Benchmark your browsers online

36 minutes ago, jjkusaf said:

What you stated did not come off as your "opinion" ... it came off as factual like you had some inside knowledge...which is why I inquired.  If it was your opinion it should have been preceded by ... in my opinion "Some of the results may be influenced by the speed of your internet connection."

It is the speed of the browser on YOUR equipment.  You can load up Firefox, IE, Chrome, etc...and run the test(s) to see which scores higher on your equipment.  My Chrome scores will be different on my notebook vs my desktop ... because well the desktop is more powerful.

Anyway ... still have no idea why you think the speed of your internet has influence ... which is why I was asking for a source.

Edit.  Also just did a test.  Once the page loads ... you can disconnect your internet ... hit the "Start Test" button ... and it'll go through and do all the test without an internet connection.  So no...internet connection doesn't matter.

So as not to confuse anyone what I am about to say is my opinion and only my opinion. This test is in fact a test to see how a particular Browser performs on your equipment. That being said, one cannot use these results to say that Chrome is faster than Firefox and so forth. In order to conclude that, the test would have to be run on the same machine. Yes you can remove the net after you load the test as it would be testing what is in your browsers cache.

33 minutes ago, Gary7 said:

So as not to confuse anyone what I am about to say is my opinion and only my opinion. This test is in fact a test to see how a particular Browser performs on your equipment. That being said, one cannot use these results to say that Chrome is faster than Firefox and so forth. In order to conclude that, the test would have to be run on the same machine. Yes you can remove the net after you load the test as it would be testing what is in your browsers cache.

What does that have to do with you claiming connection speed was a factor?

Edge: 208.36

Chrome 64-bit on Windows 10 Build 14352:

Edge: 131.96

14 hours ago, devHead said:

Chrome 64-bit on Windows 10 Build 14352:

Edge: 131.96

That's a strange result considering Edge has beaten Chrome on everybody else's system.

8 minutes ago, SIE said:

That's a strange result considering Edge has beaten Chrome on everybody else's system.

I know; I just ran it again, and here's what I got:

On 04/06/2016 at 4:43 PM, Gary7 said:

Some of the results may be influenced by the speed of your internet connection.

No

That aside, i got 210 on Windows 10 machine on Chrome (latest), with 10 extensions, 6 pinned tabs, 7 open tabs, 3 separate windows and 10 running extensions.

4 hours ago, MikeChipshop said:

No

That aside, i got 210 on Windows 10 machine on Chrome (latest), with 10 extensions, 6 pinned tabs, 7 open tabs, 3 separate windows and 10 running extensions.

Thanks but I was already told that.