Your house is burning & you can grab one thing. What is it?

9 hours ago, Gary7 said:

http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/product/index.jsp?productId=50374856

Product Information:

Buying Guide

The Total Defense Gun Safe offers superior protection to your firearm collection. The fire and water resistant design keeps the contents safe from disasters, while the hardened steel plate behind the lock and 4-way locking system stop intruders. Full door storage and adjustable shelves accommodate your guns and accessories, while the interior outlet lets you power items while inside of the Stack-On® Total Defense 36 Gun Fire and Water Safe.

FEATURES:

I guess iut depends on how much you pay for one.

line it, or cover it with ceramic tiles, it'll last even longer

• Like 2

On 7/17/2016 at 0:28 AM, Elliot B. said:

My testicles.

Oh, so your wife's handbag? :laugh:

On 7/17/2016 at 0:28 AM, Gary7 said:

A fire extinguisher.

Better be a huge one for a house fire.

4 minutes ago, compl3x said:

Oh, so your wife's handbag? :laugh:

Better be a huge one for a house fire.

You did not say it was engulfed in flames.:p

My security safe/box with all my important documents, passport, birth certificate, title to car, insurance policies, backup drives, etc.

5Ptw8of.jpg?1

• Like 2

the fire extinguisher. failing that, the hose in the garden. lol.

but honestly, i've already thought about it, i've got nothing to save, all the family photo's have been scanned and digitized, i have loads of collectibles but i'd rather see them all go then ponder which to save. 

i guess if i really had to choose, the box i put all the family photo's in, there is just something that can't be replicated about old photo's. 

On 7/15/2016 at 10:06 PM, Draggendrop said:

I can't decide.....:s

Draggendrop dies in fire. News at 11.   :)

• Like 4

I can't grab it in one arm. but I can push it by myself, and that is my 1966 Plymouth Satellite!

Hopefully, the fire proof safe can with stand the heat and my "other" important stuff survives!!

Waxed2.jpg

I'd only take my wallet (assuming I don't have it in my pocket already.

For everything else I either have insurance (home and car), have it backed externally (digital stuff) or stored safely in safe deposit boxes with multiple copies (paper documents), not to mention I can make use of the savings account I've been depositing money into for the last 10 years or so. 

On 7/22/2016 at 9:41 PM, Tomo said:

This is just a hypothetical question isn't it?

Unless you can speak from experience?

I have a box with some family heirlooms, old letter/pics etc that only have sentimental value. I'd grab that and some hard disks :)

All my imp data is backed up and my critical data is on the cloud an on a 64GB drive on my keychain.

I've got all of my important files and pictures backed up on an external hard drive at my parents house. So, I wouldn't grab my computer.

Instead, I'd probably grab our chandelier we got from Venice on our honeymoon or the imprint made by my passed dog.

you gotta have a house in order for it to catch fire, so I'm safe.

36 minutes ago, Obi-Wan Kenobi said:

I'm sure you could put your mind to fixing that problem. 

On 7/16/2016 at 3:32 PM, Tuskd said:

Assuming I have my phone already in my pocket, my certificates file, even though I have them all scanned and backed up.

You are supposed to grab only one thing. So, is it going to be your right one or your left one? :shifty:

they are handily prepackaged in a bag so i reckon we can let him take both :p 

mine would be my car keys :p (and a coat) everything else is copied online somewhere :)

2 hours ago, Obi-Wan Kenobi said:

ok grab your cardboard box then :p lol

On 7/17/2016 at 3:58 AM, JHBrown said:

A Father's Day card my daughter made for me when she was 3 years old. Irreplaceable. Screw everything else.

Awww you soppy big git ;) I thought you'd have grabbed your W10 install media ;) (teehee) or that W10 phone gathering dust in the keybowl hahahah :woot:

(disclaimer: JH knows im yanking his chain)

On 24/07/2016 at 6:52 AM, compl3x said:

Unless you can speak from experience?

No just wondering if the house was really burning as asking for advice on the Internet might not be the best way to get it :rofl: