Every time I play a video from my machine...

...as in, a video file from my own hard drives, I notice in Windows 10 that my backup drive kicks in and starts doing things - like every time.  Can anyone explain?

Is this new to Windows 10, or did you experience this in an older OS. Perhaps, have you seen this not happen in the past on Windows 10?

On 5/24/2016 at 0:00 PM, Nazmus Shakib Khandaker said:

Is this new to Windows 10, or did you experience this in an older OS. Perhaps, have you seen this not happen in the past on Windows 10?

No I did not experience this with older OS, and the machine this is doing it on was fresh installed with Win 10.

On 5/24/2016 at 0:15 PM, Timelimit said:

Which media player are you using?

I'm wondering if it's doing a crawl for content on your other drives when the app is open? ;/

Windows Media Player.

If your backup is external, disconnect it, fire up a movie and see if anything changes.
If its internal, unplug it

Maybe nothing will happen, maybe you will get an error and you will see what program is accessing and why

On 5/29/2016 at 5:42 AM, T3X4S said:

If your backup is external, disconnect it, fire up a movie and see if anything changes.
If its internal, unplug it

Maybe nothing will happen, maybe you will get an error and you will see what program is accessing and why

Ok, will do.

Sorry i can't provide you solution for your query because i didn't use windows 10 at all, so why can't you use windows 7 it is the ever green os.