Has the Upload Image Max been changed to 4 mb Per post?

I was uploading gifs in The Pictures thread and the image I was uploading which would have been the 3rd was less than 2 mb but I got this error

error.PNG

I'm confused - if the image is hosted on Imgur why upload to Neowin? That limit (AFAIK) is only applied when uploading to Neowins servers to host. If you just post the link to the image it should just display without even thinking about the upload limit.

2 minutes ago, Skiver said:

I'm confused - if the image is hosted on Imgur why upload to Neowin? That limit (AFAIK) is only applied when uploading to Neowins servers to host. If you just post the link to the image it should just display without even thinking about the upload limit.

I do not post image links, I use the upload feature, as every else does. I will do what JhBrown suggested.

Just now, Gary7 said:

I do not post image links, I use the upload feature. I will do what JhBrown suggested.

Upload feature isn't needed if you post a link.:)

2 minutes ago, JHBrown said:

Upload feature isn't needed if you post a link.:)

I use Photobucket in the past for links every else uploads images. Oh and I have tried that with imgur and it did not work.

2 minutes ago, Gary7 said:

I do not post image links, I use the upload feature, as every else does. I will do what JhBrown suggested.

Then as per the subscription;

Raises the upload limit for attachments to 4mb (per post).

It would make much more sense (especially given the images are already on Imgur) that you just post the links;

Bu1UEDd.png

I did not post this to debate. I have had one problem so far. If Neowin does not want images uploaded, Then why is that feature available? I will use any and all features that are permitted.

2 minutes ago, TAZMINATOR said:

FYI, Posting image links in the post and the images will show up automatically.

You mean just like Youtube videos? If so I will try.

Just now, Gary7 said:

I did not post this to debate. I have had one problem so far. If Neowin does not want images uploaded, Then why is that feature available? I will use any and all features that are permitted.

Dude why is 4mb even an issue? Resize them instead of making it hell on people with slow connections. 

1 minute ago, Gary7 said:

I'm not sure if this is aimed at me but if it is, I'm not debating it, I'm trying to understand your issue as it was slightly confusing. As mentioned above, the post limit for subscribers is 4MB and to my knowledge this has always been the case.

I'm just offering you an alternative solution that would work around that if you have multiple images.

1 minute ago, adrynalyne said:

Dude why is 4mb even an issue? Resize them instead of making it hell on people with slow connections. 

When resizing a large GIF, say 25MB's, the resized GIF looks terrible, and is the size of a thumbnail. I post 25-30MB GIFs hosted on Imgur all the time, and no one has complained.

Just now, JHBrown said:

When resizing a large GIF, say 25MB's, the resized GIF looks terrible, and is the size of a thumbnail. I post 25-30MB GIFs hosted on Imgur all the time, and no one has complained.

Perhaps people with slow connections aren't visiting the thread...

I was out of town this last weekend and got 3G, when lucky. Could you imagine how that would have worked out for me?

So I am to copy and paste it to say notepad and then edit it to a gif and then post it. No that you. I will just refresh the page. I do not do that many gifs anyway