2 Dallas Cops Shot @ Anti-Police Protest - BLM

Dont have a lot of info as it is hapenning right now.

Downtown Dallas -    An anti-police BLM protest was broken up with fully automatic gunfire.
Protesters and bystanders were seen running and hiding under cars.

The protest was a result of the blacks shot by cops.

It appears the cops were deliberately targeted by the gunman/gunmen.

Just now, Circaflex said:

Terrible to hear. You're pretty close there, hopefully everyone you know is doing alright.

Thank You.

It is about 1 block away from where I used to work.

Right now, it appears an active shooter(s) is trying to pick people off.

The cops have narrowed it down it seems to a single building, we are listening to the police chatter and SWAT is on the 3rd floor of the BELO building.

SWAT just announced for all tactical personnel to switch over to a private radio channel so we can't hear anymore.

Only details are 2 cops were shot or shot at.  But the news coverage that was in the area recorded a barrage of automatic gun fire.

Do whites in the US stage these protest rallies when a black police officer shoots a white person?

1 minute ago, freqnasty said:

Do whites in the US stage these protest rallies when a black police officer shoots a white person?

No

They protest by going to work the next day.

1 minute ago, freqnasty said:

I am sure somewhere, they do, however we don't hear about it nor does it really make the mainstream news like many of the BLM protests.

I was just passing through where one of the rallies in Atlanta is happening. Very moving I must say. 

And Freqnasty this is a very complex issue that we have in the U.S. 

8 minutes ago, wv@gt said:

I was just passing through where one of the rallies in Atlanta is happening. Very moving I must say. 

And Freqnasty this is a very complex issue that we have in the U.S. 

What makes it very complex ?  

• Like 2

I got into this conversation via my U.S. buddies on PSN, bad,

as I don't know the full story behind the recent shootings I won't go into it, but as a further update, Have the police identified the perpetrator(s)

containment etc..?

(I know the last post was like 15 minutes ago, but I need to get some sleep and will come back to the thread later on for the answer)

Just now, The Evil Overlord said:

I got into this conversation via my U.S. buddies on PSN, bad,

as I don't know the full story behind the recent shootings I won't go into it, but as a further update, Have the police identified the perpetrator(s)

containment etc..?

(I know the last post was like 15 minutes ago, but I need to get some sleep and will come back to the thread later on for the answer)

No not yet - and just now there is more automatic gunfire.

I doubt anyone from the organizations/groups protesting the police will come out and condemn these actions.   Hope I am wrong, but the way things are going around the world these days....I have my doubts.

1st cousin is married to a police officer in Forney.  Glad he is not in the area but I am sure he is feeling it as well.

9 minutes ago, techbeck said:

The "person of interest" the cops were looking for turned himself in. 

Will have to check on this later...past my bed time. 

He was the organizer of the protest.
Had an AR-15 on him, and when the shooting started, he gave his gun to an officer nearby.
Supposedly he went home.

This was related by the organizer's brother, has not been confirmed as he was simply complaining about his brother being mentioned as a suspect when he did nothing wrong.

PC reports are glossing over it being a BLM protest.

2 snipers, 4 dead, 7 injured

Live reports say it's still ongoing.

The progressive meme that there aren't any cop attacks associated with BLM and that cops don't need armored vehicles or heavy weaponry in such incidents is now rightly  destroyed. Poof. Casper.

http://live.att.net/news/read/article/the_associated_press-hundreds_rally_in_nyc_against_fatal_police_shootin-ap

DALLAS (AP) — At least two snipers opened fire on police officers during protests in Dallas on Thursday night, killing four officers and injuring seven others, police said.

Dallas Police Chief David Brown told reporters the snipers fired "ambush style" upon the officers. Police later said in a statement that a suspect who was in a shootout with Dallas SWAT officers was is in custody and a person of interest had surrendered. They said a suspicious package was being secured by a bomb squad.

The gunfire broke out around 8:45 p.m. Thursday while hundreds of people were gathered to protest fatal police shootings this week in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, and suburban St. Paul, Minnesota.
>

Edited by DocM
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, T3X4S said:

He was the organizer of the protest.
Had an AR-15 on him, and when the shooting started, he gave his gun to an officer nearby.
Supposedly he went home.

This was related by the organizer's brother, has not been confirmed as he was simply complaining about his brother being mentioned as a suspect when he did nothing wrong.

Yeah I saw a report that a "person of Interest" "surrendered" which is the news media doing their nasty thing they do to boost ratings.

I was out a few weeks back and saw a giant billboard advertising a TV channel as "The Disaster Channel" with the best coverage of WTF?  How did anyone in the chain of approving that billboard think it was in good taste?