102 arrested, 27 officers injured in 94 shutdown

8 hours ago, Gary7 said:

Maybe in your country..

8 hours ago, jjkusaf said:

What...that the Brits would leave through peaceful negotiations?  I don't think so.

Look, if anything this could be better compared (stretching a little bit) to the Civil Rights Movement ... not the Revolutionary War.  Though there were violent protests (like LA in '65) ... MLK taught and preached that only peaceful protests would lead to victory over the oppressors.  

Ok maybe I've been having a little fun at your expense but the point is violence is acceptable if you win because you write the history but if you lose then you're wrong. 

There is another country in the world who had an underclass who felt like they would never have a voice and were being persecuted so used violence to get what they wanted (with the support of the US), can you guess who that is ? :)

Those who resort to such cheap tactics like throwing rocks from a crowd knowing they won't get caught are agents provocateurs by definition.

Why nobody tells these dumb ass that there will be less and less people to support them if they keep doing this?  Also they need to take away Govt supports from any rioters.  We can't keep feeding these thugs, so they can go around and destroy our Country.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, MDboyz said:

Why nobody tells these dumb ass that there will be less and less people to support them if they keep doing this?  Also they need to take away Govt supports from any rioters.  We can't keep feeding these thugs, so they can go around and destroy our Country.

Are you Native American then ? 

Edited by Depicus

I'm 100% in line with people who say protests like this are counter-productive, but having read through a lot of justifications for this kind of crap, in case anyone is curious:

People will insist that disrupting people's lives "gets their attention" and "raises awareness" of the cause. And...er...

That's as far as it seems to go. At that point, every thread devolves into back and forth horribad analogies and logical fallacies. These are basically stupid actions rooted in stupid reasoning, and trying to argue about it just ends up making you feel stupid too. :|

1 hour ago, Joshie said:

People will insist that disrupting people's lives "gets their attention" and "raises awareness" of the cause. And...er...

Yes, it gets their attention and raises awareness, and also turns them against your cause (generic "your", not a personal one).  Well done. /slowclap

11 hours ago, Depicus said:

Maybe some people thing the police are the enemy and they are at war ? 

So law enforcement are the enemy for enforcing the law of the land which is written in to constitution? Sorry, but that's silly. If you don't like something they are doing, then you have silent protest and have it changed through the political system. BLM cant argue that the political system is a white mans game as you have a black president.

As mentioned before in a previous, more white people are shot and killed by police in America than black. Yet white people are not up in arms about it, as to do so would be deemed racist.

I truly believe that BLM are using police killings as an attempt to cover up their real agenda, which is racism toward white people in general. Some black people, just like white, have not moved past their past and still blame white people for enslavement etc., which in itself is flawed as there where white slaves to both blacks and Arabs, long before English and Americans enslaved black people.

So they feel its their RIGHT to be able to fly against the laws of American and English soil because "white people hurt my people many years ago yo".

The same can also be said for white "redneck" sorts. They simply haven't moved on from an old age that no longer and never will exist again.

What a majority from both side need and actually want. The majority who are not fighting or protesting, is to just move on with their lives and work together to ensure the mistakes of the past do not happen again. However, with the bigoted few, who make a lot of noise, such as BLM in America and the likes of EDL and Britain First in the UK, we cannot move on.

most people that join riots are just there for the thrill / think they can get away with anything.

riots are dumb, they accomplish nothing but  cause property damage and injuries.

3 hours ago, restroom said:

So law enforcement are the enemy for enforcing the law of the land which is written in to constitution? Sorry, but that's silly.

This from a country where you can be ordered to breach somebodies human rights and are then not allowed to tell anybody. Yes the constitution is a fine piece of paper that has served you well so far. /s

Maybe just stop shooting people black or white might help.

8 minutes ago, Depicus said:

This from a country where you can be ordered to breach somebodies human rights and are then not allowed to tell anybody.

We have the same system in the UK with our secret courts.

• Like 2

Just now, Depicus said:

This from a country where you can be ordered to breach somebodies human rights and are then not allowed to tell anybody. Yes the constitution is a fine piece of paper that has served you well so far. /s

I'm from the UK thanks... I'm simply saying that in most cases of both black or white people being shot, its due to them behaving in a manner that leads the officer to believe their life is at risk. The whole legal side arm thing in the US is a separate matter, but you cant really compare the UK law enforcement to the US. The shootings of recent years in the UK, one of which caused the London riots, are ALL because the individual had a firearm and was known to police. If your known to the police in the UK, then you will not have a license for the firearm, so therefore almost without question, your asking for trouble.

I would rather argue that if your being stopped by the police, don't be stupid, do as the officer says and you wont get hurt. They are the law after all. The problem is that most of the people shot (black and white) disregard the law and law enforcement and believe they are simply being harassed, so act up.

To explain more, take the most recent shooting of the black individual. Police where called out to a report of a man walking around threatening people with a gun. They surround him and then take him down, but he then manages to reach to his pocket and someone yells "he has a gun!". So this guys KNOWS the police have guns pointed at him, yet at the first opportunity he reaches in to his pocket? Even if he had a legitimate reason to reach in to his pocket, common sense tells you to wait until a time later on when you are safe to make your case and show them what's in your pocket.

I sympathize with the law enforcement in both the US and UK. Whilst I don't agree with the way they handle some situations, I think they do the best they can. Lets face it, if they hadn't shot half of those they have ###### dead, then there would likely be a lot more dead police officers in the US right now and protests by law enforcement themselves against their work conditions. Not to mention the fact that it would likely lead to a huge increase in crime in the US, because they know they have the upper hand if they pull out a gun. "You shoot me officer, then you'll cause a riot, so I'm just gonna take my gun and walk away".

6 minutes ago, ramesees said:

We have the same system in the UK with our secret courts.

Whilst that's all kind of off topic, I totally agree. Look at those secret family courts that have free reign to destroy a family based on any made up information that social services provide! Just as an example that is.

6 hours ago, MDboyz said:

Well yes and no. There is a lot of feeling of discontent from the black community in the US. Mostly through twisted media, misunderstanding and aggressive demonstrations in well publicized events that can be well broadcast. This in turn has lead to a lot of misinformed followers who rightly believe they are being unfairly treated, even though they are actually no less treated than their white counterparts.

I honestly think this has the possibility to turn very nasty if not dealt with directly by politicians head on. A lot like Brexit, the US politicians appear to not be taking the protests very seriously and I fear they will only take a stand when its too late, as has happened with the whole brexit result.

A side to that, good could come from it. Politicians may finally realize that they can no longer ignore the people they serve, as they are now awake to in the UK... hopefully.

18 hours ago, Gary7 said:

Minnesota police pelted with rocks, Molotov cocktails as protests lead to riots; 102 arrested

The New Black Panther Party was involved with this. Do not try and say the the Black Panthers are nor racists. I had dealings with them personally. 

oh and the "peaceful" protesters were shouting "we should shoot you"

http://www.theamericanmirror.com/agitators-hurl-rocks-phoenix-police-chant-shoot/

16 hours ago, Gary7 said:

They are quite stupid and wrong.

true, but you know who is even more stupid? People that eventually will cave in to their demands and give them stuff/change rules....

• Like 2

These people are so brainless that they don't realize that what they're doing is accomplishing the complete OPPOSITE of what they ultimately want.  Do they really think that rioting, destruction, and disrupting the public is magically going to get everybody on their side?  These people are the actual reason of why America is becoming more divided.  This is also a big reason why racism is still around...  Completely ridiculous...

18 hours ago, jjkusaf said:

eh...did you really just compare these violent protests to those against the British?  Really?

I believe Martin Luther King Jr. said it best during his Nobel Peace Prize Lecture .... even though acknowledging violence achieved Nations independence.  

"Violence as a way of achieving racial justice is both impractical and immoral. I am not unmindful of the fact that violence often brings about momentary results. Nations have frequently won their independence in battle. But in spite of temporary victories, violence never brings permanent peace. It solves no social problem: it merely creates new and more complicated ones. Violence is impractical because it is a descending spiral ending in destruction for all. It is immoral because it seeks to humiliate the opponent rather than win his understanding: it seeks to annihilate rather than convert. Violence is immoral because it thrives on hatred rather than love. It destroys community and makes brotherhood impossible. It leaves society in monologue rather than dialogue. Violence ends up defeating itself. It creates bitterness in the survivors and brutality in the destroyers."

I've listened to a bunch of his speeches the past couple of days ... his words are truly empowering and inspiring to all man ... someone that is greatly missed in times like this.

I read this quote out-loud to my roommate and it was difficult to hold back a tear.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, jjkusaf said:

What...that the Brits would leave through peaceful negotiations?  I don't think so.

Look, if anything this could be better compared (stretching a little bit) to the Civil Rights Movement ... not the Revolutionary War.  Though there were violent protests (like LA in '65) ... MLK taught and preached that only peaceful protests would lead to victory over the oppressors.  

You are wasting your time JJ, you cannot debate someone that will not listen.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gary7 said:

You are wasting your time JJ, you cannot debate someone that will not listen.

I know exactly how you feel :) 

6 hours ago, Depicus said:

The police are responsible for barely a hundredth of a percent of all the deaths in the US yearly, this shouldn't even be an issue.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Nogib said:

They should have just turned all those losers into roadkill.

Comments like this is kind of why they are protesting in the first place.

• Like 3

Number law enforcement personnel killed - http://www.nleomf.org/facts/officer-fatalities-data/year.html

Number of those killed by law enforcement personnel, numbers are approximate as there is no accurate national database at this time -

http://www.killedbypolice.net/

http://thinkprogress.org/justice/2016/07/05/3794553/police-killings-2016/

39 minutes ago, Emn1ty said:

The police are responsible for barely a hundredth of a percent of all the deaths in the US yearly, this shouldn't even be an issue.

I guess it isn't until that hundredth of a percent is your family member or somebody you love then it's a huge issue. 

6 minutes ago, Depicus said:

I guess it isn't until that hundredth of a percent is your family member or somebody you love then it's a huge issue. 

But that's not what this is about. You can't take a personal issue and make it a national one. You can't overturn society over a few anecdotal scenarios. What I'd really like to know is why BLM and the like only care about black lives when they're killed by white cops and they seem to ignore black lives killed by other blacks. Especially when cops don't even kill more blacks than they do whites (even accounting for population distribution).

The point is, they are appealing to emotion rather than bringing a real argument or issue to the table in an effort to assert control rather than bring about any meaningful change. They are driving a wedge between blacks, whites and cops because they can. Not because it's necessary.

I watched one of the co-founders of BLM, Alicia Garza, on CNN earlier and found her responses to be divisive and especially how dismissive she was of statements made by the Dallas Police Chief David O. Brown.  She had a very singular perspective and blamed others more so than her own community.  I've generally felt very neutral about BLM, but the more I see and read about them, I've become somewhat concerned about the sincerity of the group.

• Like 2