Outlook 2016 wierd behavior

Question

Hi.

Had to reinstall O.S and sure.. Office 2016 too. The sad part is that I've used POP3 account for my gmail adress instead of imap.. tried to recreate an imap.. all seems ok but the first account can't be erased anymore..how can I solve this? 

Thanks!

Capture.PNG

5 answers to this question

I think that's the data file of the account. If you delete a POP account, its data file remains in Outlook. You can try to delete it, or, if it still doesn't work, just create a new profile for Outlook and configure the imap account there.

51 minutes ago, Cosmin said:

Hi.

Had to reinstall O.S and sure.. Office 2016 too. The sad part is that I've used POP3 account for my gmail adress instead of imap.. tried to recreate an imap.. all seems ok but the first account can't be erased anymore..how can I solve this? 

Thanks!

Capture.PNG

go Control Panel\Mail and create a new data file (make it the new default), you can then delete the original a few moments later once Outlook moves content to new data file, its a glitch in outlook, always been there :) it doesnt work when you try to from inside the Outlook client (because outlook is open and using that default data store tied to your email addy)

Edited by Mando

30 minutes ago, Cosmin said:

if I create a new account.. the one that's above will still be there :|

I said new profile, not new account. In control panel, you have Mail - Profiles. Create a new one and check the option to start that one by default in Outlook. Or try Mando's solution, see what works for you :)

4 minutes ago, TDT said:

I said new profile, not new account. In control panel, you have Mail - Profiles. Create a new one and check the option to start that one by default in Outlook. Or try Mando's solution, see what works for you :)

both would work, I know my solution works for sure, I do it every time I fluff up an end users initial install config of their outlook account at work ;) usually when i forget to force NTLM (our parent corp hosts the mailboxes on a different domain) and when i see, "name could not be matched to an account in the address book" (its lying, as it cant talk to the NAB)

the link below  also works for outlook 2016.

http://www.slipstick.com/exchange/primary-account-removed-outlook-2010/