Posting Issues Duplicate Posts

This might be of help, been having issues posting as well (after posting will edit with images so I can get full post error messages).

Screen Shot 2016-06-20 at 10.35.54 AM.png

Those errors look to be coming from one of the ad providers' javascript files - but I'll check to see if they're somehow causing problems for the javascript that handles posting.

Just for help in tracking this down, what browsers are you guys using?

1 minute ago, DaveLegg said:

Interesting, those posts came in a minute apart. You definitely didn't press Submit Reply twice?

It happened to me before....  I clicked once and it said "Saving" on the button.  It didn't go through but when I scrolled up to look at the minispy, my post is there.  I clicked it then another post went in by itself for second time.

1 minute ago, TAZMINATOR said:

It happened to me before....  I clicked once and it said "Saving" on the button.  It didn't go through but when I scrolled up to look at the minispy, my post is there.  I clicked it then another post went in by itself for second time.

This is exactly what happened in the 2016 Random Text thread. I ended up editing the second post. :s

How frequently do you notice it happening? Is it once or twice a day? Does it happen at specific times of day? This is one of those ones that's really hard to track down, especially as I've never had it happen to me to be able to debug it at the time.

@DaveLegg

I forgot to add; my browser is FF 49 on iMac.

1 minute ago, DaveLegg said:

How frequently do you notice it happening? Is it once or twice a day? Does it happen at specific times of day? This is one of those ones that's really hard to track down, especially as I've never had it happen to me to be able to debug it at the time.

Not sure...  it happens once awhile..  It happened to me about 2 or 3 days ago...  Boo Berry's just had one in the Text thread a few minutes ago.   

Maybe once every few weeks .   i was not paying attention or keep the dates down between the issue times.  

If you see it again, could you post a link to the two posts in this thread, then I can look up the times they were made and see if there's anything in the logs around that time that could suggest what's happening. I'll start by looking into the two in this thread over the weekend, and see if that gets me anywhere

• 3 weeks later...

I've been having text/quotation duplication issues with every post I make for months now. I've signed out/back in everywhere as someone suggested and I still have problems.

I've been having text/quotation duplication issues with every post I make for months now. I've signed out/back in everywhere as someone suggested and I still have problems.