Xbox One Update: June 2016

Here are some of the features that are expected to start to rollout to Xbox One Preview this week, and the Xbox app (beta) in the coming weeks:

Cortana on Xbox One: Cortana is coming to Preview in the U.S., U.K., France, Italy, Germany and Spain first, and gamers can expect the familiar Cortana experience found on other Windows 10 devices. Cortana voice commands on Xbox One will work with both headsets and Kinect. You’ll be able to use Cortana to find great new games, see what your friends are up to, start a party, accomplish common tasks, turn on your Xbox One if you’re using Kinect, and more. We’ll continue to build Cortana features over time and our vision is to use Cortana to help elevate your experience as your personal digital assistant for gaming. Just say “Hey Cortana” or launch the app to get started!

New Game Collection: We’re updating the Game Collection interface to make it faster and easier to find and launch the games you’re looking for. Now you’ll be able to see more of your Game Collection, quickly access your own ‘Ready to Install’ tab, and get more information about titles in your queue.

Facebook Friend Finder on Xbox One: Facebook Friend Finder is expanding from the Xbox app to Xbox One and is a great way to find and add your Facebook friends on Xbox. As more gamers link their Facebook and Xbox Live accounts, you’ll start seeing more suggestions for Facebook friends to add and game with on Xbox Live.

Continues...

-----

Xbox One Update: April 2016

• DrunknMunky pinned this topic

Soo looking forward to Cortana through Headset. That's going to make a massive difference.

It seems she's got very good at picking up casual language now as well, I just hope she can pick out parts of gamertags / real names for party invites etc.., I generally only ever use actual names or parts of tags to call people by.

And can she speak gamer, the amount of people with numbers rather than letters, hopefully she'll know what we mean if we say the letter the number means.

Got the message from XBL this morning so i'm fully signed up and playing the waiting game.

3 minutes ago, philcruicks said:

Soo looking forward to Cortana through Headset. That's going to make a massive difference.

It seems she's got very good at picking up casual language now as well, I just hope she can pick out parts of gamertags / real names for party invites etc.., I generally only ever use actual names or parts of tags to call people by.

And if she can speak gamer, the ammount of people with numbers rather than letters, hopefully she'll know what we mean if we say the letter the number means.

Absolutely. The hard and fast rule when voice commanding the XBox at the moment, as accurately as it does understand me, is a pain to remember. More natural language is going to be a boon.

7 minutes ago, Andrew said:

Unable to browse the store in this build :sleep2:

The store is down in general, not build specific.   It's also down for Windows 10, looks like something might have went wrong as they've been merging the two more and more.

the anni-update for xbox one is NOT ready for prime time at all..

Cortana is either none responsive or way off in what your requesting her to do.

it use to be "xbox go to store" and the xbox would just go right to the store. 

say "hey cortana go to store" and cortana will either ignore you, or do a bing search for nearby stores.

I say "hey cortana, play Call of Duty Advanced Warefare"

She binged the game first

She couldnt understand second

and went to Smite 3rd...

The store is another thing that's annoys the crap out of me.

All the pictures load in..  But prices remain missing for about  15-20seconds and then load in.

Every little part of a game, app, video description is click-able like on PC.  

I feels like the store is very confused on it's input its looking for.  

browsing the store feels like its waiting for touch, mouse, or controller at the same time... and the controller is probably the worst of the 3 at this point.

good thing this is in preview.  I give Microsoft all the feedback as well

On ‎6‎/‎16‎/‎2016 at 10:00 PM, Showan said:

the anni-update for xbox one is NOT ready for prime time at all..

well it is now apparently, I just downloaded it finally and it's amazing o.o

48 minutes ago, HawkMan said:

They forgot the biggest and most important change, language is no longer tied to location. again after like 7 years...

Language Independence
Based on overwhelming fan feedback, we’ve enabled Language Independence to give you even more choices over your Xbox experience and how you engage with your Xbox One. Language Independence gives you the freedom to choose any supported language on Xbox One, regardless of your location.

Just now, HawkMan said:

but it wasn't in the xbox"continues" link

I know, was just showing you it was coming.

I haven't really liked the X1s interface since it launched, so much wasted space.  They finally overhauled it.  :)

I hear Cortana is way better in this update compared to the first one that went out.

7 hours ago, George P said:

I hear Cortana is way better in this update compared to the first one that went out.

i sure hope so... 

Because as of yesterday, she was the worst assistant on the Xbox.

On 6/24/2016 at 11:53 AM, LostCat said:

I know, was just showing you it was coming.

I knew it was coming, I was just pointing they where omitting to list a rather big important change. especially since this also means we can use cortana/voice commands without changing regions so we don't have to region swap to buy stuff. as well

Now then. what's the status of background music. it's also not mentioned in the notes, is it in yet ? if so I may need to ditch the apple music sub and go back to groove since no one else has made a UWP yet. 

23 hours ago, HawkMan said:

I knew it was coming, I was just pointing they where omitting to list a rather big important change. especially since this also means we can use cortana/voice commands without changing regions so we don't have to region swap to buy stuff. as well

Now then. what's the status of background music. it's also not mentioned in the notes, is it in yet ? if so I may need to ditch the apple music sub and go back to groove since no one else has made a UWP yet. 

Coming in AU.

1 hour ago, Andrew said:

Coming in AU.

I know. but the current test update under the new test version setting is the AU preview/test. 

Not in the test update yet though as far as I can see. 

• DrunknMunky unpinned this topic
  • DrunknMunky pinned this topic
  • 2 weeks later...

We should start up a new AU update thread, but since we haven't yet I'll just leave this here.

CntSUKjWcAEV-UD.jpg:large

every time I get a new xbox update I check to ee if the background music is enabled in groove music, but.. apparently not.. 

54 minutes ago, HawkMan said:

every time I get a new xbox update I check to ee if the background music is enabled in groove music, but.. apparently not.. 

I believe it's more a case of apps supporting it/using it and not something the core OS/dash has to turn on.   Some Groove app update will hit and enable it I bet. 

1 hour ago, George P said:

I believe it's more a case of apps supporting it/using it and not something the core OS/dash has to turn on.   Some Groove app update will hit and enable it I bet. 

Yes, the OS supports it. someone on reddit even made a music app you can install by sideloading in developer mode that works with it(probably what they're showing in the screenshot) 

but Groove(the only actual streaming music service on UWP/Xbox now)  hasn't been updated to support background playing yet. 

Another OS update went out it seems, i'll have to look up the version for this one, I expect to see more and more UWP apps hitting Xbox soon, either on the day this goes live or over the next few weeks.

Seems like it was a delta for 14393.  The UWP apps are going up but they're not quite functional at the moment it seems.  Heh.  I find it amusing to see apps you can't use yet, whats the point :laugh:

This is looking like it'll be a great update as expected.

19 minutes ago, LostCat said:

Seems like it was a delta for 14393.  The UWP apps are going up but they're not quite functional at the moment it seems.  Heh.  I find it amusing to see apps you can't use yet, whats the point :laugh:

This is looking like it'll be a great update as expected.

It's good to get them up there so devs can see what needs tweaking and so on.  The weather app for example, it works but it's UI is off, needs some small fixes.

I hope they upgrade the groove app as well soon, both for adding the background play, and fixing so it can actually play music from "my collection" without "can't play" error on 99.9% of the music...  ore well, practically all of it.  meanwhile the android and pc versions seems to work fine.