[WP Help] Drop Down Menus in Posts

Question

Hey Guys and Gals!

I've been looking at this for a few days now, and everything I've looked it has to do with adding actual drop down menus for Navigation.

Here's what I want;

I want to be able to click on a button, and a bunch of links drop down, inside a wordpress post. If you need a reference, look at the "More" Tab on Neowin. I essentially want to do that, but within a WordPress post. I'm not too familiar with WordPress, so forgive me. I had one article awhile back that showed me how to add it, and call it with a function, but I can't seem to find that post anywhere, and I didn't bookmark it (stupid me :().

Any help would be amazing, I don't even know where to begin, WordPress is so bizarre to me.

9 answers to this question

Are you looking at having it add a dropdown menu to the main navigation for a specific post type or be able to just add a dropdown inline to the post itself? You mentioned something like what neowin has here which makes me think you want to add something to the header navigation.

10 hours ago, Mur said:

Are you looking at having it add a dropdown menu to the main navigation for a specific post type or be able to just add a dropdown inline to the post itself? You mentioned something like what neowin has here which makes me think you want to add something to the header navigation.

Not to the navigation, but to posts themselves.

<ul>Some fancy title here</ul>

<li>Link 1</li>

<li>Link 2</li>

<li>Link 3</li>

I was referencing Neowin because I couldn't think of anything that wouldn't get me a warning, haha. Now that I think about it, the hidden content feature is more of what I'm looking for..

Spoiler

Links would be here. Reveal hidden content would be where the title goes.

22 minutes ago, Nik L said:

You want initially hidden drop-down menu's within your post, triggered by hovering or clicking a specific inline link?

18 minutes ago, Nik L said:

This is essentially what I want, just more 2D flat. Much like the Spoiler tag for hiding content. I just don't know how to generate that. I've never worked with jQuery before, though I'm wish I had now.

On 6/6/2016 at 5:58 AM, BinaryData said:

Oh, now you're alive! Lol! Thanks Seahorsepip. Time to install it on the test server.

Went into zombie mode.