E3 2016 Gamers' Hangout Discussion

I've never checked in on E3 or the other events. I just take the information as it comes, so for me it doesn't matter if that information is through a leak or through the event itself.

8 hours ago, Jose_49 said:

Seriously, wth with these leaks? After seeing EA's presentation I felt they gave up. It was uninspiring, as if they were presenting a PPT at college. All the delight they wanted to save for us was killed by the uncontrolled amount of leaks! 

This sucks. There is no reason to watch E3 if there are no special surprises coming up.  Where is the delight?! Even if I try to refrain myself from spoilers all the news site, including Gamespot have the leaked version of the new Microsoft console. 

/rant. 

100% Agree with you. EA was boring, and Bethesda was a snore fest, the only real thing we didn't know about was the Quake announcement. I don't expect any big announcements from the M$ camp now, as the past 2 weeks are leaks and leaks. 

Ah, I don't actually own any of the dlc for Skyrim. I was much to burnt out on the game by the time any of them came out to bother with any of them. So I guess that means I don't get it for free, which seems like a rather arbitrary requirement to me.

I'm not sure why I'm concerned anyways I have no interest in playing Skyrim again any time soon. :wacko:

Glad I skipped Bethesda's presser. All previously announced or leaked info anyway. OP updated with what was shown, to best of my knowledge :p

Looking forward to Quake Champions.

My $0.02 on yesterday's press conferences (EA and Bethesda).

EA - Disappointed they didn't even say a word about NHL17.  The cool news I learned elsewhere before the conference was they are adding ECHL and World Cup of Hockey teams.  I personally couldn't care less about FIFA or Madden but I totally understand I'm in the minority there.  This is my $0.02 though ;-)

Super excited about Mass Effect Andromeda but I still have no idea when it's coming out as no release date was announced.  I take that to mean it probably won't be out before Christmas but hopefully I'm wrong.

Not much of a FPS person, definitely not online FPS, but Titanfall 2 looks great graphically.  Also while I'm unlikely to pick it up (except maybe in the bargain bin long after release) the trailer of the story mode looks good and makes me think Respawn can maybe make a solid single player game?  As such I'm now interested to see what they do with their upcoming Star Wars game.

I really like the looks of Fe.  I'm going to keep an eye on that and see how it turns out.

Bethesda - I'm most excited about the remaster of Skyrim, despite them only spending like a minute on it.  I currently have the PC version and I'm glad I'll get the upgrade for free (not that that matters since existing mods probably make it look better anyway) but I'm totally going to pick this up for PS4 as well.

None of the Fallout 4 DLC announced really knocked my socks off (vault-tech DLC looked the most interesting to me) but I already feel I got my money's worth for the season pass (got it before the price hike) so that's no big deal.

I couldn't care less about Quake and I think the graphics looked strange personally (again, just my $0.02.)

I'm not sure about Prey, I kind of liked the sci-fi bounty hunter/U.S. Marshall thing they had going on in the old Prey 2 trailer more than this one.  This one seems more like a reboot "spiritual successor?" of System Shock with you alone on a space station and Warren Spector is supposed to be working on a real System Shock 3 so it just doesn't seem to be needed.  That said Chris Avellone is working on Prey and I tend to like his work so I'm going to try to keep an open mind.

The game they spent the most time on was Dishonored 2 and it looks great.  I'll likely pick that up and it's cool they are apparently giving away the Definitive Edition of the first one with pre-orders for a limited time though I checked Amazon this morning and it didn't say anything about that.  I already have the first one on Steam and I think it was a free PS+ game for PS3 but that means if I grab the PS4 Dishonored 2 I'll get a PS4 copy of the first as well.

I probably missed a lot in what's above but that's what stuck out with me (and remained in my memory after a night of sleep.)

So is Rockstar going to announce something new? I've been hearing all this hype of Red Dead 2 for this year's E3. But I don't think they have a press conference. 

33 minutes ago, Razorwing said:

So is Rockstar going to announce something new? I've been hearing all this hype of Red Dead 2 for this year's E3. But I don't think they have a press conference. 

R* have boycott E3 for almost a decade or more now. If it is shown, it'll be at Sony's press conference.

2 minutes ago, Andrew said:

R* have boycott E3 for almost a decade or more now. If it is shown, it'll be at Sony's press conference.

Ohhh ok.. that makes sense. lol I have no idea why I didn't know that. 

I don't think there was any rockstar game shown yet, Sony didn't have one, it was mostly sequels and VR titles for them.

3 hours ago, George P said:

I don't think there was any rockstar game shown yet, Sony didn't have one, it was mostly sequels and VR titles for them.

Horizon

Detroit

The Last Guardian

Death Stranding

Spiderman

Days Gone 

The one thing they did do good was show their 1st party/AAA devs are largely not working on sequels.

God of War is almost like a reboot as well, quite a change in pace/storytelling.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Audioboxer said:

Horizon

Detroit

The Last Guardian

Death Stranding

Spiderman

Days Gone 

The one thing they did do good was show their 1st party/AAA devs are largely not working on sequels.

God of War is almost like a reboot as well, quite a change in pace/storytelling.

Horizon was from last E3,  the last guardian has been in the works for 7 years or so,  spiderman?  well, ok?   I'm personally not interested in yet another spiderman game but who knows?   I'll give you Death Stranding as the big new reveal,  as far as Days Gone though, I mean really guys, do we need yet another zombie game? 

17 minutes ago, George P said:

Horizon was from last E3,  the last guardian has been in the works for 7 years or so,  spiderman?  well, ok?   I'm personally not interested in yet another spiderman game but who knows?   I'll give you Death Stranding as the big new reveal,  as far as Days Gone though, I mean really guys, do we need yet another zombie game? 

New IP is content that isn't out yet and isn't a sequel. Doesn't matter how you try to spin it, they aren't sequels. I forgot games are made and released within the one year gaps between E3 :p The devs working on the new IP need to actually be able to release the title before they can go on to announce yet another game (or sequel if they choose that).

Better tell that to MS with Scalebound/Sea of Thieves (announced last year) and also State of Decay/Dead Rising (Zombies) if that's how you really feel ;)

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Audioboxer said:

New IP is content that isn't out yet and isn't a sequel. Doesn't matter how you try to spin it, they aren't sequels. I forgot games are made and released within the one year gaps between E3 :p The devs working on the new IP need to actually be able to release the title before they can go on to announce yet another game (or sequel if they choose that).

Better tell that to MS with Scalebound/Sea of Thieves (announced last year) and also State of Decay/Dead Rising (Zombies) if that's how you really feel ;)

This!

48 minutes ago, Audioboxer said:

And here I thought by "new IP" it meant something actually new and not a IP we've gotten before in another form, silly me.     I didn't know we counted yet another spiderman game as new IP,   or that god of war being some sort of reboot means it's new IP as well.    I guess as long as the game doesn't have a number after it's title it's a new IP, got it!

As far as how I feel, I haven't bought or played any of the zombie games that have come out these past few years, last one was technically RE6, if you can count that.  So I've spoken with my wallet actually.  

1 minute ago, George P said:

And here I thought by "new IP" it meant something actually new and not a IP we've gotten before in another form, silly me.     I didn't know we counted yet another spiderman game as new IP,   or that god of war being some sort of reboot means it's new IP as well.    I guess as long as the game doesn't have a number after it's title it's a new IP, got it!

As far as how I feel, I haven't bought or played any of the zombie games that have come out these past few years, last one was technically RE6, if you can count that.  So I've spoken with my wallet actually.  

GoW isn't new IP, hence why I didn't include it in the list. I gave it a nod at the end because it's doing something a bit different than what it usually does.

So nah, not really what I said :p

Spiderman isn't a new world/game idea, but it's the first on PS4, first made by Insomniac, and at the very least isn't a tie into the movie (it's based on their own interpretation).

Glad you've voted with your wallet, just thought you'd give MS a double whammy in here for two zombie games :p If you're not buying either though that is sticking to your word!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Audioboxer said:

GoW isn't new IP, hence why I didn't include it in the list. I gave it a nod at the end because it's doing something a bit different than what it usually does.

So nah, not really what I said :p

Spiderman isn't a new world/game idea, but it's the first on PS4, first made by Insomniac, and at the very least isn't a tie into the movie (it's based on their own interpretation).

Glad you've voted with your wallet, just thought you'd give MS a double whammy in here for two zombie games :p If you're not buying either though that is sticking to your word!

I've never played any of the Dead Rising games, ditto for state of decay.   The only zombie games I've touched are the RE series, that's been enough for me.  I'll take a look at RE7 but if it's the same like 6 I might skip it, if they take it back to more of the RE2 or hell, RE4 style then I'll probably get it.

3 minutes ago, George P said:

I've never played any of the Dead Rising games, ditto for state of decay.   The only zombie games I've touched are the RE series, that's been enough for me.  I'll take a look at RE7 but if it's the same like 6 I might skip it, if they take it back to more of the RE2 or hell, RE4 style then I'll probably get it.

Just about to play the demo so I'll let you know.

Quite honestly looks like Capcom trying to jump on the PT bandwagon. I mean I'm delighted it's not RE5/6, as those were terrible, but going back to RE1~3 would have been best. Still I can't deny, a horror VR experience is probably the number one thing keeping me excited about getting a VR headset.

Obviously can't play the demo in VR, but I'll be able to see how first person handles.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Andrew said:

They must be making announcements through press releases. 2K said they would have a big pressence this year...

Although they have announced nothing thus far. I wish they would just announce Red Dead 2.