How to connect two networks?

Hi guys. I will be living next to my parents house. And suppose both have there own internet connection, is there a way to connect both networks together? This will help me a lot with Plex media sharing and printing.

I have a setup of Linux Clearos router in my parents house, can this help me? I don't mind building another one from the other side if needed.  

Please advice me. Thanks,

If you want to route between the two over the internet you'll need to setup a site to site VPN, making sure the subnets are different at either end.
However if you are really next do can you not run a cable through the wall?

I cant run a cable throw the wall. It is far and it will not last considering the climate in my location. 

I was thinking maybe there is something I can do with clearos router that can give me what I need. Perhaps other than site to site VPN?

In theory (yes in theory) this is good for my need? Outdoor Access Point? I mean if I have two of these facing each other, will it do? I believe this will extend the network of (A) not connecting (A) to (B).

Wireless bridge if you have unobstructed line of site. You can even piggy back off their internet connection without getting your own. 

If you have line of site, pickup a couple of these babies and there you go smoking wifi bridge between your locations.

https://www.amazon.com/Ubiquit-Networks-Nanobeam-High-Performance-airMAX/dp/0961114150

$80

https://www.ubnt.com/airmax/nanobeam-ac/

Your clearos routers would allow you to do a site to site vpn using both sites internet connection to connect your 2 networks.

Why not just set up a free DNS on your parents' computer, or whatever is hosting the content using something like noip.com and then configure a port, then you can just connect any client on your network to access it.

And so could everyone else on the planet.. So sure if all he wants it to access his plex server that works too.  As long has he doesn't mind everyone else accessing it as well?  Since he says he is running clearos he could lock down the port forward to just his remote locations IP as the source.

He does not need to use any sort of dynamic dns to do this, he could just use the IP.  That is not really connecting anything together though that is just a simple port forwarding just like you would do to the public internet if you wanted to host a game server or www, etc..