Warren Buffett thinks every entrepreneur needs to do this

If you're an aspiring entrepreneur or small business owner, Warren Buffett wants you to do something tomorrow morning.

"Tomorrow morning, when you look in the mirror after you've gotten up, just write —put it in lipstick or whatever you want on the mirror — just put '

delight my customer,'" Buffett said at Goldman Sachs' 10,000 Small Businesses panel event at LaGuardia Community College on Tuesday afternoon.

The phrase is not "satisfy my customer," Buffett clarified.

"Any business that has delighted customers has a salesforce out there," the chairman and CEO of Berkshire Hathaway said when asked to give his best piece of advice to small business owners. Alongside Buffett at the panel discussion sat Warren Buffett, Lloyd Blankfein and Jack Dorsey.

"You don't have to pay them, you don't see them but they're talking to people all the time," Buffett added

Buffett shared a personal anecdote about buying a car approximately one year ago.

"I don't remember how much I paid, but I remember the experience I had," he said, adding that most customers think the same way.

Capture.JPG

Now I don't want to turn this into a Windows 10 thread, but thinking about this quote and thinking about the automatic Windows 10 upgrade,Microsoft is doing  to people. I think they should really go back strive to delight their customers". Because the people I talk to about Windows 10 they are NOT out there talking nice about Microsoft and acting as a free sales force, it's actually the complete opposite.

Personally I try really hard to do that in my business. There is one lady in town who blew peoples mind when they heard her praise me (No really,  3 people have told me this) because she never says anything nice about anyone.

He also mentioned Amazon .. at least in the video I watched were he said all this, were to this day Jeff Bezos is still trying to delight his customers. I love Amazon, they will bend over backwards to me when it comes to returns, and I always go back.

Just now, Bryan R. said:

Microsoft is not an entrepreneur...

Doesn't matter, every business should strive to delight their customers.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, warwagon said:

Capture.JPG

Now I don't want to turn this into a Windows 10 thread, but thinking about this quote and thinking about the automatic Windows 10 upgrade,Microsoft is doing  to people. I think they should really go back strive to delight their customers". Because the people I talk to about Windows 10 they are NOT out there talking nice about Microsoft and acting as a free sales force, it's actually the complete opposite.

Personally I try really hard to do that in my business. There is one lady in town who blew peoples mind when they heard her praise me (No really,  3 people have told me this) because she never says anything nice about anyone.

He also mentioned Amazon .. at least in the video I watched were he said all this, were to this day Jeff Bezos is still trying to delight his customers. I love Amazon, they will bend over backwards to me when it comes to returns, and I always go back.

Warwagon, I have immense respect for you and I think this applies not only to Microsoft but people in general. We have lost that long lost ability at personal and professional compassion. But wonderful post buddy.

57 minutes ago, warwagon said:

Doesn't matter, every business should strive to delight their customers.

It's not like Microsoft isn't... You can't please every demographic and still make change. I see the point of "delight your customers" and of course agree but don't think for a second that social media hasn't given everyone a pedestal. Companies large and small are having to weight exactly how much social media comments and tag lines are worth.