting face?

Maybe should they concentrate on the UI/UX of Windows 10. :)

Different development teams and all that. This sounds like an extension of what was shown at Build and it was just two guys. 

1 minute ago, adrynalyne said:

Different development teams and all that. This sounds like an extension of what was shown at Build and it was just two guys. 

yea...I know.  Was attempting to be funny. :)  Though I really do not see the point of this ... though I guess it'll be good for algorithms/developmental knowledge/etc.  Or maybe capture people's emotions when they're watching the Ghostbusters trailer. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/20/2016 at 5:34 PM, Hum said:

How do they factor in you being naKed ? :shifty:

It shuts off to protect the sensor.