14366 "Class Not Registered"

EVerything has been working fine until I updated to 14366 last night. Now, whenever I try to open Edge or the Windows Store, I get an error "Class Not Registered". Also, the start menu won't open. Anyone else?

Nobody? I wonder why this is only happening to me since the update yesterday...

Assuming you've already done SFC /scannow and DISM?

How about....

regsvr32 ExplorerFrame.dll

?

Unfortunately doesn't seem to be a lot of information regarding this UWP apps ... when they get borked (regardless if it is Insider Preview or normal builds).  Other than resetting...which is absolute bull.

3 minutes ago, patseguin said:

Nobody? I wonder why this is only happening to me since the update yesterday...

I used 14361 and it borqed my system. one morning I boot my system and it just hung. no more windows 10. I suggest people reinstall with 10586. its stable and good for production machines. no more test builds.

The Desktop App Converter Preview (Project Centennial) will fail to run on the Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14366. If you are a developer utilizing the converter tool to convert your desktop app to UWP, we suggest skipping Build 14366 or switching to the Slow ring until we can fix this issue.

If you click on a file download link outside of Microsoft Edge, sometimes Edge will open a tab and close it without doing anything. The workaround is to go to the Download pane and start the download there by clicking “Save” or “Save As”.

Narrator does not launch when you toggle switch to “on” via Settings app > Ease of access > Narrator.

Above are the known issues,

Still can't access the start menu, store, edge, or any modern apps. Someone told me to try and do a reset, but that's impossible since I can't open the start menu and can't launch any modern apps. Help!

29 minutes ago, patseguin said:

Still can't access the start menu, store, edge, or any modern apps. Someone told me to try and do a reset, but that's impossible since I can't open the start menu and can't launch any modern apps. Help!

Task manager

Run

control.exe /name Microsoft.WindowsUpdate    (or you can also try Microsoft.Recovery) 

or 

Task manager

Run

ms-settings:windowsupdate   (there isn't a separate one for resetting afaik)

Did you try my first couple of suggestions?  No-go?

39 minutes ago, jjkusaf said:

Task manager

Run

control.exe /name Microsoft.WindowsUpdate    (or you can also try Microsoft.Recovery) 

or 

Task manager

Run

ms-settings:windowsupdate   (there isn't a separate one for resetting afaik)

Did you try my first couple of suggestions?  No-go?

I tried sfc scannow and it ran for a while and then told me it found some corrupt files that it couldn't fix. I ended up resetting to the previous insider build. I'm thinking about bumping down to the slow ring...

On 6/15/2016 at 5:17 PM, patseguin said:

I tried sfc scannow and it ran for a while and then told me it found some corrupt files that it couldn't fix. I ended up resetting to the previous insider build. I'm thinking about bumping down to the slow ring...

If that happens, you can always try to fix the image health via dism and then run sfc. it will correct those files.

On ‎15‎/‎06‎/‎2016 at 7:36 PM, chrisj1968 said:

I used 14361 and it borqed my system. one morning I boot my system and it just hung. no more windows 10. I suggest people reinstall with 10586. its stable and good for production machines. no more test builds.

Not all system issues are down to the OS. If this was a problem with that particular build, wouldn't everybody have the same issue?

Your making suggestions based on your bad experience, and yet, you have no idea what the issue actually was.

On 6/21/2016 at 2:36 PM, SIE said:

Not all system issues are down to the OS. If this was a problem with that particular build, wouldn't everybody have the same issue?

Your making suggestions based on your bad experience, and yet, you have no idea what the issue actually was.

99% of his "issues" are because of the modifications he does to Windows 10 to fit his "needs." I have said it time and time again, he should be on the RTM build, not beta builds, because he continues to complain about random bugs and other issues many do not have. He says no more test builds, but two days later is on the newest fast ring build claiming how stable it is.

On 6/15/2016 at 11:36 AM, chrisj1968 said:

yep.. this... or you could update over the stable build an insider iso (if available) of your choice.. i "downgraded" from Fast to Release Ring as Fast was TOO FAST TO BREAK THE SYSTEM UP (pun intended)