Price Hikes in the UK

2 minutes ago, MightyJordan said:

Scratch that; he just got eliminated!

Good news. Unfortunately no matter how good news that is, we're still left with bad news :(

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MightyJordan said:

Scratch that; he just got eliminated!

lol Pob, thats who he looks like hahahah! T May scares the bejesus outta me. she looks sinister lol

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mando said:

hehehe the ribbin might stop........actually no it wont :p

Least you know up here, if someones ripping the P they like and respect you ;) 

Let's just get this straight for the final time... i have never once, nor ever will, pronounce my home town as "Landarn" :p

Just now, Mando said:

lol Pob, thats who he looks like hahahah! T May scares the bejesus outta me. she looks sinister lol

She is sinister 

Just now, MikeChipshop said:

Let's just get this straight for the final time... i have never once, nor ever will, pronounce my home town as "Landarn" :p

She is sinister 

hahah have you adopted the line all scots have burnt into their cranium for a journey to landarnium of "Its legal tender!" yet? 

and yes, dont get me started on Cruella.

Just now, Mando said:

hahah have you adopted the line all scots have burnt into their cranium for a journey to landarnium of "Its legal tender!" yet? 

Worked in retail in London for 10 years. You're very unlikely to get challenged over a Scot note in the city, it's the suburbs that'll look at you blankly thinking you're handing them Monopoly money :D

3 minutes ago, Mando said:

We could do far far worse than Theresa May in charge.  At least she was a Remainer...

Just now, MikeChipshop said:

Worked in retail in London for 10 years. You're very unlikely to get challenged over a Scot note in the city, it's the suburbs that'll look at you blankly thinking you're handing them Monopoly money :D

yer and to be fair anything over a £20 in any note raises an eyebrow in general, we are the same with english 50s n 100s but due to more possibility of being distributed forgeries and vice versa down there id imagine.

1 minute ago, MikeChipshop said:

Good news. Unfortunately no matter how good news that is, we're still left with bad news :(

Sadly true. We'll either have Theresa May - who's threatening to deport EU migrants and wants to turn the UK into a surveillance state - or Andrea Leadsom - an economically illiterate tax dodger and professional liar, and after today, you can also add anti-equality to her list of "qualities".

1 minute ago, Mando said:

She is sinister, as I mentioned above. She doesn't try to hide it, like Boris Johnson does.

Just now, Mando said:

yer and to be fair anything over a £20 in any note raises an eyebrow in general, we are the same with english 50s n 100s but due to more possibility of being distributed forgeries and vice versa down there id imagine.

I'm old enough to remember when Gregg's banned £100 notes :p

6 minutes ago, MikeChipshop said:

your old enough to remember £100 notes being the size of the Financial times you mean! :p heh im old enough to remember a time before Greggs existed, where you got meat in your pastry products...yer really. :p then again i do live in the home town of the King of meaty pastries, which was protected by the EU, any other made outside of Forfar are NOT Forfar Bridies ;) 

Edited by Mando

3 minutes ago, MikeChipshop said:

I didn't even know we had £100 notes. Had to look it up! Apparently, they're not used by the Bank of England...

Oh, and I'm old enough to remember shillings! :p

• Like 2

1 minute ago, FloatingFatMan said:

We could do far far worse than Theresa May in charge.  At least she was a Remainer...

A very quiet one, though; she was kept hidden for most of the campaigning. I suspect she was trying to stay on David Cameron's good side, as most of the polls did indicate Remain was going to win (then again, they also said we'd have a hung parliament last year). I see her as similar to Boris: a populist who'll happily flip-flop on issues.

• Like 1

Just now, FloatingFatMan said:

I didn't even know we had £100 notes. Had to look it up! Apparently, they're not used by the Bank of England...

I think i was about 20 when Gregg's banned them. Before that i'd only ever seen one at work and the only reason we accepted that is it was Terry Hall (of The Specials) who was a regular customer and wanted to spend it.

1 hour ago, restroom said:

We worked the following out:

Currently I pay for a mortgage on a TINY 2 bed house in London and bills etc. about £1600 a month. We earn between us a comfortable amount, but it will take MANY years to clear our mortgage and the country is no longer stable, so my job could be at risk, thus making mortgage payments difficult.

We worked out that with the current price of our house, we can walk away with £190,000 in our pocket. This, as it stands today (but not what we would expect to get in the future), would equal to about 220,000 euro.

In her country we can get a 5 bed house that's 5 times larger than our current London 2 bed and comes with enough land on the back to build our own small community if we wanted! The one we have seen that we like now (but wouldn't expect to get) backs on to a river at the end of the garden, with the garden being a good 5 minute walk across!

You could get a very nice detached house in Yorkshire for that sort of money also. London is a totally different world compared to up here.

Granted if you worked up here you would likely earn significantly less than you do in London.

1 minute ago, MightyJordan said:

I see her as similar to Boris: a populist who'll happily flip-flop on issues.

Exactly the camp i'd put her in. To be honest, i'm just pleased it wasn't Gove.

• Like 1

Oh, and I'm old enough to remember shillings! :p

aye there is/was a £500 note also is there not, or was that just up here? 

8 minutes ago, MightyJordan said:

She is sinister, as I mentioned above. She doesn't try to hide it, like Boris Johnson does.

She kind of reminds me a bit of Maggie...

I bet you're REALLY scared now! :p

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, MikeChipshop said:

Exactly the camp i'd put her in. To be honest, i'm just pleased it wasn't Gove.

Ditto. I'm pleased it isn't going to be Boris, either; I did bet on him to win before he backed out at the last minute, but the good definitely outweighed the bad there. :p

:o

25 minutes ago, FloatingFatMan said:

After six years of Cameron, nothing scares me anymore, except perhaps Prime Minister Farage. :p

• Like 1

1 hour ago, InsaneNutter said:

You could get a very nice detached house in Yorkshire for that sort of money also. London is a totally different world compared to up here.

Granted if you worked up here you would likely earn significantly less than you do in London.

Exactly mate. Would love to live up north, but its full of northerners! :p (only a joke by the way).

But yeah, that's the great thing. We can have a big house and land, for little money and I can earn an amazing wage for the place I'm living.

3 hours ago, FloatingFatMan said:

dont, i still have not forgiven her for taking my milk away in primary 2!

• Like 1