why Kojima partnered with Sony

Gameblog: Why did you choose Sony as a partner for the first project of your new studio, Kojima Productions?

Hideo Kojima: I'll admit I received numerous offers. But for our first title, I wanted to ensure that we would be under the best conditions. I've maintained for a while now a wonderful relationship with Sony, with absolute trust between us, which allows me to focus on the creative aspects. Working with another partner would definitely have required more time on the non-game development tasks. It would have taken time for contract negotiations, and I don't think things would have happened as quickly as they have to date. Working with Sony also afforded me a lot of freedom, and their support has been exceptional.

For example, if this had been with a "normal" company, right now, I'd be preparing a pitch for my game, we'd be looking for financing, explaining what we wanted to do. Like with a Kickstarter.

With Sony, of course I have to explain my plan to them, but they immediately told me "go for it, do you what you have to do." They offered me their trust. All the energy that would have gone into the project pitch, I could focus it on the creation of the project itself. That makes a real difference.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1234781

http://www.gameblog.fr/news/59881-hideo-kojima-nous-explique-pourquoi-il-a-choisi-playstation

Eh... 

For example, if this had been with a "normal" company, right now, I'd be preparing a pitch for my game, we'd be looking for financing, explaining what we wanted to do. Like with a Kickstarter.

Seem unlikely. I mean he doesn't have many options, it's sony or MS of the hardware owning pubslihers(I don't see nintendo as a good match really) and MS would have thrown money at him and told him to do whatever as well.

for the non hardware owning publishers, you'd have EA which would be more than willing to take him on doing whatever, like Respawn. Ubi loves anythign that comes with hype so as long as his first game sells they'd let him to whatever he was as well. 

So while this may be the story he wants on record, I think there's more to it than that. 

He probably liked Sony tech as well - http://www.gamesradar.com/what-did-hideo-kojima-get-out-his-sony-tech-tour/

I mean ND/Santa Monica/Quantic Dream/Guerrilla make some of the most impressive console tech engines in the industry. ND are probably the best out of everyone. 

Here is the short sweet version:

Sony gave me a ton of $$$ and 5+ yrs to make my game.  But the PS5 should be arriving or already have arrived in that time frame.

So there is a chance that I may delay the release to yr 6 or 7 to ensure that my game works with PS4, PS-Neo, and PS5

Yes I'm being silly...