Lexus Owners Experiencing Blackout of Nav Systems (and other controls)

Has anyone here seen that on their Lexus?  Seems to be affecting '14-'16 models.

This might be the cause.

...and this is what is happening.

It also appears to be affecting other controls ... like the sound system and the AC (was in another video which I can not post due to language)...but you can find it on the Lexus twitter account.

56 minutes ago, jjkusaf said:

Has anyone here seen that on their Lexus?  Seems to be affecting '14-'16 models.

This might be the cause.

...and this is what is happening.

It also appears to be affecting other controls ... like the sound system and the AC (was in another video which I can not post due to language)...but you can find it on the Lexus twitter account.

I recently had my backup camera replaced. When it failed (sporadic), it broke other systems. My infotainment system would malfunction, and the interior lighting would not turn on and my automatic headlights would turn on in the middle of the day. A bad line of code of malfunction can trickle down to all of the connected systems. Kinda surprised an aGPS push would have done that though. 

6 hours ago, Eternal Tempest said:

This have anything to do with the vague military test out "west" / GPS may not be functional for 6 days?

http://gizmodo.com/faa-warns-of-gps-outages-this-month-during-mysterious-t-1780866590

Naaa....it appears it was an OTA software update with buggy code which is causing this.  Some owners are saying that unhooking the battery for a few minutes temporarily fixes it (it comes back later).

http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-36478641

The buggy code - which was delivered via a wireless transmission - is causing affected vehicles' infotainments systems to stop working.

This prevents drivers from getting navigation directions, climate controls and digital radio.

The Toyota division has acknowledged the problem saying it was "working round the clock to find a solution".

The firm added "many" vehicles had been affected. It is not yet clear whether Lexus vehicles in any other countries have been sent the code.

/snip

From the BBC

The GPS thing that you linked to, which is odd, appears to be limited to a certain area and with certain days.

"On June 7, 9, 21, 23, 28, and 30th the GPS interference testing will be taking place between 9:30am and 3:30pm Pacific time. But if you’re on the ground, you probably won’t notice interference."

From the source you linked

This is why I don't want much integrated tech in the cars I drive... *sigh*

My Ford has a Sync2 stereo unit, it offers a LOT of integration with things such as SatNav, climate, reversing camera, etc.  And that's where it should stop - I would never want control of my vehicle to be updated OTA.