Bioshock Collection - Launching 16/09

CmMpcOZUkAA0fdI.jpg:large

Bioshock Collection launching 16/09/16. It'll include all three games, all DLC and commentary.

Will add further details as they come out, but also explains why it wasn't added to Backwards Compatibility. Loved these games, will see how much they cost before deciding to re-purchase or not.

Yaaaas!

By the way think you meant to put this in the GH :p

Introducing BioShock: The Collection! Relive the depths of Rapture and sail through Columbia in this remastered edition including all three ‪‎BioShock‬ games, complete with all single-player DLC and a never-before-seen video series with commentary from Ken Levine. Coming September 13, 2016 to PS4, Xbox One, and PC.'

BioShock

The video series, “Director’s Commentary: Imagining BioShock,” featuring Ken Levine, creative director on BioShock and BioShock Infinite and Shawn Robertson, animation lead on BioShock and animation director on BioShock Infinite.
Museum of Orphaned Concepts: Walk through a Rapture-inspired virtual museum that gives you a behind-the-scenes look at discarded concepts that never made it into the original game.
Challenge Rooms: Outside the story of BioShock, tackle puzzles, splicers and Big Daddies. And achievements, of course.

BioShock 2 (**Multiplayer will not be included)

Minerva’s Den: A self-contained BioShock story, presenting a side of Rapture you've never seen before. Use expanded combat abilities with the experimental Ion Laser and chaotic Gravity Well Plasmid, unique to Minerva's Den, as you face off against the Lancer Big Daddy.
Protector Trials: Take control of an Alpha Series Big Daddy woken out of hibernation just before the events of BioShock 2.

BioShock Infinite

Burial at Sea - Episode 1 & 2 Add-On Packs: This major two-part DLC pack completes the BioShock trilogy by taking the series back to where it all began. Return to Rapture just before the events of the original BioShock!
Clash in the Clouds Add-On Pack: Face 60 waves of challenges across four additional maps for leaderboard glory and unlock areas to explore in The Columbian Archaeological Society hub museum.
Columbia's Finest Pack: Combines the contents of the Industrial Revolution Pack and the Upgrade Pack and includes 500 Silver Eagles, five Lock Picks, six unique Gear items, and two weapon upgrades: Comstock’s China Broom Shotgun and Comstock’s Eagle Eye Sniper Rifle. 

*BioShock Infinite is not being remastered on PC because it already meets current-gen console standards and runs smoothly on high visual settings.

1080p/60fps on consoles

Free PC upgrades for Bioshock 1,2 and Minerva's Den

• Like 1

this series is amazing. The artistic style and all the propaganda in the game is just so good. if i could just wander through the world, i wouldnt even need to play the game.

i finished Infinite last year. it was awesome, but way too long. i think i sunk 16+ hrs in that game.

• Like 1

Can a Mod please move the topic please!

Force of habit AB. Thanks for the additional info!

4 minutes ago, Jason S. said:

this series is amazing. The artistic style and all the propaganda in the game is just so good. if i could just wander through the world, i wouldnt even need to play the game.

i finished Infinite last year. it was awesome, but way too long. i think i sunk 16+ hrs in that game.

Is that with the two DLC episodes or just the main game?   I don't think it's too long at all, not for something that's this narrative driven.

It's a shame we're not going to get a 4th bioshock, the way it's done now it's pretty much done, BI episode 2 brought everything full circle and closed it off.

7 minutes ago, George P said:

Is that with the two DLC episodes or just the main game?   I don't think it's too long at all, not for something that's this narrative driven.

It's a shame we're not going to get a 4th bioshock, the way it's done now it's pretty much done, BI episode 2 brought everything full circle and closed it off.

Not the same but we have We Happy Few to look forward to.

Thread Moved

9 minutes ago, George P said:

oh idk. i dont think i had the DLC. what were they? what's episode 2?

3 hours ago, Jason S. said:

Thread Moved

oh idk. i dont think i had the DLC. what were they? what's episode 2?

Bioshock infinite Burial at Sea episode 1 and 2.  

3 hours ago, dipsylalapo said:

Not the same but we have We Happy Few to look forward to.

I'm interested in that game for sure but from what I heard about it last, it's actually more open world than the Bioshock games are. 

59 minutes ago, Jason S. said:

nope, i guess i didnt play those.

You should, they're a little short but the story you get is worth it IMO.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, cmcgregor said:

YAY Another remaster. So much better than a new Bioshock. Keep em coming, soon i'll have all my 360 games repurchased on my xbox one.

I'm tired of all the remasters myself, it's easy cashing in from developers,  it's fine as a option for those who haven't played them yet but they're doing it more and more and are remasting games that came out not that long ago.

13 minutes ago, George P said:

I'm tired of all the remasters myself, it's easy cashing in from developers,  it's fine as a option for those who haven't played them yet but they're doing it more and more and are remasting games that came out not that long ago.

Except if you own BS 1 and 2 on the PC the remaster is free. Same thing with Skyrim.

I'd say that's a pretty good deal. Get the people who have never played the game in, give people (on PC anyway, not sure about consoles) who have free versions.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, George P said:

I don't mind remasters if they are cheap for people who already own the games. It's nice to bring some of the earlier games into engines that aren't so limited. was it Bioshock 2 that was a terrible console port that had issues with modern graphics cards and you had to set it manually?

Sweet ... may have to revisit Rapture on September 13th (Bioshock).

May have to buy Bioshock 2 on Steam.  I have it with "Games for Windows Live" ... hmmm ... wonder if it'll receive the update.  Decisions decisions.

Edit:

Sweet.  Just saw  that I can use Bioshock 2's CD Key in Steam and move Bioshock 2 over there out of "Games for Windows Live". :)

I played Bioshock Infinite, I never completed it though. Ran out of spare time, rebuilt the computer and didnt realize it was not a cloud save so I lost all progress. I think I will revisit it this weekend because I had tons of fun. I will probably pick up the rest of them and see how they compared.

55 minutes ago, George P said:

You should, they're a little short but the story you get is worth it IMO.

I will check them out, looks like I am for sure buying this when it comes out. I had no idea there were DLCs available for Infinite!

BioShock 2 (**Multiplayer will not be included)

Part of me is sad about this. I put a lot of hours on my PS3 with that side. The controls in that was done well, and learning the maps and placing traps was fun. The Big Daddy capture the little sister stuff was the best.

5 hours ago, Gromvar said:

Part of me is sad about this. I put a lot of hours on my PS3 with that side. The controls in that was done well, and learning the maps and placing traps was fun. The Big Daddy capture the little sister stuff was the best.

Are you really surprised though?  If they decided to offer the MP as well then they'd have to support it to, servers and so on, it's in their interest to just update the textures, bump the res, and release the games for a quick profit.

14 hours ago, -Razorfold said:

Except if you own BS 1 and 2 on the PC the remaster is free. Same thing with Skyrim.

I'd say that's a pretty good deal. Get the people who have never played the game in, give people (on PC anyway, not sure about consoles) who have free versions.

Especially when you can pick them up dirt cheap in the Steam Summer Sale.

7 hours ago, Andrew said:

Especially when you can pick them up dirt cheap in the Steam Summer Sale.

Yup you can get all 3 games for $15 right now. Which is a steal considering how many hours you get out of it.

• 2 weeks later...

I have #1 and Infinite on PC... Sitting on a key for #2. If it's free if you own 1 & 2, I guess I'll redeem the key for #2. Got it in a bundle (1 & 2 for $10 on Amazon), just never felt the urge to play it. Got bored with 1 and 2 looked like more of the same. Infinite was different ,but I stopped playing... These games are beautiful and I love the settings, but they make me a little nauseated to play and the gameplay is repetitive. The special powers do change it up, but how long did we hear about the lightning one in Infinite before we actually got it? A few hours at least. And then even with the fall and landing on the beach (again, Infinite — the one I played the most recently), it seemed like they were trying to shake things up, but they really didn't.

Never has there been a series I wanted to like more than I actually did, let's put it that way.

• 1 month later...

BioShock: The Collection PC Upgrades

9 September - Grimm

It’s been nine years since Irrational Games and 2K took you on a terrifying journey to the depths of the underwater city of Rapture with BioShock. Five years since you returned to Rapture in BioShock 2. Three years since you grabbed a skyhook and sailed across the floating city of Columbia in BioShock Infinite. All three titles will be available together, remastered for current-gen, in BioShock: The Collection[blog.2k.com].

PC players have a special opportunity to upgrade some of the BioShock titles to the remastered versions. If you already own BioShock, BioShock 2, and/or Minerva’s Den on Steam, you will be able to upgrade to the remastered version of the respective title(s) for FREE after release.

BioShock: The Collection, and the free upgrades, launch globally on September 15, 2016 on Steam at 3pm PT (12am UTC/ 8am AEST September 16).

What gets upgraded on PC?

BioShock ➜ BioShock remastered including the unlockable video series, Director’s Commentary: Imagining BioShock

BioShock 2 ➜ BioShock 2 remastered

BioShock 2: Minerva’s Den ➜ BioShock 2: Minerva’s Den remastered

I own BioShock on PC. How do I get the remastered version?

BIOSHOCK ON STEAM: If you already own BioShock, BioShock 2, or Minerva’s Den on Steam, the remastered version for the corresponding title will automatically show up in your Steam library as a separate game. You can expect to see the remastered titles begin rolling out in Steam libraries starting at 3pm PT on September 15, 2016 (find out what time that is in your timezone[www.thetimezoneconverter.com]). Once it shows up, you can choose to install the original version or the remastered version.

BIOSHOCK NOT ON STEAM: If you have a physical copy of BioShock or BioShock 2 on PC, or a Games for Windows Live digital copy, it may take some additional steps to get the remastered version.

The original BioShock is 9 years old. NINE. That is ancient in computer years. This also means most physical copies didn’t come with a CD key. To get BioShock remastered on Steam, you must provide your Steam profile information AND proof of purchase of the original PC game to 2K Support[support.2k.com]. Find out what else you need to submit a ticket here[support.2k.com].

For BioShock 2, find the Games for Windows Live key that was with your digital or physical copy. Activate this key through Steam. Information and step-by-step instructions can be found at this link[support.2k.com].

Once you have BioShock or BioShock 2 on Steam, you are all set for the upgrade starting at 3pm PT on 9/15/16. Want to know if your PC can handle the new remasters? Below are the minimum and recommended system specs for the remastered versions included in BioShock: The Collection.

Minimum Specs:

OS: Windows 7 Service Pack 1 64-bit. Platform Update for Windows 7 SP1 and Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1

Processor: Intel E6750 Core 2 Duo 2.66 GHz / AMD Athlon X2 2.7 GHZ

Memory: 4 GB

Hard Drive: BioShock 25GB; BioShock 2 25GB; BioShock Infinite 20GB; Total for all three games 70GB

Video Card: DirectX11 Compatible, AMD Radeon HD 7770 / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560

Sound Card: DirectX Compatible Sound Device

Other Requirements: Software installations required including DirectX and Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 & 2012 Redistributable Package.

Recommended Specs:

OS: Windows 7 Service Pack 1 64-bit. Platform Update for Windows 7 SP1 and Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1

Processor: 3GHz Quad-Core

Memory: 8 GB

Hard Drive: BioShock 25GB; BioShock 2 25GB; BioShock Infinite 30GB; Total for all three games 80GB

Video Card: 2GB ATI Radeon HD 7970, 2GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770 or better

Sound Card: DirectX Compatible Sound Device

Some system components such as mobile chipsets, integrated, and AGP graphics cards may be incompatible. Unlisted specifications may not be supported by publisher.

Relive these award-winning adventures in BioShock: The Collection on PC September 15, 2016.

http://steamcommunity.com/games/7670/announcements/detail/590358275265994185

Just started playing the re-master on PC this evening.  I got it for free from Steam since I already owned the original games.  This game runs amazingly well on the meager hardware in my 17 inch laptop.  Running at 900p (native resolution of the screen) the bare minimum framerate I've seen is like 35, and more often than not it hangs out between 45 and 60.  The original runs between 80 and 110 fps at 1080p (HDMI connection to a TV) on this same machine.  I plan on hooking it up to my 40 inch screen tomorrow for really enjoying the games, :-)  There's not very many graphical options besides resolution, FOV and VSync though, probably because they figure if you can't play the re-master, you can still play the original.  I'm running 8 GB of RAM and an AMD A10 8700P APU and I'm having no issues whatsoever.  There's not a huge difference between the remaster and original that I have seen so far, but smoke and particles definitely look more natural, as does lighting, lots of things have seen texture upgrades (some things have completely re-done textures to fit in with the style of the game better), some HUD elements look sharper, dialog text is in a new font, and there's more "stuff" in the world like barnacles, seaweed, starfish, etc.