Copy and Paste stops working

I've searched all around but I haven't found anything that matches or fixes what I am experiencing. This is a fresh install of Windows 10. After using the system for a while, copy and paste stops working. I cannot copy files in Explorer and copying text in web browsers locks up the system. Has anyone experienced this? Are there any possible solutions?

Thanks!

I've gone through that post. This has been really frustrating since I've used Windows 10 on other systems and the system I'm running it on now is newly build with everything else working perfectly.

Since it's a new system and you haven't seen this issue on others, I would suggest you look at a memory issue. Copy and paste uses your memory to store data for transfer or duplication. It could be your sticks are not in the right slots, too much memory for the system, a stick or sticks not fully seated, a bad stick etc.. Try using only one stick of memory in the proper slot and then try any others as singles as well in that slot to see if you can isolate a bad stick of memory. Chances are since the system is new your memory should be under warranty. Be sure to turn off your power supply at the back between memory swaps.

1 hour ago, Appzalien said:

Since it's a new system and you haven't seen this issue on others, I would suggest you look at a memory issue. Copy and paste uses your memory to store data for transfer or duplication. It could be your sticks are not in the right slots, too much memory for the system, a stick or sticks not fully seated, a bad stick etc.. Try using only one stick of memory in the proper slot and then try any others as singles as well in that slot to see if you can isolate a bad stick of memory. Chances are since the system is new your memory should be under warranty. Be sure to turn off your power supply at the back between memory swaps.

It isn't the memory. I have 32GB of DDR4. I don't see how I would have too much memory. Memtest86 passed my memory with flying colors and I have done multiple clean installs. It's a freak occurrence and I can't pinpoint any piece of software that I install that is causing this. Unfortunately, due to military duties, I need to leave my system for a month starting tonight before I can investigate this any further.

Thanks all for the replies.

Have you installed/uninstalled any other software at all? Even if it may seem totally unrelated.