Sometimes my SSD opens files very slowly

I have a Samsung Evo SSD 500GB and 2 Seagate HDD in my PC.

Thing is sometimes it takes ages to open a file or "This Pc" icon. I can understand the 2 HDDs but right now I wanted to open a picture from the SSD (on Desktop). I got the window of "Foto" app and than I waited for at least 2-3 seconds before png loaded. It is less than 600 Kb byw. I could hear the mechanical drives spinning up as well although the file was on the SSD. If I try it right now it opens instantly

Any ides on what is causing this?

Win 10
3570k @ 4.4 GHz
16 GB RAM
GTX 770

There is no abnormal background activity that I can see so I guess no viruses

Is the program (Foto) stored on the SSD or the HDD?

Remember when opening a file you need to access both the file itself and the program, so if either is stored on the HDD you'll see a performance hit.

The fact that once the HDD's are spun it opens instantly means there is something on the HDD it needs.

So either locate that (if you can) and move it (un-install and re-install if program, or you could try sym-linking if it's something that can't be moved).

Or your other option is to stop the HDD's from spinning down see if that fixes it.

Control Panel -> Power Options-> click change plan settings on your plan -> change advanced power setttings -> hard disk -> turn off hard disk after -> set it to a large number, or I tihnk 0 will be never.