Moving physical server to ESXi VM

I currently have a Server 2012 running on a physical server and would like to move the services it provides to a much powerful server running ESXi. Also, would I be able to mount BitLocker drives through ESXi?Can anyone provide some guidance on how I would go about doing this?

Much thanks!

VMWare Standalone Converter should do the job pretty well, It's an incredibly simple process to go from Physical to Virtual with ESX being the Hypervisor. 

Random drive-by post here but this one smells so much like the crazy "should I upgrade to Windows 10 Home or Pro" thread that I am compelled to perform a public service and suggest people reply with more attractively entertaining solutions.

So my suggestion in this case is to make a cluster of 10 of the new Core m5 Intel Compute Sticks Pro that can be thrown into somebody's desk drawer and the now superfluous server room can  re-purposed into a proper Silicon Valley Games Room.

Each Stick can run Windows Server 2016 with Hyper-V to form a Clustered Hyper-visor Array. And since this "Windows 10" comes with the new Docker Windows Container, you can deploy a Docker Swarm to your office desk drawer! Eat that, Twitter!

P2V. I would temporarily decrypt the drive mind you, although that may not be needed either. You can always re-enable bitlocker on the other end.

I've had issues using P2V in the past, but mostly due to the age and poor administration of the OS\hardware I inherited here, but there are loads of useful guides etc. online to help you through any issues you get.

The worse part is when the P2V goes through well and sits at 98% for half a day before giving you a fail notice! Fun times to be had! :)

On 7/5/2016 at 3:05 AM, T3X4S said:

So, a basic P2V with the V being on an ESXi enviro ?

Have you heard of Lougle ?  I mean google ?

OMG, I need a 24 hour coffee intravenous drip machine.

I completely missed the Hot Tub Time Machine thing.

What a wonderfully compassionate and humorous way to avoid my past life usage of acronyms about keyboards and chairs. Or is my fluid transport stream of 30% Silicon, 50% ground up coffee beans and and 20% red yucky bio-material still glitching out and causing me to wonder about semantic equivalency? And where did I put my 100 zetabyte per second transfer virus and  compression algorithm to Dockerize a cloud based augmented reality straight to my optic nerves?

I think Pokemon Go must have grabbed it when I wasn't looking...