British man tried to take officer's gun to kill Donald Trump at rally, police say

56 minutes ago, wakjak said:

And? I still see no relevance to your post. Because there was none. 

There's probably a dozen or more members here that can't see the point in his posts...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gary7 said:

The silver spoon impliess  wealth, if you cannot see the relevance  , that is on you.

i'm aware of what silver spoon means.. I did post it for that reason.

i'm failing to understand how him growing up in Queens somehow qualifies him to shoot an armed suspect thats going to attempt to shoot him first.

do you read posts before you hit reply?

• Like 1

Just now, wakjak said:

i'm aware of what silver spoon means.. I did post it for that reason.

i'm failing to understand how him growing up in Queens somehow qualifies him to shoot an armed suspect thats going to attempt to shoot him first.

do you read posts before you hit reply?

Yes it is called self defense.

1 hour ago, Raze said:

And this is where Trump grew up, somewhat "prissified" (whatever that bit of an off the rails thing is).

7Edys8z.jpg

Prissified = upper class snobs, as in Manhattan Central Park West etc.

I know auto workers who live in nicer houses than that, and in communities all over the Detroit suburbs.

That house may have a high price tag, but that's more reflective of NYC (or LA's) hyperinflated real estate market where apartments go for $30+m than a wealth measurement.

In much of MI you can get something like this for about $250k

michigan.jpg

1 hour ago, kalel83 said:

<snip>

I was talking about you. 

1 hour ago, DocM said:

I know auto workers who live in nicer houses than that, and in communities all over the Detroit suburbs.

That house may have a high price tag, but that's more reflective of NYC (or LA's) hyperinflated real estate market where apartments go for $30+m than a wealth measurement.

michigan.jpg

That's because nobody wants to live there. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, kalel83 said:

<snip>

I'm not insulting you. I am just witnessing a particularly low point of our society where someone who doesn't like another feels they should be assassinated. The last I checked, Trump did not attempt genocide. 

Plenty of idiots out there, there should be no wish for them to die. Idiocy is not punishable by death in the US and by vigilantes at that. 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, DocM said:

michigan.jpg

Yeah okay.  lol

Sure, I bet you do.  You seem to know just about everyone and everything.  :rolleyes:

And there wasn't any mention about the price tag, but in regards to your reference to Trump and the tough streets of Queens and it just isn't true. :no: 

Edited by Raze
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, adrynalyne said:

That's because nobody wants to live there. 

There are still problems, but I guess that's why so many companies are moving into the region, especially the Detroit area. Billions of development rebuilding the city, big budget film production, tech companies moving in everywhere. Yeah, nothing going on here :rolleyes:

2 minutes ago, DocM said:

There are still problems, but I guess that's why so many companies are moving into the region, especially the Detroit area. Billions of development rebuilding the city, big budget film production, tech companies moving in everywhere. Yeah, nothing going on here :rolleyes:

It's really easy to make a place sound enticing when you only mention the good. 

• Like 2

Just now, adrynalyne said:

It's really easy to make a place sound enticing when you only mention the good. 

Contrary to his previous remarks in other threads about the horrors of Detroit and the need to be armed all the time.

• Like 2

Just now, Raze said:

Contrary to his previous remarks in other threads about the horrors of Detroit and the need to be armed all the time.

That's exactly what I was alluding to, LOL. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Raze said:

I said there were still problems, crime being one, but only the blind or blithering ignorant could miss the turnaround going on in this area. It's a process, not an event.

Edited by DocM

This thread is presently under review.

Please remain on topic.

Thanks

Just now, Gary7 said:

Cities can rebuild, Detroit is not in a 3rd world nation.

Really, Gary?   Thanks for the valuable input. (Y) 

Have you ever considered changing your name to something like, hmm, lets see, how about Captain Obvious?   ;) 

:p 

1 minute ago, DocM said:

I said there were still problems, crime being one, but only the blind or blitheringly ignorant could miss the turnaround going on in this area. It's a process, not an event.

That's fine and all, but what does Detroit have to do with this thread?   

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Raze said:

That's fine and all, but what does Detroit have to do with this thread?   

Dunno.

I made the point that the "silver spoon" house Trump grew up in wasn't so special, showing a middle class Detroit area home as an example, then some bozos made it personal and about Detroit.

8iEb9yj4T.jpg

9 minutes ago, DocM said:

Dunno.

I made the point that the "silver spoon" house Trump grew up in wasn't so special, showing a middle class Detroit area home as an example, then some bozos made it personal and about Detroit.

The only one that brought up Detroit was you, so the bozos must be.......

Perfect, please feel free to use your mirror, on yourself.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, DocM said:

Dunno.

8iEb9yj4T.jpg

Are you unable to communicate without calling people names?

35 minutes ago, Gary7 said:

Cities can rebuild, Detroit is not in a 3rd world nation.

And when that happens, values will go up and not be as reasonable. 

18 minutes ago, adrynalyne said:

Are you unable to communicate without calling people names?

And when that happens, values will go up and not be as reasonable. 

Since you quoted me  and this thread is not about Detroit I will answer this once. I lived in The Detroit area for 2 years. The inner city of Detroit is a mess, but it can be salvaged with the right leadership. The mayor of Detroit was corrupt. There are some nice areas such as Greek Town.  Many of the houses in the inner city were torn down or burned. I just meant that it has potential to be a decent city again. Values cannot go up that much as there hardly is any at the moment.