Papa John's or Domino's?

Pizza preference!  

77 members have voted

1. 1. Papa John's or Domino's?

• Papa John's
    • Domino's
    • Neither (leave a reply!)

Just now, PGHammer said:

Which is there for dippage - and is standard fare (and has been); it's included with every pizza.  (In fact, it's something that few locals do except for an extra charge - Domino's and Pizza Hut don't even offer it.)

For that reason, I prefer Papa John's when I have a hunger for a thick-crust pizza (stuffed-crust or not); the garlic-butter for dippage definitely hits the spot.

Yes they do i mean domino's and pizza hut... all you do is ask for them.

They include them in the breadsticks boxes.

Not in pizza unless you want them.. if so, just ask.

If ordering online, order the dips you like and they will add them in your pizza box or on top of it.

13 minutes ago, TAZMINATOR said:

Yes they do i mean domino's and pizza hut... all you do is ask for them.

They include them in the breadsticks boxes.

Not in pizza unless you want them.. if so, just ask.

If ordering online, order the dips you like and they will add them in your pizza box or on top of it.

I first went to a Papa John's in 1998 (local to where I worked - in fact, all of a two block walk) to buy (yes; I paid) a pizza for myself and my boss (we were all that was there that time) - no way could I eat a large pizza solo - then or now.  As I said, the garlic sauce was included - didn't HAVE to ask.  That "little thing" touch hooked me.  (Sometimes, it really IS about those little things.)

The ready to cook Pizza's at my local super market make domino's look like diet soda to a skinny person plus the fact I got food poisoning from Domino's so I wont ever go back to them ever and hell's pizza's are to small for the price I can eat a jumbo on my own and well there's always Pizza Hut which is now the same as domino's  which is to say they're crap they used to be good 20 years ago now they're just turd in a box for $5 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PGHammer said:

I first went to a Papa John's in 1998 (local to where I worked - in fact, all of a two block walk) to buy (yes; I paid) a pizza for myself and my boss (we were all that was there that time) - no way could I eat a large pizza solo - then or now.  As I said, the garlic sauce was included - didn't HAVE to ask.  That "little thing" touch hooked me.  (Sometimes, it really IS about those little things.)

I know it was included but you said the dominos and pizza hut do not offer them...  which they do...  if you like the dips, then ask.     they always include them in the breadsticks box without asking for them...  unless you want them for pizza only.

1 hour ago, Tikimotel said:

Home made pizza. Do it your self, it's easy.

The last time I did that it cost me $75 just for the toppings  LOL but boy was it good :woot:

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Andrew said:

Neither, but if you must, Dominos.

Would rather buy a frozen pizza from the supermarket for a fraction of the cost.

and a fraction of the satisfaction.

A lot of people complain about Domino's prices but they're only expensive if you're an idiot and don't take advantage of their offers running 365 days a year.

I normally do their 'spend £40 get £20 off'.. thats ALOT of food for £20. (TEXASBBQ if anyone wants to know)

13 minutes ago, game_over said:

and a fraction of the satisfaction.

A lot of people complain about Domino's prices but they're only expensive if you're an idiot and don't take advantage of their offers running 365 days a year.

I normally do their 'spend £40 get £20 off'.. thats ALOT of food for £20. (TEXASBBQ if anyone wants to know)

Who says I haven't taken advantage of special offers, which is completely negated when supermarkets have their own. It doesn't change anything. I know exactly what Dominos sell and a lot of it comes from your local supermarket to begin with ;)

"Satisfaction" is subjective.

I used to work for both Domino's and Papa John's. PJ definitely is supposed to include one tub of garlic "butter" and two pepperocinis. There's even a punch-out in the boxes to hold the butter. :p

• Like 1

I don't like neither, however, if I had to choose, it would be Dominos. Their crust has more flavor.

being in Toronto, Canada, I have to say Dominoes. While there are 3 Papa John's locations (1269 College St, 255 Dundas St East, 1085 Kingston Road) in Toronto, none deliver to to where I live.

edit:: I prefer Pizzaville, Pizzaiolo and Menchella's over Dominoes.

Edited by timster

On 26/05/2016 at 0:28 AM, timster said:

being in Toronto, Canada, I have to say Dominoes. While there are 3 Papa John's locations (1269 College St, 255 Dundas St East, 1085 Kingston Road) in Toronto, none deliver to to where I live.

edit:: I prefer Pizzaville, Pizzaiolo and Menchella's over Dominoes.

You're lucky to have so many places :o 

prefer to make my own... pretty simple, i order dominoes every once in a blue moon but being a former manager kind of turned off from pizza delivery

I used to eat frozen pizza, but I stopped eating that frozen pizza after cooked, then I felt my stomach hurts so badly, so I stopped eating frozen pizza from the store. I will order pizza from any pizza places when I can.

• 1 month later...

Domino's wins simply for the fact they have the feta and spinach pizza that is amazing. That and their cheese bread is always a must. Now I will say I love the Little Caesar's Crazy Bread more than the Domino's cheese bread.

• 1 year later...

Old thread, not sure if posted, but I only like wood burning brick oven baked thin crust pizza ;)

After having pizzas with real quality dough made that way, nothing else tastes right.

I would rather eat a quality simple margarita prepared as such, then regular dominos pizza with any topping of choice.

We have a local pizza place that makes nice-ish pizzas.

Had a Domino's the other day.  The good thing is they're pretty consistent wherever, but very expensive really.

The day after our Domino's, a Papa Johns leaflet came through the door.  Prices are more or less the same when I glanced quickly.  I'll have to buy one and try it out.

I prefer supermarket stuffed crust pizzas though.  They're less expensive and just as good.

• 10 months later...