Nintendo eShop question

I just bought two Nintendo eShop cards and added the funds from them onto my New Nintendo 3DS XL. But there's one thing i need to know before i download any games.

I'll be getting a new MicroSD card tommorow. If i download games onto this current SD card, there is the ability to redownload the purchased eShop content, but if i switch out the MicroSD card after i download the games, Will i still be able to redownload them on the MicroSD card free of charge or is there something i should know?

1 minute ago, Eric said:

I'm pretty sure the purchases are linked to your Nintendo Network ID and you can redownload them whenever you want.

Alright, Thanks.

I can confirm what Eric said. They are linked to your Nintendo Network ID. When my brother bought a 'new 3DS XL' I inherited his older 3DS XL and we were able to download games linked to our IDs.

before installing the new sd card you could use a pc to copy them over too ( and make a backup)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Eric said:

I'm pretty sure the purchases are linked to your Nintendo Network ID and you can redownload them whenever you want.

There would be hell-to-pay if it was a 'buy once, download once' system.

As people have already stated above, you can easily download them again when you get your new microSD card. However, there is no need to. You can plugin your old SD card into a computer and you will see two folders in there. One is called "DCIM", and that contains photos you took with the 3DS Camera app as well as screenshots of games you might have taken. The second folder is called "Nintendo 3DS", this folder contains everything you have downloaded and installed on your system through the eShop. You can simply copy both folders (or just the "Nintendo 3DS" folder if you do not want your photos) onto your new microSD card, this way you do not have to download them again.