Which version is recommended?

You need another "fresh install" and this time pay attention to the account setup. There are links at the bottom of the account setup that lead to a local account setup, not a Microsoft online account setup. Then we can help you with your navigation issues and lack of being able to right click on start to find common items that were buried in the os somewhere which they have made ever so convenient by allowing you to right click on start.  Cortana can be used to find Windows update as fast as you can type Windows upd. Cortana can also find other things that have been hidden as well as documents and emails. She is pretty useful if you give her a chance.  Instead of trying to get back to an old way why not get accustomed to microsofts supposed last major os/ui change. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Cosmin said:

Results until now.. :(

Capture.PNG

This type of generic trouble shooting is like taking a sledgehammer to the problem and then swinging randomly and hope you hit something. Which is a perfect solution to the thousands of weird and mysterious problems that a complex user OS can get.

In this case we don't have a complicated problem.

1. When installing Windows, you are trying to get a Local Account for which you are in fact successful

2. You fail to navigate the very misleading setup screens and don't hit all the right answers to skip the nefarious "Microsoft Account" or else Microsoft hits you with this request for some other software you install and you fail to navigate correctly their misleading user interface that comes up every single time there is ever a possible excuse to shove a Microsoft Account in your face. That's life. Just examine tiny print at the bottom of the UI and you will discover a "skip this crap" option...

3. And you end up with 2 logins, no surprise.

11 minutes ago, Cosmin said:

Results until now.. :(

Capture.PNG

I'll put in practice your workflow +DevTech.. I quess I'll be able to..

What happens if you do an Admin CMD Prompt and type ....

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

On 7/3/2016 at 0:28 PM, DevTech said:

It is reasonably polite to skim through all the posts in a thread before posting a reply.

This issue has  been beaten to death so much in this thread that we risk a Zombie Apocalypse rising on Planet Earth if we kill it in any more ways...

I think I am going to kick the Zombie uprising into high gear:

OP - Why not just use linux or get a mac ?
Windows 10 follows everything you do and will send the gov't to your house if you talk bad about the data mining !
Everyone knows that macs and ubuntu are so much better, and the people who use them are going to become angels when they die....

BRING ON THE ZOMBIE HORDE !

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, T3X4S said:

I think I am going to kick the Zombie uprising into high gear:

OP - Why not just use linux or get a mac ?
Windows 10 follows everything you do and will send the gov't to your house if you talk bad about the data mining !
Everyone knows that macs and ubuntu are so much better, and the people who use them are going to become angels when they die....

BRING ON THE ZOMBIE HORDE !

Ah, the incredible intersection of complex technology of silicon supporting hardware and software operating systems with branding and consumerism and marketing which is a fertile ground for millions of pointless internet discussions.

Now, we add a theology of computers to the mix. You need to squeeze in politics and Nazis to be complete however.

So you would like to assign a theological matrix to computer operating systems and being Texas, I guess that defaults to good ol down south literal interpretation of the King James Bible which when you come to think of it was also a symbol of King George's Horrible Oppression of the 13 colonies and should have been thrown into the Boston Harbor along with all that yummy tea.

So getting back on point with this important new topic, we have Heaven, Hell, Purgatory and Earth.

Mapping through the Matrix to those locations are Microsoft WIndows, Apple macOS, IBM/Google/Oracle/RedHat Linux/Android and Nintendo 3DS OS as the most common OS on Planet Earth.

Let the mapping begin!

35 minutes ago, jjkusaf said:

What happens if you do an Admin CMD Prompt and type ....

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

If you ever watched any episodes of House, the master diagnostician Dr. House hated using CAT scans because they provided too much information leading to diagnosing things that had nothing to to with the problem.

Although he got an error from the sfc, it seems that his logon issue is simple Microsoft's brute force approach tripping him up every time.

--------------------------

Most likely, the sfc scan is shining light on a different issue. Since he is getting this on a fresh install, and judging from his SIG, he does Graphics and other complex software, he probably installs a bunch of heavy duty Adobe and Autodesk etc software right after a fresh install and those monster programs often lead to a bad sfc particularly if they are not the latest versions.

Usually that problem goes away over time as Windows and all of the complex software start a long slow dance of endless updates, but since the OP seems to prefer turning off updates in software which is a common attitude whether we agree with it or not, he might always have to live with a bad sfc scan.

So repairing his computer in that manner is not always good advice since it has the potential of messing up some very long and complex software installs.

50 minutes ago, DevTech said:

This type of generic trouble shooting is like taking a sledgehammer to the problem and then swinging randomly and hope you hit something. Which is a perfect solution to the thousands of weird and mysterious problems that a complex user OS can get.

In this case we don't have a complicated problem.

1. When installing Windows, you are trying to get a Local Account for which you are in fact successful

2. You fail to navigate the very misleading setup screens and don't hit all the right answers to skip the nefarious "Microsoft Account" or else Microsoft hits you with this request for some other software you install and you fail to navigate correctly their misleading user interface that comes up every single time there is ever a possible excuse to shove a Microsoft Account in your face. That's life. Just examine tiny print at the bottom of the UI and you will discover a "skip this crap" option...

3. And you end up with 2 logins, no surprise.

Actually, on second thought, I am a bit surprised.

When Microsoft tricks you into switching to a Microsoft Account for your Windows Login, it hides the local account, so there should still be only the one login.

So, that either means something diagnostically useful or else a new and bizarre path through the Windows 10 install process has been discovered or else by the time we see that screen shot a manual attempt has been made to turn on the local account after being hijacked into the Microsoft Account.

22 minutes ago, DevTech said:

If you ever watched any episodes of House, the master diagnostician Dr. House hated using CAT scans because they provided too much information leading to diagnosing things that had nothing to to with the problem.

Although he got an error from the sfc, it seems that his logon issue is simple Microsoft's brute force approach tripping him up every time.

--------------------------

Most likely, the sfc scan is shining light on a different issue. Since he is getting this on a fresh install, and judging from his SIG, he does Graphics and other complex software, he probably installs a bunch of heavy duty Adobe and Autodesk etc software right after a fresh install and those monster programs often lead to a bad sfc particularly if they are not the latest versions.

Usually that problem goes away over time as Windows and all of the complex software start a long slow dance of endless updates, but since the OP seems to prefer turning off updates in software which is a common attitude whether we agree with it or not, he might always have to live with a bad sfc scan.

So repairing his computer in that manner is not always good advice since it has the potential of messing up some very long and complex software installs.

Odd...I've never heard of sfc or dism harming installs and/or third party software.  Do you have a source for this?  I've always believed they were some of the simplest (until you get an error like the OP)/safest, yet useful tools that you could use.

Edit:  Regarding House ... though I do not recall that particular part ... I do remember calling out BS a lot especially during diagnostic imaging studies (the one that stands out particular well is the Nuclear Medicine Thyroid Scan where House and that other guy (Wilson?) were wearing thyroid shields ... /sigh). :)  

13 minutes ago, DevTech said:

What? That's the first I have ever heard of that and a quick google turned up nothing. Where did you hear this?

6 minutes ago, jjkusaf said:

Odd...I've never heard of sfc or dism harming installs and/or third party software.  Do you have a source for this?

2 minutes ago, Circaflex said:

What? That's the first I have ever heard of that and a quick google turned up nothing. Where did you hear this?

1. I sad "has the potential"

2. Sometimes Google is not your friend. Try searching MDL Forums if you find this stuff interesting.

3. The most common cause of a bad sfc when nothing is really bad is that category we don't talk about in support forums but that doesn't mean we can't try to help. A system DLL has been modified and is not the original which is a scenario that is often exactly what the user of a computer wants.

4. Seriously, can you think of a bad system file leading to installing a Microsoft Account Login that he doesn't want?

9 minutes ago, DevTech said:

1. I sad "has the potential"

2. Sometimes Google is not your friend. Try searching MDL Forums if you find this stuff interesting.

3. The most common cause of a bad sfc when nothing is really bad is that category we don't talk about in support forums but that doesn't mean we can't try to help. A system DLL has been modified and is not the original which is a scenario that is often exactly what the user of a computer wants.

4. Seriously, can you think of a bad system file leading to installing a Microsoft Account Login that he doesn't want?

1. LOL, alright. You can say that about anything I guess. I will disagree and say that sfc will not harm your system. I will stand by that stance unless you can prove otherwise.

2. MDL posts come up when using google, again nothing came up

3. I dont understand what your first sentence is saying.

4. I was mentioning sfc because of his store errors on another page. I might have missed the account issue because gary went on and on about the pro version. Hard to find the important parts when that is going on for pages.

To the OP, I think your best option would be like @sc302 mentioned, do another clean install and if you want a local account only be sure to skip the Microsoft Account login/creation.

1. LOL, alright. You can say that about anything I guess. I will disagree and say that sfc will not harm your system. I will stand by that stance unless you can prove otherwise.

2. MDL posts come up when using google, again nothing came up

3. I dont understand what your first sentence is saying.

4. I was mentioning sfc because of his store errors on another page. I might have missed the account issue because gary went on and on about the pro version. Hard to find the important when that is going on for pages.

2. Most of MDL is hidden to Google - on purpose.

3. What I said, combined with the MDL reference should have been sufficient to communicate. I suppose some reference to Harry Potter and his class on Dark Arts would also be equally confusing. Given this thread so far I am attempting to avoid a complete derailment off the cliffs by not hijacking it to a new pointless discussion on the "Dark Arts"

4. Yeah I know skimming a thread can be tedious, but that one was A) he wanted local account only B) I knew Microsoft would spam him into switching his computer login so I was trying to show him how to set up a Microsoft account in his registry via just download a single Store App and selecting "individual sign in" option and then C) discovering he had turned off various Windows Services that talked to Microsoft (which is possible another indicator of point 3) so D) he didn't have a single system problem that was not directly connected to something he did and E) unlike most problems, this one keeps looking like PBKOC, but the OP has a cheerful, positive attitude.

35 minutes ago, sc302 said:

I think you mean pebkac. 

Problem

exists

between

keyboardi

and 

chair

never heard of pbkoc

it is a shortened form - the "exists" is redundant both in terms of meaning and how you would pronounce it - so saves one keystroke - i've seen it around 

Google your spelling and Google mine. Yours has 4 hits and none have anything associated with that meaning.  In honor of correctness and all.....rofl

4 minutes ago, DevTech said:

it is a shortened form - the "exists" is redundant both in terms of meaning and how you would pronounce it - so saves one keystroke - i've seen it around 

oh and mental disorder - i've looked at what i've typed twice now and missed that i hit "O" instead of "A" - that must have been confusing

2 minutes ago, sc302 said:

Google your spelling and Google mine. Yours has 4 hits and none have anything associated with that meaning. 

But did you search MDL? Remember, their results are hidden from Google!

2 minutes ago, DevTech said:

Good grief

You are taking this thread to a new level of ridiculous level of low and trivial.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=pbkac

I wouldn't say that, before my last comment or two I was legitimately attempting to help the OP, while on the other hand you have these strange replies talking about House, harry potter and dark magic or some other nonsense. I cant tell if you are trying really hard to be funny or what you're doing exactly.

5 minutes ago, sc302 said:

Google your spelling and Google mine. Yours has 4 hits and none have anything associated with that meaning. 

Everyone makes typing mistakes, and maybe you could have guessed that or maybe not, but given my posting history at Neowin it would be logical to assume I meant something useful.

But this thread is getting insanely trivial and maybe past the point of any entertainment value - you can be the judge of course but I am gently suggesting it has passed the point of Neowinian usefulness and might be worth locking or at least moved to a forum for random discussion.

I wouldn't say that, before my last comment or two I was legitimately attempting to help the OP, while on the other hand you have these strange replies talking about House, harry potter and dark magic or some other nonsense. I cant tell if you are trying really hard to be funny or what you're doing exactly.

1. All the helping part had already been done and we were in a loop like the movie Groundhog Day

2. The problems and symptoms and data all point to software that has been "patched" (hence "Dark Arts") and I really didn't want to derail the thread onto how you could prove that. Innocent until proven guilty is a basic human right. If MDL didn't communicate that, beats me what would.

3. Maybe there is some entertainment value in misunderstanding my attempt to help and I'm OK with that. I suppose every extra Page-View has to help Neowin in some way...

23 minutes ago, DevTech said:

Everyone makes typing mistakes, and maybe you could have guessed that or maybe not, but given my posting history at Neowin it would be logical to assume I meant something useful.

But this thread is getting insanely trivial and maybe past the point of any entertainment value - you can be the judge of course but I am gently suggesting it has passed the point of Neowinian usefulness and might be worth locking or at least moved to a forum for random discussion.

fwiw, and on a more serious note, pebkac (in any iteration) isn't very useful and it could be considered attacking a member which does break the rules.  I am trying to poke fun of it and be light about it, other mods might not and hand out a warn. 

8 minutes ago, sc302 said:

Lol. 

Did you mean...

http://acronyms.thefreedictionary.com/PBKAC

http://www.acronymfinder.com/Problem-Between-Keyboard-And-Chair-(PBKAC).html

Ignoring how trivial this is getting, I'm guessing you are aiming at some good old fashioned hazing here because PBKAC is an accepted alternative and it's not my problem if you haven't heard it before.

Clearly, a World of Tanks clan has risen to prominence to completely skew the search results.

If we can leave the rest of your friendly hazing in high school, I have a story about skewed search results.

I was once in a product meeting for a new computer where a presentation was being made as is often the case to name a new company and product and domain name all the same. They chose the name of an evil corporation in a popular hacker movie and I blurted out in the meeting that their product would just die if they did that. Of course all the marketing types in the meeting had never seen the movie and said I was being ridiculous. I replied "but it's the internet and it's run by geeks, nobody will find you product" to which they said SEO would take care of that. Could not get through to them.

Of course the reality of it was no amount of SEO could counter a trendy internet thing and being a computer product there was no possible chance search could ever work. The product died of course. Killed the company with it. Bet nobody remembers my attempt to save them. Nobody ever wants advice out of nowhere when they already "know" the answer.

Not much of a story really, but any chance it was more fun than discussing how many angels can dance on the head of a pin?