Windows Can't Install Update... for Intel Graphics Controller, which i dont even have?

Using Windows 10 x64, latest main branch (or whatever you call it) I just got a notification that windows couldn't install an update.

Went to see what the update was and it was:

O6M.png

Problem is, I don't even have a intel graphics anything, my mother board doesn't even have a built in graphics controller, which is the reason this wont install

Is there a way to block this update from even showing?

Is windows update screwing up or? anyone else having this issue?

9 minutes ago, Eric said:

It's part of the 4th gen i series Intel processors.

okay thanks.

i manually installed it and it installed just fine.

thanks again

What Intel *chipset* or LGA formfactor does your motherboard use?  If your motherboard includes or supports ANY Intel Core i-series processor (of any generation) you DO have an Intel Graphics Processor (whether enabled or not) in the motherboard's BIOS or UEFI settings, because Intel moved GPU functionality from the chipset alone to the processor die in tandem with the chipset; this started with LGA1366 and continues to the present day.  (While this is traditionally used at the low end (portables and AIOs alike); there is absolutely no reason that desktops can't use it - especially since those same iGPUs have noticeable improvements compared to graphics performance in LGA775 - let alone anything earlier.)  Check your BIOS/UEFI settings again - maybe something got changed there?)

It's common going back to Nehalem (i-series first-generation), and has improved steadily since - Sandy Bridge (second-generation), Ivy Bridge (improved second-generation), Haswell (third-generation technically) and now Skylake (current-generation).  Sandy Bridge and Ivy Bridge have LGAs in common, and their chipsets (Z68 and Z77 for Sandy Bridge and Ivy Bridge, respectively) are generally cross-compatible.  Also starting with Sandy Bridge (and continuing to the present) there are more driver-leverageable features for the iGPU to take advantage of - even when it isn't the default; one of the more leverageable features is, in fact, mainly for desktops - Intel QuickSync.

My hardware is getting old.

cpu is i7 4770K

and mobo is Asus  Z87-Pro

I was just worried about forcing drivers to install for something i didn't think i had. usually weirdness happens when thats the case. seems like its not here though.