Stepson Destroys Stepfather’s Harley Davidson in fit of rage

1 hour ago, BinaryData said:

My mom said something similar to me one day when I went through the rage fest of gaming. "When I was younger, we had fist fights. Nowadays, people stab or kill people because they turned off a video game. I want the 70s back..."

Had to laugh cause it's true as hell.

No black or gay teen was stabbed, beaten with crowbars or by gangs in the 70's...

2 hours ago, DocM said:

And yes, we had delinquents but nothing at all to the degree seen today. 

With the evolution of the internet, social media, and a non-stop thirst for "news", just about anything that may interest anybody gets reported these days, especially negative, or controversial "news."

2 hours ago, BinaryData said:

My mom said something similar to me one day when I went through the rage fest of gaming. "When I was younger, we had fist fights. Nowadays, people stab or kill people because they turned off a video game. I want the 70s back..."

Had to laugh cause it's true as hell.

Sorry, but you both sound naive "as hell."

10 hours ago, DocM said:

In my day we all had responsibilities and/or jobs, some had families, and if we acted like that our dads would stick a size 12 up our ass to his knee. No joke. The last 2 gens have devolved into self-entitled jerks.

You realize that the previous generations said the same crap about your generation ?

You and your time were nothing special.

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, HawkMan said:

No black or gay teen was stabbed, beaten with crowbars or by gangs in the 70's...

At first I thought you were saying there wasnt any of that - I was like, :huh:

31 minutes ago, T3X4S said:

At first I thought you were saying there wasnt any of that - I was like, :huh:

What do you mean, of course there wasn't the 70's was a perfectly peaceful time with no gangs, violence, racism gay hate, nerd hate... no bullies beatign peopel up because they didn't fit in, no street acing deaths. None of that modern violence bread from games and violent TV... oh never mind, violent TV is ok. I mean,t non of that modern violent behaviour from seeing a boob before you're married...

;):p 

On 5/21/2016 at 4:16 PM, Jack 0Neill said:

...so... who cares? Not tech news or even remotely interesting.

While I agree with the sentiment of the story, this subsection is for real world news, not limited in anyway to tech news. 

On 5/21/2016 at 5:23 PM, virtorio said:

Destroying a Harley Davidson is performing a public service that should be rewarded.

No the new Haley s are not like they once were. When I lived in Phoenix I saw a Harley rider destroying his own  AMF Hayley right on the corner of 19Th Ave and Northern, I wish I had a camera. But the new ones are better but they cost way too much.

6 hours ago, HawkMan said:

What do you mean, of course there wasn't the 70's was a perfectly peaceful time with no gangs, violence, racism gay hate, nerd hate...

Thanks to "Dad and his size 12's" .... 

;)

37 minutes ago, Gary7 said:

No the new Haley s are not like they once were. When I lived in Phoenix I saw a Harley rider destroying his own  AMF Hayley right on the corner of 19Th Ave and Northern, I wish I had a camera. But the new ones are better but they cost way too much.

They seem to be designing out the manufacture of costly chrome pieces on newer models and going for black on black on base models

Just now, Arachno 1D said:

They seem to be designing out the manufacture of costly chrome pieces on newer models and going for black on black on base models

is it me or does the black on black seem cooler?

Well I meant that the quality of them has gotten 1000% better than when AMF owned Harley, I used to Ride a Kawasaki 550 LTD and it was a neat bike. I sold it when I moved to Detroit for work. I knew it would not be safe to ride there. One needs an armored vehicle today/s

Not denying that kids are more unstable these days, but part of it is probably that media is instantly available to the entire world.

Somebody can't p*ss in the street without somebody recording it on their phone and putting it on Youtube 3 minutes later.

And I don't think the news stations back then were as obsessed with racial issues and violence like they are now.

21 minutes ago, chrisj1968 said:

is it me or does the black on black seem cooler?

Some people does have their bikes/cars/trucks blacked out... here are some examples:

d67fcbcc61507229d136bd4fbfbec241.jpg

ed3d11bbc37478df19d6798b88b4dc6c.jpg

Custom painting could be expensive depends on the shop in the area. West Coast for example.

6 hours ago, Gary7 said:

Well I meant that the quality of them has gotten 1000% better than when AMF owned Harley, I used to Ride a Kawasaki 550 LTD and it was a neat bike. I sold it when I moved to Detroit for work. I knew it would not be safe to ride there. One needs an armored vehicle today/s

KZ-1000 and KZ-1100 here, the former with a Windjammer

This is why participation trophies were a bad idea. Poor gen Y. Didn't get what he wanted so he throws a tantrum. Stepdad shoulda beat his ass and threw him out. Probably a freeloader bum still living with mommy because too stupid and spoiled to live as an adult.