Windows 10 rs1 killed/removed Intel SST?

Before installing the WIndows Insider Preview (RS1) on one of my PCs I had Intel Smart Sound Technology (Intel SST) driver instead of the normal High Definition Driver, which enabled Realtek High Definition (SST) .

Now after the update, I can't get the Intel SST driver to work again, it simply will not function again, and some more advanced audio functions are gone.

Hello,

It's normal for incompatible software and drivers to be removed if they are blockers for installing a new build of Windows 10. 

Wait for Intel to fix the driver so it compatible, or roll back to a version of Windows that supports it.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/1/2016 at 0:48 AM, goretsky said:

Hello,

It's normal for incompatible software and drivers to be removed if they are blockers for installing a new build of Windows 10. 

Wait for Intel to fix the driver so it compatible, or roll back to a version of Windows that supports it.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

For some reason, I found the driver externally - not on Intel itself.

Here's the link to the current driver (compressed in RAR format) : http://drivers.softpedia.com/get/SOUND-CARD/Intel/Intel-SST-Audio-Driver-842105-for-Windows-10-64-bit.shtml