Colorado mother rescues son from mountain lion's mouth

AKA cougar, puma, panther, or catamount. 75-100+ kg of often ill tempered puddy tat found throughout the Americas except for northern Canada and Alaska. East of the Rockies the population is lower, but increasing. One was shot in the city of Chicago a few years ago.

gi-0504003.jpg

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-36569411

Colorado mother rescues son from mountain lion's mouth

A woman in Colorado has saved her five-year-old son by prying open a mountain lion's mouth after the animal attacked the boy in their front yard, officials say.

The mother heard screams and raced outside the house near Aspen, where she found the animal on top of her son, the Pitkin County Sheriff's Office said.

The boy suffered face, head and neck injuries and was said to be in fair condition at a hospital in Denver.

Officials said two lions were killed.
The unidentified woman said she grabbed one of the animal's paws and stuck her right hand in its mouth to pry it open and free her son's head, Pitkin County Sheriff's Deputy Michael Buglione said.

The mother had bite marks on her hand and scratches on her leg after the lion, believed to be two years old, ran off, he added.
>

Edited by DocM

"Go clean your room"

"Ugh, I don't wanna"

"Remember that time I saved you from a Mountain Lion?"

"... I'll just go clean my room, then. Sorry mum."

59 minutes ago, compl3x said:

"Go clean your room"

"Ugh, I don't wanna"

"Remember that time I saved you from a Mountain Lion?"

"... I'll just go clean my room, then. Sorry mum."

Lol. A weighty argument