CIA 'Accidentally' Destroyed 6,700 Page Torture Report? Snowden Calls ########

7 hours ago, siah1214 said:

What oath?  Most people I know with Top Secret clearances aren't that willing to disclose that they have such clearance, makes your claim here suspect.

Um, yeah.  I had a Top Secret clearance when I was in the military and had no problem telling people.  It's not like I went screaming it in the streets to anybody who listened, but part of having such a clearance does not involve keeping the fact that you have the clearance a secret.  It's called discretion.

2 minutes ago, Darrian said:

Um, yeah.  I had a Top Secret clearance when I was in the military and had no problem telling people.  It's not like I went screaming it in the streets to anybody who listened, but part of having such a clearance does not involve keeping the fact that you have the clearance a secret.  It's called discretion.

Well some users posts you have to take with a grain of salt. I ignore the "Usual Suspects":)

7 hours ago, siah1214 said:

What oath?  Most people I know with Top Secret clearances aren't that willing to disclose that they have such clearance, makes your claim here suspect.

Wait, but they disclosed it to you?  Maybe it's your claim that is suspect.   :shifty:

I had only a secret clearance only due to carrying all radio frequencies and call signs in a book secured on my person for the entire brigade. I lose that sucker, I'd spend some time in the brig.

3 hours ago, 2xSilverKnight said:

Another thing .. You know all those leaked nude pictures from girls and other celebrities. Well a lot of them probably comes from inteligence analyst that has the kind of access Snowden had (Infrastructure analyst, system admin), who's got access to the bulk data that the NSA and GCHQ are capturing. So when they come accross these pictures and they like that one for example, they pass it along to their co workers or friends. And if they can identify the person in the picture, they will grant themselves access to their accounts and download the whole content if it exist.

Snowden has talked about this more or less already.

Celebrities are easier to track, so I wouldn't be surprised if some inteligence analyst are responsible for the Fappening.

And that is the problem ... There is absolutelly no oversight on these agencies.

The FBI (Female Body Inspectors) did it...

what boggles my mind is, the day before 9-11, why don't we know where the 2-3 trillion dollars that went missing from pentagon servers? 

31 minutes ago, chrisj1968 said:

I had only a secret clearance only due to carrying all radio frequencies and call signs in a book secured on my person for the entire brigade. I lose that sucker, I'd spend some time in the brig.

Mine was due to the material/data that I had access to.

I don't know much about Snowden, but I can't understand how anyone can call him a hero, simply on the basis that he fled to Russia where he was granted asylum.

16 minutes ago, SIE said:

I don't know much about Snowden, but I can't understand how anyone can call him a hero, simply on the basis that he fled to Russia where he was granted asylum.

He didn't flee to Russia. The US revoked his papers whilst he was en route to Latin America from HK.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, chrisj1968 said:

what boggles my mind is, the day before 9-11, why don't we know where the 2-3 trillion dollars that went missing from pentagon servers? 

Oh yes .. Not a lot of people seem to look into this. And then you have all the insider trading days before 9-11 as well. And some (if not many) people were warned not to come in that morning.

You also have all the gold stolen from the vault at ground zero

21 minutes ago, SIE said:

SImply on the basis ? What are you talking about ? Nobody says that, like you said, you don't know much.

If you want to know a bit more,  you might wanna take a look at CitizenFour

And please, watch it in it's entirety before moving on.

16 minutes ago, FunkyMike said:

He didn't flee to Russia. The US revoked his papers whilst he was en route to Latin America from HK.

So was he shanghaied?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, siah1214 said:

Apparently half this website has a top secret clearance

Don't you?   And if not, are you feeling left out?      :(

Funny, I had a secret clearance too for 4 years. It's actually very common now with IT when you deal with sensitive information.

Top secret is much less common if you're not dealing with government agencies.

All this talk about top secret clearance is rather moot.   The are many levels of clearance and with compartmentalization within the many different agencies, access to a wide range of information/data is very limited.

Now if you will excuse me, I'll be returning to secretly monitoring Neowin for any suspicious activity.

My top secret clearance and assignment was provided by the very clandestine National Experts Organization Watching International Networks.    :cool:

1 hour ago, 2xSilverKnight said:

Funny, I had a secret clearance too for 4 years. It's actually very common now with IT when you deal with sensitive information.

Top secret is much less common if you're not dealing with government agencies.

Medical folks or contractors who work with the feds, on bases or are responsible for radioisotopes often need security clearances. Many different levels.

IIRC, about 3 million people have clearances at any given time.

Edited by DocM

21 hours ago, chrisj1968 said:

after having worked in the government, we were always taught to report (whistleblowing) when institutions of government are doing wrong. Snowden did that. But the bigger issue is, our allies have figured out as a result that the CIA was spying on them without their knowledge. 

Some just don't want to believe that their beloved government could or would do such heinous acts.

Being that you were military ... you should also know that Snowden did not follow the Whistleblower Protection Act...thus he is in no way a "Whistleblower".  Copying and leaking classified material is not being a "Whistleblower".  You should understand that ... being former military.

2 hours ago, chrisj1968 said:

What does this have to do with Snowden?  Was it accounted for in the data that Snowden stole?  You are aware that there is a "It's a Conspiracy!" subsection right?

• Like 2

Yeah, I have trouble believing the CIA doesn't have a solution for data backup and retrieval, particularly sensitive documents.

Snowden....people still listening to him?  I have no doubt that there is more to this story than the CIA is telling us...but I think it is just as silly for people to hang on to everything Snowden says.

35 minutes ago, jjkusaf said:

Being that you were military ... you should also know that Snowden did not follow the Whistleblower Protection Act...thus he is in no way a "Whistleblower".  Copying and leaking classified material is not being a "Whistleblower".  You should understand that ... being former military.

What does this have to do with Snowden?  Was it accounted for in the data that Snowden stole?  You are aware that there is a "It's a Conspiracy!" subsection right?

it has to do with the fact the money went missing, under mysterious pretenses and 9-11 gave my government absolute impunity to spy on Americans and our allies. Problem, Reaction, Solution.

3 hours ago, 2xSilverKnight said:

Oh yes .. Not a lot of people seem to look into this. And then you have all the insider trading days before 9-11 as well. And some (if not many) people were warned not to come in that morning.

You also have all the gold stolen from the vault at ground zero

I heard about the GOLD. a German firm who was paid handsomely by the DOD to recover data from terribly harmed hard-drives found some 100 million be removed from some of the financial companies inside the world trade center just about the time the planes hit.