bootcamp didnt finish installing window and after that "no bootable device" and keyboard doesn't work

Hi,

I am having a headache on this one.

I have a 2011 imac running El Capitan. I was using bootcamp to install win8.1 (upgrade to win10 later) using USB stick. Everything was going smoothly and i thought something was wrong because it was taking a long time idling in windows logo screen and I hard reset the machine by holding the power button for a few seconds.

Now the problem arise after that. When booting up, there is just silver screen and no apple logo and about 10-20 seconds later it goes straight to windows dos screen with a text "no bootable device, please press any key..." I tried to reboot again and press OPTION and Command + R keys and that doesn't work. iMac doesn't even recognize the keyboard at all. I have apple wired keyboard and even tried Dell keyboard but still doesn't recognize. I also made a bootable USB stick and still doesn't read it.

Maybe I should have waited hours before doing anything, because it was installing from a USB stick.

Any help?

Thanks

Did you format the bootcamp partition using the Windows setup? I had this error when I installed via bootcamp many moons ago and had the same problem you described.

Recreate your windows USB and try booting holding down just the option key you should get some sort of boot menu. You could also burn to a disc and hold down C when booting to boot off the CD Rom.

SOLVED.

I tried 4 different brands of keyboard and only one recognized it during the bootup and pressing OPTION or ALT finally worked! Only keyboard that worked was Microsoft brand... wow...