3 Baton Rouge officers feared dead in shooting

2 minutes ago, Stoffel said:

Sure you keep all this talk up, and deny there is any issue with Law Enforcement at all. Cops will continue to be the victim.

I'm not saying all cops are bad, but the good ones do cover up for the few bad ones (This should sound familiar, it's what people blame Muslims of doing all the time). That creates a perception cops are untouchable and no justice will ever come if a cop does something wrong.

For those of us living in reality statistics show that police do not go out of their way to "target" black people, in fact they show police are actually more lenient with them than any other demographic.

But for black people living with a victim complex reality doesn't matter.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, trag3dy said:

For those of us living in reality statistics show that police do not go out of their way to "target" black people, in fact they show police are actually more lenient with them than any other demographic.

But for black people living with a victim complex reality doesn't matter.

... and if facts would matter for old white christian men, Trump wouldn't be the GOP nominee, your point being?

It's about perception! And the black community feel, rightly or wrongly, that they get the short end of the stick. If you want these cop killings to disappear you need to deal with that perception.  

But are you seriously denying that there are way to many fishy shootings happening by cops on black people? We just had the 2 that happened that instigated this whole mess.

But to you it just seems to be a problem in the black community, nothing to do with the behaviour of the cops at all

3 minutes ago, Stoffel said:

... and if facts would matter for old white christian men, Trump wouldn't be the GOP nominee, your point being?

It's about perception! And the black community feel, rightly or wrongly, that they get the short end of the stick. If you want these cop killings to disappear you need to deal with that perception.  

But are you seriously denying that there are way to many fishy shootings happening by cops on black people? We just had the 2 that happened that instigated this whole mess.

But to you it just seems to be a problem in the black community, nothing to do with the behaviour of the cops at all

I can't help what their perceptions are but what I do know is that pandering to them won't fix anything.

I am denying it because statistics don't support those claims that there are way to many fishy shootings.

And of those 2 shootings one is questionable and the other point black resisted arrest.

5 minutes ago, Stoffel said:

If statistics show that black people are not being treated unfairly by the police, would that not indicate that it is a problem with the black community's perception?

Trag3dy... I wasn't going to entertain your rant as it's kinda absurd but why not...

do you any understanding why gang violence, or "black on black crime" happen in certain areas of America?

Let's help you out, its intentional... go live in a deprived neighborhood, where there's NO jobs, education is severely lacking (where most Board of Educations have an out of site out of mind toward)... Where there actually is NO policing at all.

Did Sandra Bland go out of her way to die?

Did Castro go out of his way to die?

The kid whom they "forgot about and left a rikers" go out of his way to commit suicide?

Actually the "LAW" does go out of it's way to target minorities.. Rather it be at the officer level or the judge level...

Officer wants to vent, they take it out on blacks.. Judge wants to fill up the prisons for laborers, they at least make it alive to the court house for this too...

But I digress... Like I said, go live in poorness and tell me how it feels...

I'm 37yrs old and only been out of poverty stricken neighborhood for 4yrs..

Ever have cops come to your neighborhood and rough you up, just because they can?  Let me tell you, IT SUCKS!!!

Ever have teachers tell you that, you'll never amount to anything... Makes you want to give up on the spot...

They plant that seed of failure... So yes they do (bad cops) go out of their way to target minorities

34 minutes ago, Stoffel said:

Sure you keep all this talk up, and deny there is any issue with Law Enforcement at all.

No one is arguing that isn't a problem which needs fixing; there is, and it effects more than just black people. More white + brown folks are shot than black people.

There are many reasons for this, ranging from a few bad cops to every cop having to keep at high alert because many people go off on them with little or no provocation.  

LOTS of blame to go around. As they say, people who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

The other debate is; has the stridency of the BLM movements rhetoric,  and of others in the community, reached a tipping point where they're giving domestic terrorists license?

Also a factor is that one of BLM's inspirations is Assata Shakur. BLM protesters carry signs showing admiration for her. The problem is she's a convicted and escaped cop killer and is now on the Most Wanted Terrorists list. Living in Cuba.

BLM co-founder Alicia Garza:

When I use Assata’s powerful demand in my organizing work, I always begin by sharing where it comes from, sharing about Assata’s significance to the Black Liberation Movement, what its political purpose and message is, and why it’s important in our context.

It's beginning to look like many BLM folks, and their celebrity acolytes, need to turn their rhetoric down several notches. 

21 minutes ago, Showan said:

Trag3dy... I wasn't going to entertain your rant as it's kinda absurd but why not...

do you any understanding why gang violence, or "black on black crime" happen in certain areas of America?

Let's help you out, its intentional... go live in a deprived neighborhood, where there's NO jobs, education is severely lacking (where most Board of Educations have an out of site out of mind toward)... Where there actually is NO policing at all.

Did Sandra Bland go out of her way to die?

Did Castro go out of his way to die?

The kid whom they "forgot about and left a rikers" go out of his way to commit suicide?

Actually the "LAW" does go out of it's way to target minorities.. Rather it be at the officer level or the judge level...

Officer wants to vent, they take it out on blacks.. Judge wants to fill up the prisons for laborers, they at least make it alive to the court house for this too...

But I digress... Like I said, go live in poorness and tell me how it feels...

I'm 37yrs old and only been out of poverty stricken neighborhood for 4yrs..

Ever have cops come to your neighborhood and rough you up, just because they can?  Let me tell you, IT SUCKS!!!

Ever have teachers tell you that, you'll never amount to anything... Makes you want to give up on the spot...

They plant that seed of failure... So yes they do (bad cops) go out of their way to target minorities

My rant? I wasn't ranting at all. 

TIL pointing out statistics and facts is a rant.

So keep making excuses for and infantilizing those poor unfortunates. That'll fix things up nicely.

Meanwhile, may I introduce you to these two fine fellows who just wanted to server their communities and now left their families behind all because they responded to 911 calls that some guy was walking around with an assault rifle who then murdered them?

CnmGSyLW8AAfz-H.jpg

CnmN7ISWYAATGKS.jpg

Both of these guys were married and had children who now have no father to call their own. The guy in the second picture had 2 children. #BLM.

My rant. :rofl:

I haven't even begun to.

Edited by trag3dy
  • Like 2

first off... I don't condone killing of cops, nor any person in general..

I think quite a few on Neowin, knows that I am rather emotional when it comes to life.

this is NOT the answer to anything.  it solves NOTHING.  that wasn't my point.

There is no excuse for it... not by any means...

Zero Hope, 100% anger, and a bit of fear, is extremely toxic...

but there HAS to be a better way...

4 minutes ago, Showan said:

first off... I don't condone killing of cops, nor any person in general..

I think quite a few on Neowin, knows that I am rather emotional when it comes to life.

this is NOT the answer to anything.  it solves NOTHING.  that wasn't my point.

There is no excuse for it... not by any means...

Zero Hope, 100% anger, and a bit of fear, is extremely toxic...

but there HAS to be a better way...

Yes, the better way is for black people to start addressing the violence that happens in their own neighborhoods instead of turning a blind eye to it and blaming all their problems on police and white people.

This is what is commonly known as personal responsibility.

48 minutes ago, trag3dy said:

Yes, the better way is for black people to start addressing the violence that happens in their own neighborhoods instead of turning a blind eye to it and blaming all their problems on police and white people.

This is what is commonly known as personal responsibility.

White privilege at it's finest!  

6 minutes ago, Stoffel said:

:rofl:

Yeah how dare I expect people to take responsibility for their own actions! Damn my evil white privileged ass straight to hell for doing so.

I don't know what I was thinking! Here black folks, just tell me your name and I'll sign all my future paychecks on over to you no questions asked! You've earned it!

Will my reparations fix all your woes and make the big bad police leave you alone???

This has nothing to do with black/white/race - that's a convenient angle to sidetrack the real problem of police with no accountability and powers way beyond what they need.

Cops want to have their cake and eat it too - they claim they need all this power to protect people but when they abuse their power and boast about it, they expect people to just accept it? Why is a cops life worth more than any other citizen - its not. But of course in our judicial system their word is taken for granted, they are afforded every possible advantage and don't need to follow the law. This is of course total nonsense. And its repeated at a larger scale with our military.

Black people aren't the only minority in the country and need to stop acting like it. They have plenty of problems in their community which they refuse to accept/address. None of this is to say that they don't have a point about police, but its just one part of the problem. Its not like cops are paragons of virtue when dealing with other ethnicities - US police prey upon the weak and disadvantaged, and they know they can and will get away with literally murder.

Of course killing a cop is unjustifiable. So is the police killing innocent people. But our President never said that's unjustifiable did he? Why aren't they criticized and more importantly punished? This is what happens when public anger boils over.

2 hours ago, DocM said:

It's beginning to look like many BLM folks, and their celebrity acolytes, need to turn their rhetoric down several notches. 

Let not forget that BLM is doing little to speak against these killings of police.  I hear many people argue that BLM does not mean only black lives matter.  And granted, for many BLM members it does not but for many, it does.   But people do not want to hear the good, they want to hear the bad,  The leaders of the BLM need to speak out publicly and do a lot to  encourage these actions.  Never going to make things better otherwise and a lot of people hang on what the BLM says.  In many ways, BLM members are making things worse.

And then you have the media which we all know fuels the fire and makes things worse.

Edited by techbeck

5 minutes ago, techbeck said:

Let not forget that BLM is doing little to condone these killings of police.  I hear many people argue that BLM does not mean only black lives matter.  And granted, for many BLM members it does not but for many, it does.   But people do not want to hear the good, they want to hear the bad,  The leaders of the BLM need to speak out publicly and do a lot to condone these actions.  Never going to make things better otherwise and a lot of people hang on what the BLM says.  In many ways, BLM members are making things worse.

And then you have the media which we all know fuels the fire and makes things worse.

I think you mean they shouldn't condone the killings. But BLM is a fringe group they aren't going to say anything that isn't part of their message. 

2 minutes ago, Defcon said:

I think you mean they shouldn't condone the killings. But BLM is a fringe group they aren't going to say anything that isn't part of their message. 

Yea, mistype on my part was in the middle of editing my post and got side tracked.

And my point about BLM is that many people say they are for all lives.  But they have gotten a really bad rap for being the complete opposite, encouraging acts of violence, and where many people want to label them officially as a hate group.

Anyway, things are still going to get worse before they get any better.

2 hours ago, trag3dy said:

I can't help what their perceptions are but what I do know is that pandering to them won't fix anything.

I am denying it because statistics don't support those claims that there are way to many fishy shootings.

And of those 2 shootings one is questionable and the other point black resisted arrest.

What statistics? Even a single unwarranted killing by cops is too much, and there are hundreds. Only in the US is it considered ok for the cops to murder people anytime they feel like it. No other country has the stupid 'if you resist you'll be shot' mentality we preach. In fact even if you are elderly or disabled or a kid with a toy and do nothing, you'll still get shot and the cop will be defended by his peers, boss and govt, vindicated if ever charged (rare) and never be punished. 

53 minutes ago, techbeck said:

Let not forget that BLM is doing little to speak against these killings of police.  I hear many people argue that BLM does not mean only black lives matter. 

Hard to believe from their rhetoric, and in reality Black Lives Matter is a PC synonym for the Black Liberation Movement.  Both have connections back to the Black Liberation Army via Assata Shakur. BLA was the more radicalized successor organization to the Black Panthers. Black supremacists.

BLA activities: 1972 Delta Flight 841 hijacking, 1981 Brink's robbery

Basically, the black versions of the Aryan Nations.

3 hours ago, Stoffel said:

If you want these cop killings to disappear you need to deal with that perception.  

Or, some elements of society could simply stop blaming others for their problems. This can happen though others telling them "you are flat out wrong".

1 hour ago, Stoffel said:

White privilege (should remove the white since it really doesn't have anything to do with being white) is something anyone can have.

White privilege: 1) Clear articulate communication 2) Respect for law enforcement 3) Use logic instead of emotion 4) Non-victim-hood mentality.

You will see that the people from ANY race will be at the bottom of society if they lack the above "white" privilege traits. This INCLUDES WHITES!

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, Defcon said:

What statistics? Even a single unwarranted killing by cops is too much, and there are hundreds. Only in the US is it considered ok for the cops to murder people anytime they feel like it. No other country has the stupid 'if you resist you'll be shot' mentality we preach. In fact even if you are elderly or disabled or a kid with a toy and do nothing, you'll still get shot and the cop will be defended by his peers, boss and govt, vindicated if ever charged (rare) and never be punished. 

No there are not "hundreds" of unwarranted killings by cops. In 2015 there was only "hundreds" of people killed by cops altogether. 1000~ people killed by police in 2015 in a country of 320 million. That's not even 1% of 1% of people who had interactions with police through the entire year.

What statistics? All of them. Numbers, facts, and statistics do not back the claims up in any way shape or form that the police target minorities, specifically blacks. They actually show the opposite.

Looks like this thug was mad that his homey 'other thug' was gunned down while unarmed. Not surprised they're all (the thugs not the good people) rising up to start shooting at cops.

Why don't these guys that get arrested more than 4-6 times not locked up for good? Clearly they haven't learnt anything with their time spent in jail and it only harms the community as a whole. Lock these folks in jail and release those arrested with small amounts of drugs in possession. I am guessing multiple felony charges doesn't really amount to nothing or the punishment isn't demanding enough. Maybe someone here can enlighten me to the rage I see people showing towards the #BLM movement as a whole and that the leader of the #BLM group isn't really doing enough if at anything to stem those that call for shooting of cops.

http://heavy.com/news/2016/07/alton-sterling-arrest-record-criminal-history-rap-sheet-sex-offender-sex-offense-crime-baton-rouge-louisiana-police-shooting-blane-salamoni-howie-lake-shot-charges-video-youtube-facebook-watch/

http://heavy.com/news/2016/07/gavin-long-youtube-baton-rouge-gunman-police-shootings-suspect-kansas-city-missouri/

http://www.amren.com/news/2015/07/new-doj-statistics-on-race-and-violent-crime/

http://www.amren.com/the-color-of-crime/

Edited by Morisato

13 minutes ago, Morisato said:

Looks like this thug was mad that his homey 'other thug' was gunned down while unarmed. Not surprised they're all (the thugs not the good people) rising up to start shooting at cops.

Why don't these guys that get arrested more than 4-6 times not locked up for good? Clearly they haven't learnt anything with their time spent in jail and it only harms the community as a whole. Lock these folks in jail and release those arrested with small amounts of drugs in possession. I am guessing multiple felony charges doesn't really amount to nothing or the punishment isn't demanding enough. Maybe someone here can enlighten me to the rage I see people showing towards the #BLM movement as a whole and that the leader of the #BLM group isn't really doing enough if at anything to stem those that call for shooting of cops.

http://heavy.com/news/2016/07/alton-sterling-arrest-record-criminal-history-rap-sheet-sex-offender-sex-offense-crime-baton-rouge-louisiana-police-shooting-blane-salamoni-howie-lake-shot-charges-video-youtube-facebook-watch/

http://heavy.com/news/2016/07/gavin-long-youtube-baton-rouge-gunman-police-shootings-suspect-kansas-city-missour

Mark Dice sounds like an idiot.

Mark Dice sounds like an idiot.

Yeah, you're right. Was trying to get a point across but that clip didn't really show what I meant. Can't arrest someone without probable cause and I am not sure how the law treats people making threats to others.

Edited by Morisato